Big East post-spring power rankings | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Big East post-spring power rankings

Thread probably would have died if the rutgers guy didn't butt in.

You are absolutely correct. The thread be done! You guys are absolutely correct! See you all in several months, and good luck to the season and in your new conference!

Tiger

The worst thing about Greg Robinson's hiring was that it directly led to Rutgers getting a taste of success (Ray Rice)

The worst thing about Greg Robinson's hiring was that it directly led to Rutgers getting a taste of success (Ray Rice)
And there's nothing wrong with that. Everyone wants a little success at some point. Hopefully, we can sustain that success and progress for the future.

How bad/depressing/unsatisfying must life be for RUUUUUUU. What a douche. Trolling constantly on other boards to offer valued insight and to interject some sort of Rutgers tripe into any thread possible. I wonder how much more enjoyable its life would be if it got some hobbies, or spent time with family. It must be so frustrating to tout the alleged merits of an irrelevant and debt-ridden program to other fanbases that just don't care and won't be playing any teams from the SUNYAC in the future.

I guess you have to put teams somewhere but in my opinion teams 2-8 is a crap shoot. Outside of Louisville, every team has questions.

And there's nothing wrong with that. Everyone wants a little success at some point. Hopefully, we can sustain that success and progress for the future.

It's all a matter of perception of your team and expectations. Based on SU vs RU on the field the past 3 seasons, the teams themselves have been failry even. RU fans see it as "oh we're so close!" and SU fans see it as "We've still got alot of work to do". I think that is caused by SU fans having prolonged exposure to being alot better than now, and RU fans having 2006 and thinking they aren't too far from getting back there.

As a result, if you read the SU board alot of fans are pessimistic (sometimes to a fault) vs the RU board where fans are optimistic (sometimes to a fault). The product the fanbases have viewed on the field the last 3 years haven't been much different, but the eyes the fans see their teams through certainly have been.

It's all a matter of perception of your team and expectations. Based on SU vs RU on the field the past 3 seasons, the teams themselves have been failry even. RU fans see it as "oh we're so close!" and SU fans see it as "We've still got alot of work to do". I think that is caused by SU fans having prolonged exposure to being alot better than now, and RU fans having 2006 and thinking they aren't too far from getting back there.

As a result, if you read the SU board alot of fans are pessimistic (sometimes to a fault) vs the RU board where fans are optimistic (sometimes to a fault). The product the fanbases have viewed on the field the last 3 years haven't been much different, but the eyes the fans see their teams through certainly have been.

Not necessarily so, and I will explain why; what some of you read is the free board material, and that has it's place among the crap to diarrhea nonsense that anyone will read. However on the premium sites, there's not a lot of optimism going on, but just realism. We always talk about what portion of the team needs improvement, and who needs to pull their weight. As an example, we always harped and worried if the team would ever come out prepared at the beginning of each season since GS arrived. That was always a concern of ours. There's a lot of realism that goes on on the premium side, and on the serious tip, a lot of us rarely have anything to do or want to do with the free side. That's the part that you don't see, or ever care to see...but I understand. You're CUSE and we're not! I guess it's going to just be that way!:noidea:

Not necessarily so, and I will explain why; what some of you read is the free board material, and that has it's place among the crap to diarrhea nonsense that anyone will read. However on the premium sites, there's not a lot of optimism going on, but just realism. We always talk about what portion of the team needs improvement, and who needs to pull their weight. As an example, we always harped and worried if the team would ever come out prepared at the beginning of each season since GS arrived. That was always a concern of ours. There's a lot of realism that goes on on the premium side, and on the serious tip, a lot of us rarely have anything to do or want to do with the free side. That's the part that you don't see, or ever care to see...but I understand. You're CUSE and we're not! I guess it's going to just be that way!:noidea:

Ive had some good convo's on the Rutgers board but more times then not you get the overzealous fanboys visiting other teams boards which paint everyone's perception of your fans. Haven't been over in awhile though since, aside from game week and head to head recruiting battles, I don't have a overwhelming interest in RU like some. You guys are just another team on the schedule and after this year that may not even be the case anymore. WVU was the one game I wanted to win every year and they're gone and with it so is my interest in winning any 1 particular conference game.

In retrospect, do you think the last 8 years would have been better or worse for SU if PP was kept in place and he brought in Ray Rice in 2005?

I think he is clearly better than GROB and appears to be better than Marrone

In retrospect, do you think the last 8 years would have been better or worse for SU if PP was kept in place and he brought in Ray Rice in 2005?

I think the Jury is still out on Marrone, hard to compare the two as Coach P was left a decent program from Coach Mac while Marrone was left with a pile of dog from Grob. I think the last 8 years would have been better with Coach P as a whole when you compare the total years of Grob and DM.

Again, why do you feel the need to try and convince an opposing fanbase of anything?

We have the advantage over you. We have observed and lived with PP over a period of years. We know what he can do ... and where his weaknesses are.

Having seen both of them --- P for a longer time --- I would be surprised if many, or even some SU fans, would swap Marrone for PP.

That should tell you all you need to know.

Hard to compare. Marrone has to clean up Robinson's mess. PP came into a much better situation under Coach Dick.

Unless your assertion is based on a sample size of one year at Uconn. But that would be silly.

Ive had some good convo's on the Rutgers board but more times then not you get the overzealous fanboys visiting other teams boards which paint everyone's perception of your fans. Haven't been over in awhile though since, aside from game week and head to head recruiting battles, I don't have a overwhelming interest in RU like some. You guys are just another team on the schedule and after this year that may not even be the case anymore. WVU was the one game I wanted to win every year and they're gone and with it so is my interest in winning any 1 particular conference game.

It will be nice to play BC every year again. They are a team I definitely consider to be a rival.