Big East should negotiate early exits for Pitt, Syracuse to ACC, WVU to Big 12 | Syracusefan.com

Big East should negotiate early exits for Pitt, Syracuse to ACC, WVU to Big 12

That writer made a good point I haven't seen made elsewhere.

"To help retain the conference’s Bowl Championship Series automatic-qualifier status? Those standards figure to change when the BCS contracts expire in two years, and if Marinatto irks his fellow commissioners, they may do him no favors when crafting a revised AQ formula."

Plus, wouldn't it be in the BE's interest to get Boise in ASAP? They're going to help the AQ retention immeasurably if they stay a top 10 team, no one else in the current BE is doing that.

The article mentions...

"North Carolina State football coach Tom O’Brien was then Boston College’s big whistle and recalls the awkwardness.

"It wasn’t fun, I can promise you that,” O’Brien said on an ACC teleconference in September. “… From that point on, everybody in the Big East got together and did their best to make sure we didn’t win a football game in the Big East. It was everybody against BC in those days.”

It appears this trend continues, with everyone in the ACC getting together and making sure BC doesn't win a game in the ACC.:)

The article mentions...

"North Carolina State football coach Tom O’Brien was then Boston College’s big whistle and recalls the awkwardness.

"It wasn’t fun, I can promise you that,” O’Brien said on an ACC teleconference in September. “… From that point on, everybody in the Big East got together and did their best to make sure we didn’t win a football game in the Big East. It was everybody against BC in those days.”

It appears this trend continues, with everyone in the ACC getting together and making sure BC doesn't win a game in the ACC.:)

Ha - like TV announcers praising a UL receiver for pushing off and a ref justr saying ho-hum. :mad:

Ha - like TV announcers praising a UL receiver for pushing off and a ref justr saying ho-hum. :mad:

"Just a little push" they called it. Lyn had the kid covered, he pushed off to get open and I was like not only did the ref missed it these clowns didn't have an issue with it. That was tough.

Do we really think Big East refs need a reason to suck? They've been horrendous forever.

"Just a little push" they called it. Lyn had the kid covered, he pushed off to get open and I was like not only did the ref missed it these clowns didn't have an issue with it. That was tough.

Yeah, honestly, considering how ridiculous it was for us out of the box in Pitino's new home I am surprised more conspiracy theories new popped up. Making the correct call there could've completely changed the tone of that game.

Yeah, honestly, considering how ridiculous it was for us out of the box in Pitino's new home I am surprised more conspiracy theories new popped up. Making the correct call there could've completely changed the tone of that game.

If the trend continues in games going forward one will have to wonder... Personal fouls as well

"To help retain the conference’s Bowl Championship Series automatic-qualifier status? Those standards figure to change when the BCS contracts expire in two years, and if Marinatto irks his fellow commissioners, they may do him no favors when crafting a revised AQ formula."

That is a good point. Swofford and the Big 12 guy should get Mariannato on a conference call and mention that to him. If he's still playing tough they should ask him how his expansion looks without UConn, Rutgers, Cincy and Louisville.

There did seem to be a bit of Remember the Titans to the first part of that game.

On the other hand Smith got knocked down 15+ times after he released the ball and not a flag was thrown.

That's more or less what I've been posting... Marinatto is playing hard ball while he can, but what is he going to do when those 27 months are up? He's got a short window where he has leverage, and he doesn't seem concerned about what his situation is going to be when he's got nothing left to bargain with.

There did seem to be a bit of Remember the Titans to the first part of that game.

On the other hand Smith got knocked down 15+ times after he released the ball and not a flag was thrown.

Yeah, I found that surprising. Glad they didn't, because none of them should have been flag worthy. But if you have a crew of refs with a certain agenda, that's one place to easily get away with it.

I didn't catch every call, but the one on Hay and the one on Kobena each looked legit. Hay needs to learn to stop when the play is over, and Kobena looked like he was throwing punches, unfortunately from the top of the pile.

Only one more hostile site game, and it's this weekend. After that it's all ACC venues. Dome & Pitt. And Yankee Stadium.

Was Kobena actually swinging at a player or trying to punch the ball out? I didn't see it but was told it looked like he was trying to knock the ball loose.

Geno, WVU? Well...

Was Kobena actually swinging at a player or trying to punch the ball out? I didn't see it but was told it looked like he was trying to knock the ball loose.

Doesn't matter - that's what I call unsportsmanlike conduct and he should have been thrown out of the game. We simply got punched in the mouth by UL and we lost that game to the better team Sat.

The ball was under the player but he was punching him in the back and shoulders/arms. It was pretty blatant. I'm sure he thought he may have been trying to punch out the ball but the ball wasn't where he was punching and couldn't even be seen.

The ball was under the player but he was punching him in the back and shoulders/arms. It was pretty blatant. I'm sure he thought he may have been trying to punch out the ball but the ball wasn't where he was punching and couldn't even be seen.

Answers that. Obviously not planning on watching the replay of that game.

With the wisdom of Solomon, I decree that WVU will have to play 6 games next year in the B12, and 6 games in the BE.