Saturday, Sept. 10
Rhode Island at Syracuse
Norfolk St. at West Virginia
Rutgers at North Carolina
Maine at Pittsburgh
Cinci at Tennessee
Ball St. at S. Florida
UConn at Vandy

A Cinci win would look real good for the conference. Anyone going to root for Rutgers??

The Rutgers O-line vs. UNC's D-line will be big indicator on how their season is going to go, IMO.

Well if their first game is any indicator ole Savon Huggy-bear won't have much room to run.

I'm all about the big east winning in non-conference to gain respect for the conference, but I flat out refuse to root for Rutgers

I understand. You could look at it as rooting against the chumps who kept us out of the ACC though, if that helps!

uconn needs to beat vandy bottom line, and a cinci win would be so HUGE for this conference. man I hate rutgers so tough to pull for them either way a win or loss for them wont bother me.

Note- WV plays today against Marshall

Next weeks BE games:

Friday, Sept. 9
Florida Int'l at L'ville

Saturday, Sept. 10
Rhode Island at Syracuse
Maine at Pittsburgh
Cinci at Tennessee
Ball St. at S. Florida
UConn at Vandy

The only games that matter are RU-UNC, Cincy-Tenn, UConn-Vandy and I honestly I am hoping for 2 out of 3. Just like I doubt RU rooted for us against Wake I will be indifferent on that game and if they win good for the BE, but honestly UConn should handle Vandy setting up Cincy to go into Neyland and give the BE pretty good win potentially.

WVU has a really good shot at giving this conference a boost if they can somehow beat LSU ... who looked fantastic against Oregon ... for some reason WVU seems to give those SEC teams fits.

Gameday hasn't been to a BE campus since Va Tech, Miami, and BC left. If WVU and LSU are undefeated on 9-24 then Gameday should be there for that game and honestly the better WVU does this yr the more I believe the SEC may want them to be the 14th team.

There is absolutely no way I could ever root for Rutgers. I dont care if they're playing a Lane Kiffin coached, overhyped Notre Dame team made up of all the suspended players from Miami all the while being led onto the field by that booster who paid them while he waves the flag for the Boston College Eagles. I would still root for them to beat Rutgers.

Rutgers won't win anyway ... UNC is going to manhandle them even more this year than they did last year.

Note- WV plays today against Marshall

Next weeks BE games:

Friday, Sept. 9
Florida Int'l at L'ville

Saturday, Sept. 10
Rhode Island at Syracuse
Maine at Pittsburgh
Cinci at Tennessee
Ball St. at S. Florida
UConn at Vandy

A Cinci win would look real good for the conference. Anyone going to root for Rutgers??

By happenstance I will be in Chapel Hill next Saturday - have tix to the game - will be wearing SU gear - and definitely Not rooting for Rutgers.

I don't really get why West Virginia doing well this year would be a huge factor in the SEC taking them. Either they are attractive enough already...or they aren't. Picking a team to join your conference based on one season seems incredibly short-sighted.

Honestly I didn't really follow the logic of Nebraska to the Big Ten, either. Its not like the Big 10 picked up a huge additional numer of viewers for their channel, and Nebraska has been cut off from their traditional recruiting areas by the move. The only way that made sense was if Texas joined the Big 10... which is why I gotta believe that Nebraska is working every channel they have to try to sway Texas/Oklahoma/Oklahoma St/??? to join the big 10 instead of the reported move to the PAC-16.

I'm all about the big east winning in non-conference to gain respect for the conference, but I flat out refuse to root for Rutgers

I'm rooting for Rutgers... North Carolina fans are arrogant, spoiled little kids - the only reason we don't hate them with a passion is we aren't in the ACC. Plus, I'd rather have more quality looking wins on the schedule, so I'd rather have Rutgers with a respectable record on 10/1 when they come to the Dome for Marrone's annual coaching clinic for Shady

I don't really get why West Virginia doing well this year would be a huge factor in the SEC taking them. Either they are attractive enough already...or they aren't. Picking a team to join your conference based on one season seems incredibly short-sighted.

Honestly I didn't really follow the logic of Nebraska to the Big Ten, either. Its not like the Big 10 picked up a huge additional numer of viewers for their channel, and Nebraska has been cut off from their traditional recruiting areas by the move. The only way that made sense was if Texas joined the Big 10... which is why I gotta believe that Nebraska is working every channel they have to try to sway Texas/Oklahoma/Oklahoma St/??? to join the big 10 instead of the reported move to the PAC-16.

I think the whole reason this year would be paramount is because of the new staff at WVU ... if Holgorsen goes out and has a really good team then you know the team is in capable hands and there is a lot less to worry about. However he comes off looking like Bill Stewart then you have to worry about program stability. WVU has had sustained success ... I think the key is making sure its still sustainable ... that is why i could see this year being key.

Nebraska is a national power in football a top 10 program of all-time. The Big 12 didn't divide revenue equally and Texas basically made the decision to create the LHN over the objections of several schools aTm and Nebraska among them. The B1G wanted to expand to a 12th team. Notre Dame wasn't jumping so the B1G decided take Nebraska and power football program over the Missouri who only brought the STL and KC markets and doesn't have the national cache that Nebraska has. Nebraska HAS NO POWER to get Texas or Oklahoma into the B1G, and they honestly are happy where they are at. The B1G created an additional revenue to the tune of 25 million per year from Fox to televise the Conference Championship game in Indianapolis. That 25 million per year alone justified Nebraska's inclusion unless any new school will bring that the B1G won't expand anymore. Only 2 programs out there could create that revenue Texas and Notre Dame and neither are looking at the B1G right now because Texas has a "Tech" problem as the Freedom of Information Act disclosed in an email between UT prez and Ohio St. prez and Notre Dame has already publicly denied an invitation in 1999 and won't join until they are forced to by NCAA law or something.

I think the whole reason this year would be paramount is because of the new staff at WVU ... if Holgorsen goes out and has a really good team then you know the team is in capable hands and there is a lot less to worry about. However he comes off looking like Bill Stewart then you have to worry about program stability. WVU has had sustained success ... I think the key is making sure its still sustainable ... that is why i could see this year being key.

Forgot about the coaching change, that makes sense. Although I think the likelihood of them having success in the SEC is pretty low, unless WVU lowered their expectations to making low level bowls as successful. If kids are getting 200K to go to Auburn and be surrounded by hot co-eds, how much dough would it take to get them to go and hang out with the toothless rednecks in West Virginia?

Nebraska is a national power in football a top 10 program of all-time.

Fairly meaningless if the move costs them their old recruiting base and they can't make inroads in the Midwest. Not sure that stiffing Texas and having been a once mighty program will be consolation to their fans if that's the way this breaks. It'll take about 10 years to see which way it goes, so proclaiming its certain to happen or that they'll always be able to recruit is pointless - they may have had no other choice, but moving to the Big 10 wasn't risk free.

Prior to joining the Big 12 in 1994 Nebraska didn't have Texas on its schedule and it did just fine recruiting in TX and its surrounding area. Also, Nebraska being a top 10 power was HUGE in the B1G's decision to be added had it been all about markets the B1G would have added Missouri who is a natural rival for Illinois, Iowa, etc. and added the St. Louis and Kansas City markets for the Big Ten Network, but the B1G liked the idea of having 4 of the top 1o teams Ohio St, Penn St, Michigan and Nebraska in its conference and so they went with history over TV markets.

North Carolina fans are arrogant, spoiled little kids - the only reason we don't hate them with a passion is we aren't in the ACC.

Funny you say that. A friend of mine went to Maryland and says that about Duke fans- hates them passionately. He says UNC fans aren't that bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom