big mets trade brewing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

big mets trade brewing

Syndergaard for Realmuto would be a stupid deal. I told you the Mets would do something stupid.
If they give Syndergaard to the Yankees enjoy watching the team in the Bronx in October.
Of course it will force Boston to have to do something stupid to keep up with the Yankees.
We will throw in DLsbury.

Another nice vet for the Mets locker room

We’ve all seen Infinity War, Thor has short hair now.

Syndergaard for Realmuto would be a stupid deal. I told you the Mets would do something stupid.
If they give Syndergaard to the Yankees enjoy watching the team in the Bronx in October.
Of course it will force Boston to have to do something stupid to keep up with the Yankees.

No one needs to tell me the Mets are going to do something stupid.

I don't really think they're gonna trade Noah though

When did realmuto become john bench? Nice player he's being overvalued the thought of Thor pitching in the Bronx makes me sick.

When did realmuto become john bench? Nice player he's being overvalued the thought of Thor pitching in the Bronx makes me sick.

It makes sense for the Marlins to move him for just that reason. You'd be selling him at the peak of his value.

I agree but it seems like they are asking for a lot for him.

Well, you always start with the 'greater fool' theory. All it takes is one fool. The Mets have been a better target than most others, and they've got a rookie GM. It also emphasizes the meme that they don't really feel like they want to trade him, but would if they were bowled over. Just remember the #1 rule of trade negotiations: "Everybody lies."

Realmuto is really really good, he's probably the best catcher in the game? But Grandal is pretty good, and he would just cost money, so you could see where that's a problem

i have to say, thus far i am pleasantly surprised with bvw's moves. he's filled a lot of holes and hasn't surrendered any of his starting pitching.

still need to add bullpen depth, but a 7th-8th-9th inning procession of lugo-familia-diaz looks fearsome on paper

if the starters can get to 6 innings this year so the bullpen can finish off games the hope every year for mets fans.

also G-man is in that mix with lugo.

i have to say, thus far i am pleasantly surprised with bvw's moves. he's filled a lot of holes and hasn't surrendered any of his starting pitching.

still need to add bullpen depth, but a 7th-8th-9th inning procession of lugo-familia-diaz looks fearsome on paper
Need another bat would like pollock.

add jed lowrie to the mix now. great signing. $20m deal. wilpons are letting bvw spend money this off season.

i'm guessing that's it for big money this year, though. going to have to find lefty bullpen help from the collection of minor league deals they've handed out. and probably means vargas is locked in as the 5th starter

They didn’t want to give Pollock 4 years. McNeil to the OF with the Lowrie signing.

it's been awhile but frazier has left field experience, too. and they are talking about trying tda out there as well.

building some dodger-like multi-positionality

The Mets GM is going to trade Syndergaard before Wednesday most likely will he get back a package better then the one he traded for Diaz/Cano.

Can't wrap my head around the level of stupid behind trading Syndergaard. They have two more years of control after this season. Their rotation would be a disaster in 2020 with deGrom, Matz and a band of castoffs. Anthony Kay, their top pitching prospect, has an ERA close to 7 in Syracuse. He is not ML ready. The idea of trading a proven player who's having a down year for prospects is bewildering and only accepted in baseball. There's no guarantee these guys will be successful at the next level, if they make it. For all we know the Mets may end up with the next Lastings Milledge and Gavin Cecchini.

By flipping Noah, they're punting on 2020 imo. The starting rotation didn't cost them the season; the bullpen did. Bring your core back (deGrom, Syndergaard, Diaz, Alonso, Conforto, McNeil, Smith, Rosario, Lugo), add complementary pieces and see what next season holds.

The Mets GM is going to trade Syndergaard before Wednesday most likely will he get back a package better then the one he traded for Diaz/Cano.

Ron Howard: He did not

you can trade next yr if you want but dont give up on next yr yet.

degrom/vargas/noah if you trade wheeler then fine but get something but it cant be both. Matz as the 5 is ok, then sign some decent FA.

you unload frasier if you can and go with Davies now, unload smith too if you can.

If lowrie comes back next yr you just have to hope Cano hits a little.

you can move mcneil to 3rd and find another CF and hope Cespedes comes back or keep the outfield as is and find a LF..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom