BIG NEWS ORANGE NATION! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BIG NEWS ORANGE NATION!

Niko does this deal mean that TW sports is shut out of televising SU sports next year? I am guessing that CW-6 will become the go to channel for most SU games not picked up by ESPN. I dont see CNY central using NBC-3 to broadcast SU vs Hobart on Tuesday night next April.

Does this mean no more Mark Larson and Dale Drypolcher on LAX games?

I'll be the first a-hole to ask.

Screw the syracuse folk, they're going to be raking leaves anyway. What does this mean for people living in the Albany area?

Either listen to the Brian and Kyle show on the radio ... or go to the game in the first place. :p

LOL, I am at most games but occassionally I dont make it up to the Dome for Lax or they cover the away games at Hobart or Cornell. Kyle is worse then Dale calling the game, somehow that is possible.

Does this mean no more Mark Larson and Dale Drypolcher on LAX games?

Sorry for the delay in responses...had to be on the air 7...yes..7 times between 5-630..

This deal does not include lacrosse, that's all I can really offer on that, I assume the way they are broadcasted would remain unchanged...and that'd be nice I'm a big fan of Mark and Dale.

It honestly doesn't matter what you have----TWC, DirecTV, Fios etc. because they all carry our stations...even as Mark said, good ol' rabbit ears in the middle of nowhere can pick up our ACC Game of the Week. It was a huge factor in us being so appealing to the ACC and them wanting to work with us, the reach to everyone regardless of how they watch..

p.s. Mark can I use your post in my sportscast tonight?

actually its a big deal if you watch BBall games on SNY because that probably wont be happening anymore.. syracuse stations dont work more than 20 miles south of the city for most people. Sucks for me since I cant get OTA for syracuse and cant get locals on directtv either..

Does time warner sports want to knife fight you guys right now?

Where'd he get that hand grenade?

brick1.jpg

Sorry for the delay in responses...had to be on the air 7...yes..7 times between 5-630..

This deal does not include lacrosse, that's all I can really offer on that, I assume the way they are broadcasted would remain unchanged...and that'd be nice I'm a big fan of Mark and Dale.

It honestly doesn't matter what you have----TWC, DirecTV, Fios etc. because they all carry our stations...even as Mark said, good ol' rabbit ears in the middle of nowhere can pick up our ACC Game of the Week. It was a huge factor in us being so appealing to the ACC and them wanting to work with us, the reach to everyone regardless of how they watch..

p.s. Mark can I use your post in my sportscast tonight?

Will the ACC Game of the Week be determined by CNYCentral or the conference? Is there any indication how many games "a select number" is?

Our household has been reevaluating our cable package because we feel Time Warner is gouging us and that we can possibly get another deal with DirecTV and/or downgrade our service. One of the biggest hangups is the possibility of losing televised SU games, so this CNYCentral deal does have significant influence on our decision.

Will the ACC Game of the Week be determined by CNYCentral or the conference? Is there any indication how many games "a select number" is?

Our household has been reevaluating our cable package because we feel Time Warner is gouging us and that we can possibly get another deal with DirecTV and/or downgrade our service. One of the biggest hangups is the possibility of losing televised SU games, so this CNYCentral deal does have significant influence on our decision.

the acc with imput from espn will decide game of the week .I'd say in a full slate of games it would be 4th or 5th best game during football

I'll be the first a-hole to ask.

Screw the syracuse folk, they're going to be raking leaves anyway. What does this mean for people living in the Albany area?

Same question, but for the Binghamton/Oneonta area...

LOL, I am at most games but occassionally I dont make it up to the Dome for Lax or they cover the away games at Hobart or Cornell. Kyle is worse then Dale calling the game, somehow that is possible.

I actually enjoy Kyle. Because THE BOTTOM LINE is that he knows lacrosse. And when you know lacrosse, THE BOTTOM LINE is that you be a good broadcaster. BOTTOM LINE, if you understand the game and have passion for the game...you will be succesful.

And that's THE BOTTOM LINE...

Nice! I assume the length of the contract means the ACC thinks it is going to take 3 years to get the ACC Network up and running. Or to be more precise, it is going to be at least 3 years before the ACC Network is up and running...

...or sooner. More information coming soon. The next weeks will have some interesting discussions of what may be...just continue to smile...

It's Good To Be 'Cuse!

Binghamton and Elmira/Corning are both separate markets to my understanding (their own affiliations...I'm betting you watch Channel 12 and 18 respectively for news?) So it's tough for me to say. Oneonta should see us, and Binghamton, so you have options..

P.S. those in Syracuse, can hear Texan Mark referenced on Channel 3 and 5 news at 11. (CW 6 at 10 too)

Pretty big blow to TW Sports to lose all bball and fball rights for SU. Gotta think there going to go all in on ACC LAX coverage.

I'm proud to announce, in a special way to my favorite fellow SU fans here on the board that the stations of CNY Central have landed the ACC Network rights for the next 3 years in the Syracuse market.

http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=911706#.UcIELaXD-M8

While I'm pretty busy with the news today, any questions you have for me please ask in this thread and I'll do my best to answer.

Long story short, the SU football and basketball games that don't land on ESPN, ESPN2 etc. Will be televised on one of our channels, usually NBC-3 or CW-6 (over the air broadcast stations, so everyone can watch)

To quote Arb, it's a great day...to be Orange (and work for this station)...speaking of Arb, maybe you can ask him why it's a 3 year deal :)
What about Binghamton/Southern tier

Should I finally bag Time Warner and go sign up for Verizon? Is this a sign?
Do it I did in September and all the games are aired on 501 if they are not on espn or other channels. Trust me its much better IMO

Pretty big blow to TW Sports to lose all bball and fball rights for SU. Gotta think there going to go all in on ACC LAX coverage.
Kind of shocking that they would let this go. TW and its predecessors (it was originally Rogers Cable I think) has been involved covering SU sports tier 3 content from the early 1980s. It was their biggest weapon stopping people from migrating to Fios.

I wonder, are the coaches shows going to move to 'Niko Network' as well?

Kind of shocking that they would let this go. TW and its predecessors (it was originally Rogers Cable I think) has been involved covering SU sports tier 3 content from the early 1980s. It was their biggest weapon stopping people from migrating to Fios.

I wonder, are the coaches shows going to move to 'Niko Network' as well?
aye, I have stayed with TW digital because of coverage of SU sports......might be time to say goodbye. whoever gets me SU football coverage is where Im going

Does DirecTV carry CW-6 in the Syracuse Area? I know we don't have a channel six...please tell me it's in there somewhere.

...sorry - I didnt see that you already answered the DTV question...

one more question: Will you be carrying the 4 Exhibition Games in Canada this August?