Big Papi shot | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Big Papi shot

Could of been a Yankee. Don't remember the details of why not, but was that a mistake that rewrote a lot of history. Anyway as a Yankee fan I have no bad feelings towards BP and wish him a full recovery.

Your a member of Pink Hat Nation because you support Boston.

Your comical defense of a fraudulent cheat... hilarious.

lol and u still haven't explained how a guy tested numerous times a year could be one of the top sluggers in the game at 40 years old. Unlike AFraud who fell apart as soon as he couldn't juice anymore. I get it tho, Papi tormented you so badly over the years that asking you to look at things objectively is too much to expect.

Ortiz...Minnesota Twins, right?

Hoping for a 100% recovery. Really odd...sounds like it was a hit.

lol and u still haven't explained how a guy tested numerous times a year could be one of the top sluggers in the game at 40 years old. Unlike AFraud who fell apart as soon as he couldn't juice anymore. I get it tho, Papi tormented you so badly over the years that asking you to look at things objectively is too much to expect.

You still at this? You’re quite thick. Let me guess, you watch the Olympics and think they are all natty too? Of course you do. Fairly common knowledge that you can manipulate and mask with the proper guidance. Not all cheats get popped ya know.

Unless you and him finally come up with the reason he pissed hot, and doesn’t deflect with finger pointing GNC and the NYT, stop being a prat. Just inbox me when the two of you get the real answer for the positive test, that he swore 10 years ago he would get and never did. I look forward to it.

Your school-girl crush on Ortiz was cute and humorous earlier. At this point your white knighting is no longer entertaining me.

You still at this? You’re quite thick. Let me guess, you watch the Olympics and think they are all natty too? Of course you do. Fairly common knowledge that you can manipulate and mask with the proper guidance. Not all cheats get popped ya know.

Unless you and him finally come up with the reason he pissed hot, and doesn’t deflect with finger pointing GNC and the NYT, stop being a prat. Just inbox me when the two of you get the real answer for the positive test, that he swore 10 years ago he would get and never did. I look forward to it.

Your school-girl crush on Ortiz was cute and humorous earlier. At this point your white knighting is no longer entertaining me.

U still mad, bro?

Three or four cracks at it and u still won't touch how Ortiz could bang out 35+ dingers while being tested several times during the season and during the off season. Instead u say stoopid sheet like he started to flourish when he showed up on some list when he was flourishing the minute he started playing every day with Boston in 2003 instead of just part time like he did with the Twins.

Please carry on with your ignorant takes.

U still mad, bro?

Three or four cracks at it and u still won't touch how Ortiz could bang out 35+ dingers while being tested several times during the season and during the off season. Instead u say stoopid sheet like he started to flourish when he showed up on some list when he was flourishing the minute he started playing every day with Boston in 2003 instead of just part time like he did with the Twins.

Please carry on with your ignorant takes.

He would have played every day if he was good enough to play every day. What made him miraculously gain bat speed catch up to inside fastballs? More AB’s? PED’s had zero impact? I mean... Your impotent defense of this guy...

I’m apathetic toward the entire steroid era. Players are still using, some smarter than others. It has never taken away the joy I have watching ball games.

Ortiz was a fantastic ball player and larger than life person. I have tremendous respect for what he has done off the diamond. What he gives back transcends sports. He is a class act and nothing can take that away. Fortunately he is recovering and improving... this could have been fatal. Staying on brand being Boston Strong.

Feel like I should finish this thread hijack with a compliment: Although I scoff at your Papi take, I’m looking forward to your NFC East takes in the NFL thread this season. My Giants will probably finish 4-12, so that should be low-hanging fruit for you to add insult to my 16 weeks of injury. Those takes I won’t be able to counter.

Take this lightly as it’s being reported in not the most trusted outlets the shooting was a hit ordered by a Dominican drug lord because Papi was having a relationship with his ex-wife.
Not sure I trust that completely but the video makes it hard to believe it was anything but an attempt to kill Ortiz.

The rivalry doesn’t really matter here. Ortiz was liked by pretty much everyone on the Yankees. This is more scary than anything.

Take this lightly as it’s being reported in not the most trusted outlets the shooting was a hit ordered by a Dominican drug lord because Papi was having a relationship with his ex-wife.
Not sure I trust that completely but the video makes it hard to believe it was anything but an attempt to kill Ortiz.

The rivalry doesn’t really matter here. Ortiz was liked by pretty much everyone on the Yankees. This is more scary than anything.

Le Batard briefly mentioned the hit angle Monday but didn’t go into it any deeper than that. Most likely because it hasn’t been substantiated yet. Not sure he went any further with it yesterday, haven’t listened to the show yet (I’m usually a day or 2 behind). From the footage it seems believable. It didn’t appear to be random at all.

Your a member of Pink Hat Nation because you support Boston.

Your comical defense of a fraudulent cheat... hilarious.
The guy just got shot can we get over the rivalry for 5 mins and show some respect?

And this is why people get annoyed with yankees fans.

What does calling a spade a spade have to do with the Yankees?

Brian, love ya buddy... but I care about your take on this as much as I care about what I scoop off the lawn with a plastic bag when I follow behind my dog.

Save your data and fight a different battle someplace else.

...and flaccid Ortiz takes are why people get annoyed with pink hat fans.

And this is why people get annoyed with yankees fans.
This is the Yankees fault.

If they had properly thrown at him for 15 years and not made him so comfortable in uncomfortable spots, maybe he would’ve had his guard up more in the DR...

This is the Yankees fault.
Of course not but he's a human being you should feel bad for him.

If they had properly thrown at him for 15 years and not made him so comfortable in uncomfortable spots, maybe he would’ve had his guard up more in the DR...
[/QUOTE

Lance Armstrong

Five arrested
IMO - 2 things
Papi got involved with the wrong people, tried to bail, and they shot him.
The wrong people tried to shake down Papi, he sad no, so they shot him.

Conclusion - it appears from the news the last month or so, that the DR is a lawless wasteland, which is sad, because I have heard that it is a beautiful place.

Last edited:
Interesting new development.

It would explain why the bounty was only $8k, but still seems fishy

DR AG: Ortiz shooting case of mistaken identity
Nobody believes that spin.
Even John Henry’s propaganda newspaper in Boston knows people don’t believe that.

These two look nothing alike.
D9dUMTJXoAAWbbp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom