Big play in the game - I think | Syracusefan.com

Big play in the game - I think

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
I say I think because the beverages have it a bit blurry, BUT - our last full drive of the first half we have a 3rd and long. ED misses an open receiver over the middle. I wanna say it was 5 but maybe not. We punt there and they go on their last score of the half.

That led to the bomb to start the 2nd half and entire game was different. While watching if we hit that 3rd down run at least 3 more plays and get some yardage I think outcome changes. Thousands of plays like that I know but that one is standing out for me.

several huge plays, I think the one where he tried to throw it up for grabs in the corner and it was called a pick, but i think thats the one he had the TE running down the middle uncovered.. the dropped TD pass, several times we couldnt quite tackle the QB for sacks late in the game.

still a great effort by the kids.

Rileys drop on the replay looked even worse than it appeared to me live from that endzone. On the replay, that was a big time throw. You see the big dogs connect on 50+ yard bombs all the time, in stride no big deal. When we try our receiver basically trips on his own two feet and lets it slip right through his hands.

Talent is still an issue folks.

didnt Dungey have a huge run and Adams was called for a hold because he pancaked a guy into the ground (behind the run)? We might have ended up punting on that. I recall that was a big play at the time. There were LOTS of them.

Last edited:
didnt Dungey have a huge run and Adams was called for a hold because he pancaked a guy into the ground (behind the run)? We might have ended up punting on that. I recall that was big play at the time. There were LOTS of them.

Yeah, that cal was a head scratcher for sure if I remember. I was also a bit drunk, so I could have been way off.

Yeah, that cal was a head scratcher for sure if I remember. I was also a bit drunk, so I could have been way off.
The irritating thing to me about that play is that I think it was the only hold called all game.

Rileys drop on the replay looked even worse than it appeared to me live from that endzone. On the replay, that was a big time throw. You see the big dogs connect on 50+ yard bombs all the time, in stride no big deal. When we try our receiver basically trips on his own two feet and lets it slip right through his hands.

Talent is still an issue folks.

Riley did a great job against CMU catching the ball with his hands.

He tried to cradle that TD in his arms against LSU.

If only...

What a big time throw that was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom