Big ten | Syracusefan.com

Big ten

goodroc

Starter
why do i think if we get the call we jump and bump out Rutgers--

We don't belong in the B1G, the ACC is perfect for us. Moreover, if UConn is allowed in we are by far and away the best BB conference in the country. Being the best academically, in BB and with the addition of ND one of the best in FB, I love where we are. BTW if UConn joins it will elevate Women's BB and that means more tube time.

Sorry Crusty but this is all about Football - none of what you said really matters (nothing personal either).

I'm really looking forward to the ACC and if Maryland does leave I'd love ND to take their place and if not, Louisville.

Sorry goodroc, but Virginia and VTech are tied at the hip just like Oklahoma and Okie St. You take both or none.

SmilinBob - yep Louisville being ranked is a great choice - they just need to beat Rutgers and be the conference champ.

Will u feel the same if UNC and Virg jump to big ten
I know that has been discussed, but that is just so far-fetched, I would be shocked if that happens. Of course, I have been shocked before...

I don't think anyone is necessarily tied at the hip--they just need to be safe. If UVA and UNC went to B10, VTech and NCState could just go to the SEC.

Ugh...why did we need this thread?

If SU basketball had ended up in the BiG, I would have burned every couch in my neighborhood. To think that we would have been paired with Wisconsin and have to pay good money to watch paint dry twice a year. It gives me nightmares even now.

Sorry Crusty but this is all about Football - none of what you said really matters (nothing personal either).

Its about MONEY, not football. If basketball or lacrosse could produce more MONEY it would be about basketball or lacrosse. Now ask me if all that MONEY going to university athletic departments actually contributes anything to the university's core mission.

Jeepers - pretty well documented that Virginia/Vtech combo to the ACC forced Syracuse getting bumped back in 2003 (I think the governor stepped in). Also fairly documented that Okla was not leaving the B12 to go to the Pac10 unless Okie St was included.

PC - this conference shuffling aint about basketball but yeah I would rather watch paint dry as B1G bball is putrid to watch.

Jeepers - pretty well documented that Virginia/Vtech combo to the ACC forced Syracuse getting bumped back in 2003 (I think the governor stepped in). Also fairly documented that Okla was not leaving the B12 to go to the Pac10 unless Okie St was included.

PC - this conference shuffling aint about basketball but yeah I would rather watch paint dry as B1G bball is putrid to watch.

Didn't Ohio State have a spunky little guard that set the team record in tackles for the basketball team?

LOL - maybe they need to change the rules and have tackling in basketball games.

We have no alleigance to the Big East, ACC or B1G. The ONLY THING that matters is self preservation.

TGD should at least make a courtesy call to the B1G.

We have no alleigance to the Big East, ACC or B1G. The ONLY THING that matters is self preservation.

TGD should at least make a courtesy call to the B1G.

This. Especially if other ACC schools are talking to other conferences (FSU, CLemson-SEC/Big 12). I'm not sure what will pan out, but if the Pac 12 would make a quick strike, that destabilizes the Big 12, then all would be well for the ACC. Otherwise, the ACC becomes a feeder conference, ala Big East.

There seems to be another run in the college stock market today.

Question for you media savvy guys:

If the B1G's poaching is all about increasing revenue from cable TV subscribers why is Rutgers, Maryland, Virginia, NC, Georgia Tech, etc. considered a juicier target than Syracuse? There are far more households in NYS than in any of those other states. If this is really all about .80 cents x Cable TV households why isn't Syracuse the prime target on the east coast?

Question for you media savvy guys:

If the B1G's poaching is all about increasing revenue from cable TV subscribers why is Rutgers, Maryland, Virginia, NC, Georgia Tech, etc. considered a juicier target than Syracuse? There are far more households in NYS than in any of those other states. If this is really all about .80 cents x Cable TV households why isn't Syracuse the prime target on the east coast?

State schools vs. regionally popular private school.

Chakka, I wouldn't be surprised if Delaney and Slive have already powwowed and carved up the map. It's going to be hard for them to push into new states, having to take two schools, and still end up at 16.

Chakka, I wouldn't be surprised if Delaney and Slive have already powwowed and carved up the map. It's going to be hard for them to push into new states, having to take two schools, and still end up at 16.

My guess is that Delaney is more in talks with the PAC 12 commish more than Slive...the strike for the Big 12 teams may be next and the biggest mistake the PAC made was adding Utah and Colorado because that ties up stealing the 4: Texas/TT and OU/OSU.

State schools vs. regionally popular private school.

That doesn't answer the question. Let me put it another way: If it is all about expanding the cable TV footprint why is SUNY Buffalo not the top candidate on the east coast?

That doesn't answer the question. Let me put it another way: If it is all about expanding the cable TV footprint why is SUNY Buffalo not the top candidate on the east coast?

It did answer the question. There is no one school in NY that commands the state's attention.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom