bigger game for us | Syracusefan.com

bigger game for us

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
if we lose to pitt and fall 1 game behind them and still have to go to their place which is a house of horrors for us its gonna be tough to catch them. they have an easier acc schedule than us. cant afford any slip ups at home, need to win acc regular season to get the 1 in the east.

Baye needs to step up to them before the start and like Ivan Drago in Rocky IV matter of factly say, "You will lose".

if we lose to pitt and fall 1 game behind them and still have to go to their place which is a house of horrors for us its gonna be tough to catch them. they have an easier acc schedule than us. cant afford any slip ups at home, need to win acc regular season to get the 1 in the east.

agree on all points, except for the part that we need to win the ACC Reg Season to be the 1 seed. That is not even close to true, in my opinion.

agree on all points, except for the part that we need to win the ACC Reg Season to be the 1 seed. That is not even close to true, in my opinion.

you think we can get a 1 if we dont win acc regular season? i guess its possible but highly unlikely. maybe if pitt goes 15-3, we go 14-4 but win acc tourny. i would think most 1 seeds finish 1st in their conference.

Did anyone watch the Cinci game? Pitt had a very difficult time finishing inside against their two big guys and I have the feeling it will be more of the same against us so that means they need to beat us by making jump shots which is extremely hard to do even for teams that shoot very well.

Pitt will not be a 1 seed unless they win out IMO.

im not saying pitt will get a 1 seed if they win the regular season, they wont unless they go 17-1 or win out. im just saying we most likely need to finish 1st in acc to get 1 seed.

im not saying pitt will get a 1 seed if they win the regular season, they wont unless they go 17-1 or win out. im just saying we most likely need to finish 1st in acc to get 1 seed.

I don't think so if we finish 2nd with 3 losses or less. But winning outright certainly does help and it is an important game against the only other undefeated ACC team in conference.

Pitts chance at a 2/3 seed went to hell when they lost their sixth man. They had a cute win at Georgia Tech against a team without 2 players including one of their guards still only won by 7. They have one outside shooter now. This is not the Pitt of old, I will be highly disappointed if we do not beat them Saturday.

Last edited:
you think we can get a 1 if we dont win acc regular season? i guess its possible but highly unlikely. maybe if pitt goes 15-3, we go 14-4 but win acc tourny. i would think most 1 seeds finish 1st in their conference.

Pitt could go 17-1 and we could go 13-5 and we would still be seeded over them. They have no resume.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom