Biggest bone of contention with Brantley | Syracusefan.com

Biggest bone of contention with Brantley

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
is not that he de-committed, that stuff happens everywhere ... it is when it happened, the timing, so close to signing day and the quiet period.

At least Wayne Morgan was mature and wise enough to tell Penn State - too little, too late

He committed to us some time ago now, he could have taken other officials to compare things to - but instead hops on to a last minute, plan b or c offer from Mizzou and accepts without talking things over with his family and coaches.

Yes this is sour grapes, but these are the type of de-commits that bug me more than any other.

Agreed and his HS coach said Mizzou didn't have contact with Brantley until this past week. Also being in the SEC sealed the deal.

this one makes zero sense to me unless he was close to braumbaugh other than that i really didnt expect him to flip.

this one makes zero sense to me unless he was close to braumbaugh other than that i really didnt expect him to flip.
That is my guess. Committed to the position coach, not the HC or the school. But there is still time, let's see what his family has to say to him.

He was a Plan B for them as two weeks ago they had a dt decommit and switch to Houston, which is when they started talking to him. Funny thing is that he mentioned wanting to play on a team that wins and goes to bowl games... he does realize that they have no shot of winning but a few games in the SEC. They will compete with UK and Vandy for last every year and might barely make a bowl every couple years. FWIW I grew up an Oklahoma fan and can't stand them even more now!

John Garcia just tweeted Brantley had an uneasy visit to Syracuse whatever that means.

Must have felt threatened by all the JUCOS and DL in house?

He's probably uneasy that SU isn't an SEC school.

Playing games in Knoxville, Gainesville, and Athens ... who wouldn't want that?

It would be interesting to see who his host was

It would be interesting to see who his host was

At Syracuse who knows, just some player

At Mizzouri probably a young blond with big boom-boom's who's only answer to every question and request he had was "YES"

That is my guess. Committed to the position coach, not the HC or the school. But there is still time, let's see what his family has to say to him.
Right. It's a helluva long way from Hershey to Colombia, Mo.

John Garcia just tweeted Brantley had an uneasy visit to Syracuse whatever that means.
Very strange comment. Could be he just never really felt comfortable with his decision or maybe the coach he was working with didn't make him feel comfortable during his visit.

Very strange comment. Could be he just never really felt comfortable with his decision or maybe the coach he was working with didn't make him feel comfortable during his visit.

Did the kid not visit prior to his verbal? He must have no?

Did the kid not visit prior to his verbal? He must have no?
I think I remember reading yesterday somewhere (PS article maybe) that he committed after camping. To be honest, I don't care enough at this point to go back and read it. He's not coming here so I don't want to clutter my mind with any details about him any longer.

or it could be something as simple as some current students talking about the football program after watching the collapse last year. With the bball team in the top 2/3 in the country and the pathetic ending to last season, probably not too hard when out at a party hearing some loudmouth drunk students berating the football program. Not saying that's what happened, but I could see it.

I think I remember reading yesterday somewhere (PS article maybe) that he committed after camping. To be honest, I don't care enough at this point to go back and read it. He's not coming here so I don't want to clutter my mind with any details about him any longer.

I agree, time to move on. The better the recruit the better the odds of stuff like this of happening.

or it could be something as simple as some current students talking about the football program after watching the collapse last year. With the bball team in the top 2/3 in the country and the pathetic ending to last season, probably not too hard when out at a party hearing some loudmouth drunk students berating the football program. Not saying that's what happened, but I could see it.

I don't even think students were around when he visited but certainly see your point. Missouri has had a pretty damn good run as well... I think the facilities are hurting us with the bigger prospects, I just do.

He's probably uneasy that SU isn't an SEC school.

Playing games in Knoxville, Gainesville, and Athens ... who wouldn't want that?
well, being on the losing side of games in all those stadiums probably isn't that great. It's not like you're hanging out and partying afterwards - that's like saying, "ooohhh, an Iowa State offer, games in Austin, Norman and Dallas - who wouldn't want that?"

Brantley visited the weekend of the 16th of January. It was the weekend we had 13 or 14 recruits in town. Included a bunch of commits and 3 or 4 JUCOs. He was also at camp during the summer.

Joe Daily #2 or dissension in the locker room. . Interesting that the kids that waivered played the same position.

Joe Daily #2 or dissension in the locker room. ****. Interesting that the kids that waivered played the same position.

You need facilities, kids, and coaches to recruit. If you don't have all 3 you will be severely limited with recruiting success. If kids who are currently on the program are not happy then that is not good and will hurt our chances.. I don't think that is the case but certainly has been in the past, but who knows. Something did not go right for Brantley that is for sure and something tells me it is not coaching related

You need facilities, kids, and coaches to recruit. If you don't have all 3 you will be severely limited with recruiting success. If kids who are currently on the program are not happy then that is not good and will hurt our chances.. I don't think that is the case but certainly has been in the past, but who knows. Something did not go right for Brantley that is for sure and something tells me it is not coaching related

From what I've read, had nothing to do with coaching or contact with coaches...

Does it help that you visit Syracuse and 3 other defensive line prospects commit to Syracuse as a result of that visit? Maybe he felt pinched.

But everything doesn't have to be a conspiracy. Kid might have just had a better time at Mizzou. Students were on campus for his visit. And considering Mizzou was tyring to plug a hole after having a kid decommit I'm sure they showed Brantley A LOT of love.