Biggest concerns moving forward | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Biggest concerns moving forward

Hopefully the staff knows that other teams are gonna try to poach Maliq and Quadir this offseason and is planning accordingly. I know people talk about getting more talent and scheming and and rebounding, and that's all valid, but if Red allows the talent we do have to leave, everything else becomes a moot point.

I could take one player from Clemson - even back in December - it wouldn't be Joe, it'd be PJ Hall by a mile.

All conference, all American, projected 1st round pick. Not a tough call.

I could take one player from Clemson - even back in December - it wouldn't be Joe, it'd be PJ Hall by a mile.
He's in my Top 2 in the entire conference I would take. You could play him next to Maliq. Would be a different team.

If I could take one player from Clemson - even back in December - it wouldn't be Joe, it'd be PJ Hall by a mile.
I don’t think anyone would disagree with you, he’s awesome.

Rebounding isn't getting fixed the rest of the way since Carey and Hima can't be counted on and everyone else is too small with the possible exception of Taylor. People need to get that pipe dream out of their heads.

On-ball defense is a problem too, but again, with our roster so thin guys can't afford to get in foul trouble so we'll probably just have to live with it. Maybe it'll improve a little as the team adjusts to the lack of depth, but it's a pretty low ceiling.

Attitude is something that's more within everyone's control. We're going to give up runs and fouls are going to pile up. Guys will get gassed, physically and mentally. Resilience and not taking everything so personally would be good skills for these guys to develop for the future.
We don't have 7'4, Hima, Benny. We start a thin 6'8 forward at center with 4 guards.
If we win more than 2 more games Red and the team deserves to be applauded.
I expect us to play more Zone to protect Brown.
It's going to a tough.

I don’t think anyone would disagree with you, he’s awesome.
But it says more about where the main weakness on this team is, I guess. It desperately needs a center who can play defense and offense. Next season will be different with having a big skilled PF to pair with Maliq.

I'm fine with not having JG3 this season, but it seems like most would rather have him, but I think we miss Jesse way more.

But it says more about where the main weakness on this team is, I guess. It desperately needs a center who can play defense and offense. Next season will be different with having a big skilled PF to pair with Maliq.

I'm fine with not having JG3 this season, but it seems like most would rather have him, but I think we miss Jesse way more.

Of course. Jesse is very good and very good centers are few and far apart. He’s what this team is missing and would have changed the whole complexion of the team. I’d take Jesse 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. He’s finally back from injury at WVU and has played great the 2 games back. 16 and 7 and 25 and 10.

i like maliq but I dont like him as a starting center in the acc

Tough year for Red because he has a very flawed roster and has, IMO, made the best of it.
Poor shooting team with only Bell and JJ being able to make anything but they're erratic.
Under-sized front line. Bell is really more like a guard (at least built like a guard very slender) and clearly doesn't want to mix it up with physical bigger players under the boards. Taylor lacks athleticism.
This squad had 2 players come into the season thinking they were way better than they really are. One has been booted off the team and the other mistakenly thinks he's a lottery pick and has a low basketball IQ.
Better times in store for next year but Red has to get reinforcements via the portal.

Not sure I’ve ever seen an announcer tear into someone like that for so long. Obviously something is going on.
As in? Red and Judah don’t like each other?

Of course. Jesse is very good and very good centers are few and far apart. He’s what this team is missing and would have changed the whole complexion of the team. I’d take Jesse 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. He’s finally back from injury at WVU and has played great the 2 games back. 16 and 7 and 25 and 10.
Jesse bolting was just a crushing loss. We’d be so much better with him at center and Maliq at PF.

I'm only concerned about finishing well enough to set the runway for off-season portal pounding. We need home runs and grand slams, not singles (McLeod) and foul balls (Cuffe).
You forgot broken bats (Westry).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom