Biggest Crowd Of The Year !!!! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Biggest Crowd Of The Year !!!!

Why do you guys bother worrying about 'no shows' and estimating actual attendance? It's pointless.

I've never seen a fanbase do this like SU fans do. It's every week: "Well, they say attendance was 42,000, but actual butts in the seats by my count was 36,822."

Every event on the planet has no-shows. From lost tickets, to people too sick to go, to auto accidents or breakdowns, to 'just don't feel like going,' to 'let's do something else instead,' to 'Oh I forgot that's tonight!' etc.

Whether it's a sporting event, a concert, a comedy show, etc. there will always be tickets distributed that aren't used.

Good Lord, stop worrying about it.

Why do you guys bother worrying about 'no shows' and estimating actual attendance? It's pointless.

I've never seen a fanbase do this like SU fans do. It's every week: "Well, they say attendance was 42,000, but actual butts in the seats by my count was 36,822."

Every event on the planet has no-shows. From lost tickets, to people too sick to go, to auto accidents or breakdowns, to 'just don't feel like going,' to 'let's do something else instead,' to 'Oh I forgot that's tonight!' etc.

Whether it's a sporting event, a concert, a comedy show, etc. there will always be tickets distributed that aren't used.

You know everyone has their own OCD thing on this board. It just so happens 732 of us have Attendence OCD on this board, unfortunately we have currently 534 no shows...real sports forums have over 1200 with attendence OCD. What are we going to do about it?

Are you out of your mind? that game listed above had at least 36,823 butts in seats.

Well you have to figure, even tho its a friday its going to be PRIMETIME only game on with a 4-2 promising 'Cuse squad. I don't think there is anything better going on and good tickets are Selling over $100 bucks on craiglist, so I don't see too many "dead tickets." Could be wrong but I expect over 40,000 Maybe 42-43K. If we can get 33-34k for a good BB game, we.can get another 10k for a Prime time game which I think will be bigger then the Penn st game. Imo

I think it probably has more to do with concern over creating a unique, loud gameday atmosphere than it does focusing on the actual numbers. The silver bleachers stick out so much when they're empty because of the darkness of the dome and when people don't show up, it just seems to be that much more evident. We've all been there back in the day when the place was packed and it has the potential to get really crazy loud in there. Attendance leads to an energetic atmosphere and I do believe that energy carries over to the players on the field. Plus, a great gameday atmosphere can't hurt with recruits either.

Dyshawn nearly killed that Rutgers running back with 35K or whatever it was. Imagine what he would've done in front of a packed house. The SOB probably would've disintegrated. Who doesn't want to see that? I smell a new marketing campaign.

Most aren't sold. There are 6 in front of me that gave them up after last year and they didn't get sold. Been empty all year. Would not be surprised if season tix were down this year even tho people said otherwise.

Hard to understand - that such decent seats could be unsold.

A full season ticket to SU Football costs about as much as one or two Sixers or Flyers games.

Can you imagine what would happen if we did see 40,000 actual butts at the game? As in, the entire crowd moons the field at once? Oh the humanity.

40,000 CNY butts is the equivalent of 43,000 average a$$ss

I agree. But its because SU fans have a 2nd city mentality mindset. And people get consumed with this stuff and it eats them up. And also people think fans in seats means all of a sudden blue chip 5* recruits will be waiting in line to come here. Which it doesn't. WINNING is what brings in the big time recruits as well as having guys drafted that last week in April. Not the difference between 45,000 and 41,000 on a Friday night WV game. Or a Sat game vs Rutgers.

I never got why people get upset if people leave games early. How would someone else leaving effect my enjoyment of the game? Or if people aren't there, why would I let that effect my good time at the game. Never understood it and never will.

I agree. But its because SU fans have a 2nd city mentality mindset. And people get consumed with this stuff and it eats them up. And also people think fans in seats means all of a sudden blue chip 5* recruits will be waiting in line to come here. Which it doesn't. WINNING is what brings in the big time recruits as well as having guys drafted that last week in April. Not the difference between 45,000 and 41,000 on a Friday night WV game. Or a Sat game vs Rutgers.

I never got why people get upset if people leave games early. How would someone else leaving effect my enjoyment of the game? Or if people aren't there, why would I let that effect my good time at the game. Never understood it and never will.

I think its more of people being excited that the dome is going to be rocking again. Don't hate

My roommate had to get his season tickets fixed on his SU ID so I went along to the box office today. Pretty long line at lunch time of fans and students (with their families) buying tickets. At least 15-20 people deep and a steady stream of people coming through.

Judging by Syracuse Athe dept lackof last minute marketing I would imagine they are feeling pretty good about the attendance for the game tonight, I am owrthless at work right now. one drawback to these Friday night games

Chicken vs egg

You need an energetic fanbase and fairly full house as it sends a message to said (highly rated recruits) that they'll think if they come here it will be exciting to play in the Dome.

I know we have lost recruits to dead, half filled Domes. The coaches have said it.

You know as bad as GRob was P had 4 horrible blowout losses vs Vtech, WV, Purdue and Georgia Tech and I believe 3 of those were at home.

I'm shocked no one has replied to this yet. But this really isn't accurate. P's teams always played better at home. In fact, I can only remember two bad blowouts at home in all his years, 93 vs WVU (they were top 3 that year, we were a mess after the Conley injury with nothing behind him), and 02 vs. Miami (they were awesome, and it was our worst P year). You could throw in the 00 Miami game I guess, but it wasn't obscenely bad, we just didn't score.

VT only beat us in the Dome once, and it took a late 60 yard run by Vick to put it away.

All the blowouts (VTs, Purdue, Miami, GT) were for the most part away games, with GT being the neutral site.

That's why I thought 2010 was such an anti-P type year. We played so well on the road, and not so well at home. 4-0 conf road, 0-3 conf home, (0-4 if you include a peer BC program). Would never happen under Pasqualoni.