Bilas on Iowa | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bilas on Iowa

bbt_SimonHelberg_240x260_071320110527.jpg tricky dicky working his inner howard

So, do we add Minnesota to the "teams I want no part of come tourney time" list?

Looks to me like several of these "heavyweights" were overrated nationally from the onset.

I knew somebody would read between the lines.. exactly where I was going :)

Wisconsin lost to Carleton by 18, they were fools gold to begin with, but the biggest turd might be MSU. Reason being many think they are really good and they aren't, to me that is corn turd status.

Dear Jay,
We know that your ole alma mater Duke isn't doin' too good these days and Coach K knows that Laettner and Grant Hill aren't coming out of the locker room after the half, but jeeze Jay you are letting this whole Duke off year thing cloud your normally spot on judgement. If you think it's bad now just wait till your other pal Jimmy B puts a slap down on the Blew Devils.

Big ten is hard to read. Conference heavyweights beating eachother up

There is such a clear separation in the Big Ten. Six good teams and six teams with no shot at the tourney. Those six teams feast on the other six to ensure they finish over .500 in conference.

Iowa does get the shaft in the schedule. In the Big Ten you play 4 teams only once, 7 teams twice. Iowa plays the top 6 and Illinois twice, and 4 of the 5 worst teams in the league only once.

EDIT - It should be 5 good teams, Ohio St who will make the tourney, and 6 other teams with no shot. Forgot the turds they have left on the court this year.

Last edited:
When really good teams play really good teams, a really good team loses. Doesn't mean the losing team is no longer a really good team. The B1G acquitted themselves pretty well in OOC play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom