Bill Bradley can't help Carmelo | Syracusefan.com

Bill Bradley can't help Carmelo

Can you summarize what was said. My flat Apple product cannot stream the video. I'm sure it was something snarky if it was on Maher's show.

Brief snark:
Bradley, re: jeremy Lin: "All he needs is a team that moves without the ball..."
Maher: "Could you please mentor Carmelo Anthony a little?"'
Bradley: "...I've had difficult jobs in my life..."

People can mock Carmelo all they want, but when he and Durant put Team USA on their backs this summer, it'll be a different story. When K needs points in a crunch time situation, he won't have the King of Toledo on the floor. Carmelo is a scorer and does a great job with that role. He always excels in the international setting.

AKA Real Basketball.

I know I never post, and while I generally hate the sentiment of "this is how the game is meant to be played", it can't ring more true than when talking about nba vs. international basketball. at least in personal opinion. International play is a much prettier version of this sport. And I absolutely love the NBA. Can't wait for D Rose to come back around Christmas next year and lead the Bulls to another title. ;)

Yes, Bill Bradley would have as difficult a job mentoring Melo as I would in mentoring J.B. about how to coach basketball.

Bill wasn't slamming Melo last night. Melo is an offensive machine. Bill was just saying --- good luck changing that. I love Melo but a defender or a distributer he is not.

Who watches Bill Maher? I actually cancelled my HBO specifically because of him.

I watch every week. It's one of the shows I never miss along with Modern Family, Parks and Recreation and Impractical Jokers on TruTV.

I watch every week. It's one of the shows I never miss along with Modern Family, Parks and Recreation and Impractical Jokers on TruTV.

Yeah, he's great.

I'm not alone...believe me. The man is a vile human being. Enjoy.

While I am ideologically very close to Bill Maher, there's no denying that he's an arrogant a-hole. I enjoy his show because I think it contains genuinely intelligent discussion and debate.

People can mock Carmelo all they want, but when he and Durant put Team USA on their backs this summer, it'll be a different story. When K needs points in a crunch time situation, he won't have the King of Toledo on the floor. Carmelo is a scorer and does a great job with that role. He always excels in the international setting.

I am willing to bet a significant sum of money that if there are crunch time situations, Lebron will be on the floor.

But brings up an interesting point. Let's say they are playing Spain the gold medal game and it's close at the end. Who is on the floor? Let's say Chandler at C and Paul at the point. As far as I know Kobe is playing, right? Between Durant, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, and Melo (I guess) you can only play 3. Who do you pick?

I also gotta say, I really never heard much emphasis on the international game except for people using it to talk Melo up. He shot 42% in the olympics in 2008. That's even worse when you realize most of the players shot very well because, wait for it, most of the teams they play in the Olympics aren't very good.

I watched Bill's show a couple weeks ago for the first time in years. It amazes me that people think his non-funny crap is intelligent punditry. It's not even a left vs. right thing, I don't even care about that. His show, like Jon Stewart's criticisms of Crossfire, just drags down the entire debate no matter the issue. It's status quo dogma for those who think they're edgy and informed.

I like Modern Family too.

I watched Bill's show a couple weeks ago for the first time in years. It amazes me that people think his non-funny crap is intelligent punditry. It's not even a left vs. right thing, I don't even care about that. His show, like Jon Stewart's criticisms of Crossfire, just drags down the entire debate no matter the issue. It's status quo dogma for those who think they're edgy and informed.

But you are a Republican, right?

But you are a Republican, right?

Republican and Democrat are meaningless terms used to describe two groups that don't really give a about any of us. If you want to self identify with your oppressors , knock your self out, I hear Stockholm is nice this time of year.

I hear Stockholm is nice this time of year.

Sweden has one of, if not the highest, quality-of-life indexes in the world. So it's nice all year round.

Sweden has one of, if not the highest, quality-of-life indexes in the world. So it's nice all year round.

I've never been but it does sound nice. I would immigrate there but unfortunately I am not a very good chef so job prospects would be lacking.

Modern Family is very well done. The characters (even the children) all have some depth and are basically pretty likable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom