Just one thing I ask of you
Just one thing for me
Please forget you knew my name
My darling, Sugaree

Got two reasons why I cry away each lonely night

The first ones names sweet Ann Marie and she's my hearts delight

The second one is prison babe the sheriffs on my trail

And if he catches up with me I'll spend my life in jail

If you have not tripped your face off at a Grateful Dead Concert than you don't get Bill Walton.

That is pretty much it.

Squares.

(see when he talks I just go flashback and then the game is over and my puppies are unharmed)

At one point during the second half tonight, Walton was talking about NCAA seeds when he suddenly slightly changed the subject and blurted out, I know people who save seeds. Walton doesn't do typical sports announcing so his acidic play-by-play commentary must drive a lot of people nuts. But his extended raps that bounce from ying to yang and melt into a long forgotten musical memory or a wacked out sports reference sometimes crack me up. And the asides and comments he gets from Dave Pasch are hilarious.

I've watched a lot of college hoops blowouts this month and their PAC-12 commentary is always entertaining, especially during a one-sided game. Sunshine daydream....

Go Cuse!

Love Walton.
Agreed. Everyone likes to $#!^ on the color guy doing the broadcast as an idiot/dry/obvious, but Bill is just his weird self and a really unique addition to the call.

so this board can find pac12 games on tv, but cant find Syracuse ones????

walton is a mad genius.

Saw Bill Walton at a Phish show in San Diego 10-12 years ago, he was having a good time, doing a two step. I really like Walton. Unbelievable talent, his last run with the Celts was great too

Born in the fifties and being a Deadhead, I like Bills commentary
Its off the wall and when he makes a GD comment or reference it drives his partner crazy
Hes way better than Gus J who makes every play sound like you just won the NC

I HATED walton as a player though
He went thru hell with his back and I am glad he is back behind the mike

Goin down the road feeling bad....

OO44

Back in the early 80's on an early Sunday morning, I came out of a Dunkin' Donuts on East Fayette and South Warren when a limo drove up and stopped at the light and inside it were the Grateful Dead. I smiled and waved. They smiled and waved back. The light turned and off they went. My brush with fame.

you need to embellish that story a little bit. like after they smiled and waved they said "hey dude come inside and get high with us". so you got inside and smoked pot in a limo with the grateful dead. see how much better that is. you can even take it a little further and say after you were smoking for a few minutes you hear these moans in the back, you turn around and its bill walton and marcia from the brady bunch involved in sexual relations in the back of the limo!

bill-walton.jpg

you need to embellish that story a little bit. like after they smiled and waved they said "hey dude come inside and get high with us". so you got inside and smoked pot in a limo with the grateful dead. see how much better that is. you can even take it a little further and say after you were smoking for a few minutes you hear these moans in the back, you turn around and its bill walton and marcia from the brady bunch involved in s e x ual relations in the back of the limo!
Thanks. That does improve the story a lot.

One time at a furtherfest this spun out chick (who had her dad tagging along who was tripping but acting like a zombie weird) started following me around and telling me I looked like Bob Weir. She was nice, very good looking with huge bright eyes (may be attributed to my own mental state at the time) but I had to get my buds to distract her while I ditched. Strangeness.
You said buds...

You said buds...

Someone caught that. Double meaning my buddies puffed her up with buds while I disappeared and met up with me later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom