Bishop Grimes- OT | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bishop Grimes- OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knight crossed some lines and got what he deserved but one thing he never did was give every kid a trophy.
Amen brother. As I’ve always said, if you want to assault a police officer? Fine. You want to choke a player? Fine. You want to say that if rape is inevitable women should sit back and enjoy it? Fine. But giving out a participation trophy? Oh hell no. That is a bridge too far.

And you young guys will never realize how soft you are and how unprepared you are for the real world. I agree that profanity and putting kids down is uncalled for but accountability and discipline actually works and I welcome it from the coaches of my children.

Knight crossed some lines and got what he deserved but one thing he never did was give every kid a trophy.

One of the dumber posts I’ve read.

Nice

Not that it's right, do you guys remember the scene in "All The Right Moves" when Craig T. Nelson grabbed Tom Cruise by the facemask in practice, twisted his head, got in his grill and berated him while holding the golf club and made profane remarks about his Polish girlfriend? My JV football coach did that to me once (without the golf club and profane remarks), grabbed my facemask in practice and twisted my head and balled me out. At the time, I didn’t think twice about it and knew I deserved it. I don't think I ever made that mistake again, although I can't exactly remember the circumstances. I liked the coach then and now. He's pushing 80 now.

Last edited:
Not that it's right, do you guys remember the scene in "All The Right Moves" when Craig T. Nelson grabbed Tom Cruise by the facemask in practice, twisted his head, got in his grill and berated him while holding the golf club and made profane remarks about his Polish girlfriend? My JV football coach did that to me once (without the golf club and profane remarks), grabbed my facemask in practice and twisted my head and balled me out. At the time, I didn’t think twice about it and knew I deserved it. I don't think I ever made that mistake again, although I can't exactly remember the circumstances. I liked the coach then and now.
My football coach did the same thing to me. As for the rest of this, it is not acceptable for a adult coach to call a player a name. It just isn't. I don't know whether he had been talked to about his behavior before. That would be a key for me. If he hadn't, after 21 years, I think a suspension would have been good enough. If he had been, a dismissal is appropriate.

Let's also remember that this is a Catholic school and yelling out that word to a kid is not how we build healthy Catholic school culture that makes God known, loved, and served, and prepares our kids for college and Heaven.

This coach needed to be removed if he did call a kid that name. It is verbal abuse.

Let's also remember that this is a Catholic school and yelling out that word to a kid is not how we build healthy Catholic school culture that makes God known, loved, and served, and prepares our kids for college and Heaven.

This coach needed to be removed if he did call a kid that name. It is verbal abuse.
I'm Catholic and this is off topic but how does Minuteman Rick Pitino get hired by Catholic schools Iona and St. John's after all his personal and professional transgressions (hookers, strippers for recruits). The Catholic faith is built on forgiveness but that is ridiculous in my book. BTW, JB said the Johnnies would be "minimum a Top 25 team" this year. They're not sniffing the Top 25 and I hope they tank the rest of the year. Ricky better hit up the alumni for more NIL because SJU ain't goin' anywhere.

I'm Catholic and this is off topic but how does Minuteman Rick Pitino get hired by Catholic schools Iona and St. John's after all his personal and professional transgressions (hookers, strippers for recruits). The Catholic faith is built on forgiveness but that is ridiculous in my book.
Agreed.

Not that it's right, do you guys remember the scene in "All The Right Moves" when Craig T. Nelson grabbed Tom Cruise by the facemask in practice, twisted his head, got in his grill and berated him while holding the golf club and made profane remarks about his Polish girlfriend? My JV football coach did that to me once (without the golf club and profane remarks), grabbed my facemask in practice and twisted my head and balled me out. At the time, I didn’t think twice about it and knew I deserved it. I don't think I ever made that mistake again, although I can't exactly remember the circumstances. I liked the coach then and now. He's pushing 80 now.
HARD NOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.