Bishop Grimes- OT | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Bishop Grimes- OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you young guys will never realize how soft you are and how unprepared you are for the real world. I agree that profanity and putting kids down is uncalled for but accountability and discipline actually works and I welcome it from the coaches of my children.

Knight crossed some lines and got what he deserved but one thing he never did was give every kid a trophy.
In the real world, the ACTUAL real world as it is in 2024, the coach was fired. So who’s the unprepared one again?

Justin Long Movie GIF

I'm Catholic and this is off topic but how does Minuteman Rick Pitino get hired by Catholic schools Iona and St. John's after all his personal and professional transgressions (hookers, strippers for recruits). The Catholic faith is built on forgiveness but that is ridiculous in my book. BTW, JB said the Johnnies would be "minimum a Top 25 team" this year. They're not sniffing the Top 25 and I hope they tank the rest of the year. Ricky better hit up the alumni for more NIL because SJU ain't goin' anywhere.
Not sure any Catholic institution is flexing muscles on the moral high ground.

My mother used to bring me to Notre Dame HS games growing up just to see Mike Durr coach haha to this day she tells me that she is surprised that he lasted as long as he did

Notre Dame… that brings me back to dreading playing them in middle school haha. Lost by like 40 every time.

Is it that important that you would fire a coach? Being head coach of a section 3 class c(?) Team?
(Assuming the reports are correct, a suspension may have been warranted. Perhaps there were other incidents or personal conflicts.) Schools are cesspools of interpersonal dramas, and that doesn’t include the e students.

I'm Catholic and this is off topic but how does Minuteman Rick Pitino get hired by Catholic schools Iona and St. John's after all his personal and professional transgressions (hookers, strippers for recruits). The Catholic faith is built on forgiveness but that is ridiculous in my book. BTW, JB said the Johnnies would be "minimum a Top 25 team" this year. They're not sniffing the Top 25 and I hope they tank the rest of the year. Ricky better hit up the alumni for more NIL because SJU ain't goin' anywhere.

Catholic universities in the US were generally started by one of three groups - Jesuits, Franciscans, and Congregation of the Mission. All three of those groups have drifted over time into generally more liberal theology with universalist flavor (the idea everyone is ultimately saved). It’s not shocking Catholic universities being led by these groups today could hire a guy who aided and abetted an abortion and has never publicly repented, because within the theology they follow there’s no need to repent anyway since salvation is guaranteed.

Pitino getting hired at Iona and St John’s did lead to protests from alumni - but part of the problem is the Catholic alumni aren’t really aware Catholic universities are being led in 2023 by groups and men effectively in schism with the Catholic Church. The universities are Catholic-in-name-only.

Catholic universities in the US were generally started by one of three groups - Jesuits, Franciscans, and Congregation of the Mission. All three of those groups have drifted over time into generally more liberal theology with universalist flavor (the idea everyone is ultimately saved). It’s not shocking Catholic universities being led by these groups today could hire a guy who aided and abetted an abortion and has never publicly repented, because within the theology they follow there’s no need to repent anyway since salvation is guaranteed.

Pitino getting hired at Iona and St John’s did lead to protests from alumni - but part of the problem is the Catholic alumni aren’t really aware Catholic universities are being led in 2023 by groups and men effectively in schism with the Catholic Church. The universities are Catholic-in-name-only.
And Jesuits are the worst by far: Georgetown, Marquette, Gonzaga, BC. Had a meeting at Loyola in Chicago last year. In the mens room they had a tampon dispenser. St Ignatius rolled over in grave.

Amen brother. As I’ve always said, if you want to assault a police officer? Fine. You want to choke a player? Fine. You want to say that if rape is inevitable women should sit back and enjoy it? Fine. But giving out a participation trophy? Oh hell no. That is a bridge too far.

Great post.

Knight was a trash human being. Period.

Everyone was too much of a coward to ever say it.

Seems to me to be a play by the AD to let his daughter have the job next year.
Makes me wonder if it was a setup. Similar to Bob Knight's final transgression where the kid who said "what's up Knight" just happened to be the kid of one of Bob's biggest alumni critics.

Status
Not open for further replies.