BJ Johnson | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

BJ Johnson

No problem, glad to share about the progress that BJ is making. We will start working out 2-3 days a week at 6am as we did in the previous seasons to complete the schedule BB workouts along with the lifting.
good stuff , love the updates from someone in the know.

BJ made 1st All State but not POY. Like I said in earlier post they the voters got it wrong again. Ronde POY, please give me a EFFN break!!!!Like the kid but right is right. Oh I forgot he got selected to play in the mcd's game so that trumps anything that BJ did all season against him and the other so called star players in the state and out. This is some political Bull .:mad: I'm spoiled and BJ earned both the CHIP and POY and did not get it. The rest of the state other than Philly seems to have this fear of Chester for some reason. Being from SP I was never scared of them and never knew of them when I played. That being said WE WON THE STATES AND NOW ON TO THE CUSE. EFFM!!!!:mad:
LETS GO CUSE!!!!SUball

BJ made 1st All State but not POY. Like I said in earlier post they the voters got it wrong again. Ronde POY, please give me a EFFN break!!!!Like the kid but right is right. Oh I forgot he got selected to play in the mcd's game so that trumps anything that BJ did all season against him and the other so called star players in the state and out. This is some political Bull .:mad: I'm spoiled and BJ earned both the CHIP and POY and did not get it. The rest of the state other than Philly seems to have this fear of Chester for some reason. Being from SP I was never scared of them and never knew of them when I played. That being said WE WON THE STATES AND NOW ON TO THE CUSE. EFFM!!!!:mad:
LETS GO CUSE!!!!SUball
Deep breath dad. B.J. Will get his due at the next level. Still politics to worry about, but it's less predominant over the wider scope of college hoops (at least IMO). If anything, things would seem to be biased towards SU than the other way around...

If it makes you feel any better Ennis got stubbed from Mcd's and put up 52 points the next night. And Beast Roberson averaged something like 3 more rebounds and a block and a half more then anyone from NJ. No Biggie. :D

Deep breath dad. B.J. Will get his due at the next level. Still politics to worry about, but it's less predominant over the wider scope of college hoops (at least IMO). If anything, things would seem to be biased towards SU than the other way around...
All this does is to add fuel to the fire. BJ going to be fine and is only going to keep working to be the best he can be. Not worried about that. So what those idiots don't have the guts to make right call. I've come to realize one thing for sure that a lot of folks that talk basketball don't know a lot about the game. Most of the votes came from the mid to western pa in which we ran through so we were definitely not popular amongst the voters out there. The CHAMPS PARADE IS ON THE 14TH OF APRIL!!! GO ORANGE!!!SUball

If it makes you feel any better Ennis got stubbed from Mcd's and put up 52 points the next night. And Beast Roberson averaged something like 3 more rebounds and a block and a half more then anyone from NJ. No Biggie. :D
We will definitely have some ballers ready to go with a chip on their shoulder next season!! And that's a fact Jack!!! GO ORANGE!!!

Got in a 6am bb workout with BJ before school. Went well. He will lift this afternoon and shoot afterwards. Starting to put together a good workout schedule.

All this does is to add fuel to the fire. BJ going to be fine and is only going to keep working to be the best he can be. Not worried about that. So what those idiots don't have the guts to make right call. I've come to realize one thing for sure that a lot of folks that talk basketball don't know a lot about the game. Most of the votes came from the mid to western pa in which we ran through so we were definitely not popular amongst the voters out there. The CHAMPS PARADE IS ON THE 14TH OF APRIL!!! GO ORANGE!!!SUball
Wait... They do championship parades for HS sports now? Simply amazing. Not to say the kids shouldn't enjoy it since its there, but damn where was my parade when I won state titles in HS? Granted that was 6 years ago, and it wasn't basketball and it was NY, but still it was the only state title in my schools history.

LETS GO CUSE!!!!SUball
Sounds familiar: we had some kid named Carmelo lead us to a title. He was named FF MOP but somehow TJ Ford was named NCAA player of the year. The kid who won the title and should have been POY only went on to win two Olympic golds, consistently play in the NBA All Star game and revitalize the Knicks franchise.

Not bad. In the end, titles >>> individual awards (especially those decided by the press or some politically biased "committee")

Wait... They do championship parades for HS sports now? Simply amazing. Not to say the kids shouldn't enjoy it since its there, but damn where was my parade when I won state titles in HS? Granted that was 6 years ago, and it wasn't basketball and it was NY, but still it was the only state title in my schools history.
The situation at LM is very different for the BB team in the Ardmore area /LM township. They have a lot of support from the boosters club/parents. A great program for a public school. Oh, I forgot the generous support from some dude name Kobe. This will be my first parade as well. As a parent, this should be vey exciting and fun. They are closing down streets for the route as well as Suburban Sq. Mall for the procession. Its a big deal here.
states victory 2013.jpg

Sounds familiar: we had some kid named Carmelo lead us to a title. He was named FF MOP but somehow TJ Ford was named NCAA player of the year. The kid who won the title and should have been POY only went on to win two Olympic golds, consistently play in the NBA All Star game and revitalize the Knicks franchise.

Not bad. In the end, titles >>> individual awards (especially those decided by the press or some politically biased "committee")
" Exactamundo" BJ is going to be fine. Not going to worry about the politically incorrect folks.

Chip recap highlights
YES BJ!
YES Bobby!

Got that "Champion" song in mind, which brings me to my point.
Bobby, thank you for the GREAT MOJO going into the weekend. Inspires everyone who sees this.

LETS GO CUSE!!!!SUball

That's a problem with the rankings and selection for All-Star games in general. The reputation a kid makes during the summer AAU circuit is considered more important than what the kids do during their senior year. It's almost like the "experts" don't pay attention to the actual basketball season compared to AAU ball in the summer.

That's a problem with the rankings and selection for All-Star games in general. The reputation a kid makes during the summer AAU circuit is considered more important than what the kids do during their senior year. It's almost like the "experts" don't pay attention to the actual basketball season compared to AAU ball in the summer.

I definitely agree that there is not a lot of studying that goes into the process of getting it right especially when the summer and the high school season are joined at the hip for these players. You can have a great summer and hs season and the latter goes unlooked upon as they have a predetermination of who they are voting for before the time comes. Sad. Well off to coach my middle school team that I just started with. Should be very interesting.

BJ through the last 2wks has regained the weight he lost when he had the flu just before the playoffs started. He lost 8pds but is now 181pds after gaining 9pds in the last couple of weeks. Through the training with football team is really allowing him to add some size. I would imagine that he could be somewhere around 200pds by the time he gets to the CUSE in July.

BJ will get to play with Tyler in the Capital Classic on April 27th in DC/Virginia. BJ will also play in the Mary Kline Classic in Philly on June 2nd.
A nice head start on their chemistry class. :)

A nice head start on their chemistry class. :)
Yes indeed. It would be nice to see them on the floor together. I hope that the coaching staff recognizes that during the game.

BJ through the last 2wks has regained the weight he lost when he had the flu just before the playoffs started. He lost 8pds but is now 181pds after gaining 9pds in the last couple of weeks. Through the training with football team is really allowing him to add some size. I would imagine that he could be somewhere around 200pds by the time he gets to the CUSE in July.

I know personally after watching one of the games you posted I think BJ has a huge ceiling as a 2 if he can keep developing his handle and perimeter shot. I just really like the idea of him being a long, skilled, athletic 2 where him bulking up might not be as big an issue relative to playing underneath on the wing. Don't get me wrong tho I still think he'd be a real nice player as a 3 for us as well. Being somebody who has watched BJ develop over the years and seen him play more than anyone, what's your opinion on that and where you think his game might be best suited? Seeing how effective our zone was this past month with long athletes up top it'd be great for the program to be able to have BJ excel up there and also potentially help BJ on the next level with that size as a 2 guard in the league.

I know personally after watching one of the games you posted I think BJ has a huge ceiling as a 2 if he can keep developing his handle and perimeter shot. I just really like the idea of him being a long, skilled, athletic 2 where him bulking up might not be as big an issue relative to playing underneath on the wing. Don't get me wrong tho I still think he'd be a real nice player as a 3 for us as well. Being somebody who has watched BJ develop over the years and seen him play more than anyone, what's your opinion on that and where you think his game might be best suited? Seeing how effective our zone was this past month with long athletes up top it'd be great for the program to be able to have BJ excel up there and also potentially help BJ on the next level with that size as a 2 guard in the league.
I believe that BJ will be probably be more of a big 2 in college as well as in the league. But because BJ is still getting taller at only 17.5yrs old so he could benefit from being a better 2/3 combo player in college as well as in the league. He has skill set at this time which allows him to handle the rock, shoot and defend in a zone and man. I believe that you may see BJ develop into a rare do it all type of player from the 2-3 or pt. forward positions assisting the team that way as well by the time he is done at the CUSE. I say that because the kid has a high IQ, athleticism and skill set which continues to get better as we put in the work in the off season. Who knows BJ could be playing pt. PF by the time he's done similar to KD at 6'9. I don't know. But whatever size BJ gets too in the next year is beyond my knowledge. But I do know that SU will be getting one hell of a hoopster for yrs. to come.

I believe that BJ will be probably be more of a big 2 in college as well as in the league. But because BJ is still getting taller at only 17.5yrs old so he could benefit from being a better 2/3 combo player in college as well as in the league. He has skill set at this time which allows him to handle the rock, shoot and defend in a zone and man. I believe that you may see BJ develop into a rare do it all type of player from the 2-3 or pt. forward positions assisting the team that way as well by the time he is done at the CUSE.

Happened to stumble on this thread via google. So i want to give an unbiased perspective on BJ, as I have seen many of the Philadelphia recruits play in hs. BJ really improved from soph to sr, season at LM, but I think you overrate his handle a bit; I think he can only see action as a freshman at the 3. Oftentimes (and you can see it through the tape that OGBJ has posted,) when BJ tries to be the primary ball handler, he tends to get out of control and lose the ball, or put himself in a position to turn it over. I don't think he can get to the hoop at the ACC level. If he improves his handle, to the ACC level, he will be a force to be reckoned with on both ends due to his height and athleticism.

I just hope Mr. Johnson, that you and BJ are patient with the program, especially cuz Gbinje, Fair and Roberson are tough competition. Gbinje didn't transfer to get 0 tick.

Happened to stumble on this thread via google. So i want to give an unbiased perspective on BJ, as I have seen many of the Philadelphia recruits play in hs. BJ really improved from soph to sr, season at LM, but I think you overrate his handle a bit; I think he can only see action as a freshman at the 3. Oftentimes (and you can see it through the tape that OGBJ has posted,) when BJ tries to be the primary ball handler, he tends to get out of control and lose the ball, or put himself in a position to turn it over. I don't think he can get to the hoop at the ACC level. If he improves his handle, to the ACC level, he will be a force to be reckoned with on both ends due to his height and athleticism.

I just hope Mr. Johnson, that you and BJ are patient with the program, especially cuz Gbinje, Fair and Roberson are tough competition. Gbinje didn't transfer to get 0 tick.
BJ will only get better as a player and I believe that if the SU coaches stated that they have him playing 2 and 3 because of his abilities to handle the ball and make shots coming in next year then I'm going to go with their presumption.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom