BJ UPDATE | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

BJ UPDATE

Tee, I found out that he was feeling ill, trouble breathing due to congestion/dehydration during the game. Good for him that he was able to fight through it tonight. The good thing is that we got the win. And so did SU.
Highlights:
Men's Basketball Toughs Out 88-81 Win Over Duquesne
Makes sense thinking about it now. He was rested in these mini spurts especially towards the end. Probably catch his breath and hydrate like you mention he was struggling with.

Very impressive to prevail and still have a good game, knock down some late shots and FTs, and great to see his intangibles tonight making the extra play.

Makes sense thinking about it now. He was rested in these mini spurts especially towards the end. Probably catch his breath and hydrate like you mention he was struggling with.

Very impressive to prevail and still have a good game, knock down some late shots and FTs, and great to see his intangibles tonight making the extra play.
Part of his pregame routine is doing an hour workout prior to the team coming to the gym. He does this at home and on the road. The lack of hydration affected him in the first half to the point that he was foamin at the mouth. Me like a jackass was wondering why he was not playing well until I saw the attention from the medical staff/trainers. He truly left it on the floor for which I'm am now cutting apron strings. I was very encouraged by the will of BJ to give it his all and prevail by assisting his team in the win! The young man has grown and he understands the importance of caring for his body.

Part of his pregame routine is doing an hour workout prior to the team coming to the gym. He does this at home and on the road. The lack of hydration affected him in the first half to the point that he was foamin at the mouth. Me like a jackass was wondering why he was not playing well until I saw the attention from the medical staff/trainers. He truly left it on the floor for which I'm am now cutting apron strings. I was very encouraged by the will of BJ to give it his all and prevail by assisting his team in the win! The young man has grown and he understands the importance of caring for his body.
Yikes, scary! But glad he's ok and here's to more rest.

No one knows your body like yourself, unless you are too young to verbalize (that's what crying and screaming is for!) or really mentally challenged as an older person. Even then there are signs.

One thing I learned from years as a marathon runner: hydration isn't something you do the few hours before the event. It has to become the way you live. You are always hydrating, even on off days -- especially on off days -- while making sure to take in plenty of sports drinks to prevent washing electrolytes out of your system, which can be dangerous.

I'm sure BJ has access to staff trainers who know these things very well, but I pass this along for whatever it may be worth.

One thing I learned from years as a marathon runner: hydration isn't something you do the few hours before the event. It has to become the way you live. You are always hydrating, even on off days -- especially on off days -- while making sure to take in plenty of sports drinks to prevent washing electrolytes out of your system, which can be dangerous.

I'm sure BJ has access to staff trainers who know these things very well, but I pass this along for whatever it may be worth.

Plus foods like bananas, and salty snacks in moderation. And a good balance of carbs, whole grains when possible, protein and fat. Alcohol in moderation if BJs 21 now, other substances aren't my business.

Coconut water is great too but pricey for the average college kid. Maybe OG can pick up some 32oz containers for cheap at Coatco.

Plus foods like bananas, and salty snacks in moderation. And a good balance of carbs, whole grains when possible, protein and fat. Alcohol in moderation if BJs 21 now, other substances aren't my business.

Coconut water is great too but pricey for the average college kid. Maybe OG can pick up some 32oz containers for cheap at Coatco.

Plus beer, lots of beer. Or, at least I assume that's why they have beer tents after so many of those 5/10K events I run in.

Just watching a tape of the game now. LaSalle and BJ looked great vs GW today. He sat in the first half after picking up a couple of fouls but came back in and tore it up in the second half. He's got such a well-rounded offensive game.

GW has tyler cavanaugh and jaren sina, who I think we recruited at one time as well.

Just watching a tape of the game now. LaSalle and BJ looked great vs GW today. He sat in the first half after picking up a couple of fouls but came back in and tore it up in the second half. He's got such a well-rounded offensive game.

GW has tyler cavanaugh and jaren sina, who I think we recruited at one time as well.

GW also has Jordan Roland, a Westhill grad starting at guard for them.

not asking for a public comment, just want to plant a seed...

there's a lot of talk on the interwebs regarding BJ as one of the top 5th year candidates

should that really come to be, I hope a return to the home on the hill would be under consideration

please name 1 player that has ever transferred out of a D1 school.. then transferred out of sed new school.. to transfer back to their original school for a 5th year...its great the kid is having a heck of a season but my god people move on

please name 1 player that has ever transferred out of a D1 school.. then transferred out of sed new school.. to transfer back to their original school for a 5th year...its great the kid is having a heck of a season but my god people move on

none...yet

BJ is not coming back to Syracuse. He's killing it at LaSalle, a school that he genuinely seems happy at. Why would he come back to Cuse?

To prove that he was worth the scholarship he was given before.

I'd love to have the kid on this team, right now.

if he's happy there, then awesome! I hope for nothing less the the best for him.

IF he decides to transfer, I'd love to see him come home.