BJ UPDATE | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

BJ UPDATE

Men's Basketball Wins Triple-Overtime Thriller at Mercer, 98-96
BJ didn't shoot it at his normal 50+% (6-16), He did post career highs in Rebs (11) and minutes(52)!
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Glad to see him and the team playing well. Basketball is like relationships with women, timing is everything. Wish bj and cuse were together now!
Who could have known? Certainly not JB which is why I think both BJ and OGBJ don't really hold a grudge, the latter just likes to tease us a tad here this season. I'd probably do the same in his size whatevers.

Merry Christmas to both of you and all the family and friends, OGBJ20. And a very LUCRATIVE 2017, which I'm not sure might have happened if BJ was wearing Orange. But maybe. Perhaps he'd have been the spark to ignite all the tinder this season......

Who could have known? Certainly not JB which is why I think both BJ and OGBJ don't really hold a grudge, the latter just likes to tease us a tad here this season. I'd probably do the same in his size whatevers.

Merry Christmas to both of you and all the family and friends, OGBJ20. And a very LUCRATIVE 2017, which I'm not sure might have happened if BJ was wearing Orange. But maybe. Perhaps he'd have been the spark to ignite all the tinder this season...
I know. But no need to hold a grudge for what happened. It takes too much wasted time and energy to focused on the mishap. We simply turn sour oranges into freshly squeezed OJ. An obstacle that was not insurmountable and without plan B, C... Things happen for a reason and we accept that. And for that reason, I only post here for updates of BJ for those interested. I am known to be as mean as a barrel of snakes when need be but not in this case and certainly not at the expense of my son and his future. He is alive and kicking and getting knocked down isn't the problem, it is not getting back up and fighting harder to overcome that. We believe in getting All The Way Up! Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas. LGE-LGO...

Last edited:
I know. But no need to hold a grudge for what happened. It takes too much wasted time and energy to focused on the mishap. We simply turn sour oranges into freshly squeezed OJ. An obstacle that was not insurmountable and without plan B, C... Things happen for a reason and we accept that. And for that reason, I only post here for updates of BJ for those interested. I am known to be as mean as a barrel of snakes when need be but not in this case and certainly not at the expense of my son and his future. He is alive and kicking and getting knocked down isn't the problem, it is not getting back up and fighting harder to overcome that. We believe in getting All The Way Up! Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas. LGE-LGO...
Well said and Merry Christmas to you and your family. BJ is lucky in many ways and your being a solid father to him tops the list. He appears to be an obvious talent coming into his own at the right time. I enjoy all your updates and hope you keep us in the loop. Ty!

I understand the whole non-redshirting his frosh year after the Canada trip. But why did he not redshirt his sophomore year? It wasn't like he was going to play that much that year. I don't believe this has ever been fully answered. What is ever a consideration?

Sophomore Pookie Powell scored 23 points and junior B.J. Johnson recorded his second straight double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds for the La Salle men's basketball team, who dropped a 66-55 decision to Dayton in the Atlantic 10 opener for both teams on Friday. Upset over this loss even when Dayton tried handing us the game. We're are still working on some things over here.

Now your just makin us jealous like an ex!!!
No intention at all. Just informing and sharing with you'll. I'm still the worst critic of BJ and biggest fan, too. After all, I trained him from day one so I'm never gonna rub it in or do the I told you so thing. Not my MO. Besides we have some issues down this end that need to get resolved quickly.

BJ at it again. His play helping LaSalle extend their lead now, hosting Duquesne. Had a nice dive and layup on the left side, turned his back on the inbounder, and turned around to steal and get another possession, leading to an eventual 3 pointer. What I love to see is that even when he's not shooting lights out, still contributing to help the team win. On SNY 77 for me in NJ.

BJ at it again. His play helping LaSalle extend their lead now, hosting Duquesne. Had a nice dive and layup on the left side, turned his back on the inbounder, and turned around to steal and get another possession, leading to an eventual 3 pointer. What I love to see is that even when he's not shooting lights out, still contributing to help the team win. On SNY 77 for me in NJ.
Just had a steal and dunk to put Lasalle up by six with less then a minute remaining. Wish he was still wearing Orange!!

Oof just stole the ball guarding the top of the key, stepped into passing lane and coast to coast dunk, commentator says "with the jackhammer". It really was!

That pretty much sealed it and LaSalle held on to win. BJ had at least 17, 6, 2 steals and a block.

Tee, I found out that he was feeling ill, trouble breathing due to congestion/dehydration during the game. Good for him that he was able to fight through it tonight. The good thing is that we got the win. And so did SU.
Highlights:
Men's Basketball Toughs Out 88-81 Win Over Duquesne

Last edited:
Tee, I found out that he was feeling ill, trouble breathing due to congestion/dehydration during the game. Good for him that he was able to fight through it tonight. The good thing is that we got the win. And so did SU.
Highlights:
Men's Basketball Toughs Out 88-81 Win Over Duquesne
Tell him to REST OGBJ20 and drink lots of Gatorade and also Tang for the Vitamin C

You can buy them by the canister, that is powder, at Amazon but also maybe Costco. The Gatorade Arctic Frost, blue color, is decent as is the guava pineapple Tang.

I was hospitalized twice in four days for dehydration last month so I know of what I speak.

Also eat salty snacks if he feels like it. Salt is necessary to combat dehydration