Black | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Black

Either Jesse or Bacot or both of them are going to try to do too much and get in early foul trouble. Each of them want to prove they're the best center in the league. The key might be keeping Jesse's fouls low and getting UNC in foul trouble.
Bacot has no skill. He’s just a physical force that picks up boards and buckets as bodies bounce off him. Unfortunately, that’s a terrible match up against us

Bacot has no skill. He’s just a physical force that picks up boards and buckets as bodies bounce off him. Unfortunately, that’s a terrible match up against us
I suggest we have JBA and Hima "bounce" off him for a couple of minutes each to see if we can pick up some fouls on Bacot

I disagree. Leaky Black's role is to lock down the other team's best offensive weapon. He plays his role well. He's not out there to score 20 ppg. UNC needs him. Also, UNC isn't very deep so losing anyone hurts them a lot. Doesn't matter though -- he was ejected last game so he'll play tomorrow.

He'll be on Joe. All 6-8 of him.

Hot take -- If Hima was born in a place that prioritized basketball and he started playing young, he'd be one of the best Bigs in the country. I think we see him make massive strides over the next couple of years.
I definitely think the first part of your post is a hot take, who knows what could have happened.

The second is almost a foregone conclusion... He'll be a monster on defense immediately, and hopefully be good on offense after a year or two, beyond dunking when given the chance.

Hot take -- If Hima was born in a place that prioritized basketball and he started playing young, he'd be one of the best Bigs in the country. I think we see him make massive strides over the next couple of years.
What's stopping him from making those strides himself? Can only get by being tall for so long. If there isn't a center coming in next season, he and Carey will have to hold down the spot.

He'll be on Joe. All 6-8 of him.
That will likely take him out of the paint most of the time, and he is one of their better rebounders. It may benefit SU more than UNC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom