Blah, blah, blah... | Syracusefan.com

Blah, blah, blah...

suloyalfan

2nd String
Where is the Big East's statement about the pass interference call they blew in the end zone where the DB tackled Alec Lemon before the pass got there on 3rd down? That blown call cost Syracuse the chance for a touchdown and they had to settle for a field goal... where it the outrage????

I get it, I feel bad that the win is "tainted" because of the blown extra point... but it's not like SU didn't deserve to win the game. There are lots of calls and plays through a whole game that impact the final outcome... not just plays at the end.

Toledo could have still won the game... they had time to go for a touchdown, but played it relatively safe at the end and seemed to play for the field goal. Then they turned around and threw an interception on the first play of overtime. They didn't make the plays they needed to with the game on the line... Syracuse did.

Where is the Big East's statement about the pass interference call they blew in the end zone where the DB tackled Alec Lemon before the pass got there on 3rd down? That blown call cost Syracuse the chance for a touchdown and they had to settle for a field goal... where it the outrage????

I get it, I feel bad that the win is "tainted" because of the blown extra point... but it's not like SU didn't deserve to win the game. There are lots of calls and plays through a whole game that impact the final outcome... not just plays at the end.

Toledo could have still won the game... they had time to go for a touchdown, but played it relatively safe at the end and seemed to play for the field goal. Then they turned around and threw an interception on the first play of overtime. They didn't make the plays they needed to with the game on the line... Syracuse did.

Very well said. I'm curious about why the few fans who don't want this win and say we lost don't use their same arguments about that PI.

I agree with you here...two-three pass interference calls were blatant but missed, Bailey's helmet was ripped off his head, and instead of 3, we probably get 7, not to mention another block in the back missed on that 40-yard return leading to a Toledo td..

Most amusing of all on that return, although the refs did call a block in the back, the last guy beat down the field was blocked in the back in front of the cameras. I was surprised the commentators didn't pick up on that one as well. It seemed their whole team blocked SU n the back ;)

Very well said. I'm curious about why the few fans who don't want this win and say we lost don't use their same arguments about that PI.

The missed extra point is an objective call (it either went in or it didn't), and the pass interference is subjective. Two different types of decisions.

But, I still want the win, and no one will remember this controversy in a week.

The missed extra point is an objective call (it either went in or it didn't), and the pass interference is subjective. Two different types of decisions.

Right, and the personal foul on Bailey was objective ... NEXT!

While it is true one is subjective while the other is objective in the strictest form, they were both blatant.

Part of every game are the breaks. There were lots of plays and calls that went one way or the other. You make some breaks and others fall the way they do. We won the game played on the field. That's the one that counts and we're 3-1. I feel very pleased and fortunate. "Just win, baby".

Most amusing of all on that return, although the refs did call a block in the back, the last guy beat down the field was blocked in the back in front of the cameras. I was surprised the commentators didn't pick up on that one as well. It seemed their whole team blocked SU n the back ;)
They did call one block in the back leading to a td, but they missed another block in the back that gave Paige or the other return guy a 40-yard return putting them close to the 50 and leading to a Toledo td...it was so clear as day and far worse than the block in the back with the 94-yard return.

While it is true one is subjective while the other is objective in the strictest form, they were both blatant.

Right... I went home after the game and watched the recording and the announcers were shocked that the pass interference wasn't called. This was a big play in the game in my opinion. The pass interference was obvious when it happened watching it live (and I was at the other end of the field in my seat), and it was obvious on the video replay. There were 2 officials bracketing the play in the endzone, and both of them apparently had their eyes closed. Probably the same 2 officials standing under the goal posts who couldn't do one simple little thing like looking straight up the goal posts and watching the ball either pass inside or outside of the post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom