Blake Griffin all over again? | Syracusefan.com

Blake Griffin all over again?

Syracuse44

Walk On
Anyone else concerned that Sullinger is going to have a game much like Griffin had against us 4 years ago in the tournament? As I recall, Griffin was unstoppable that day, getting all the rebounds that came his way, throwing down monster dunks, and killing us inside. Sullinger may not be as athletic, but he's a polished big man, and we don't have anyone at the center position that can even come close to defending him on the block. Hoping Christmas/Keita can play tough though.. Thoughts?

This team is 1000000x better than that team. Also, Griffin and Sullinger aren't even on the same planet athletic-wise.

So to answer your question, no.

Anyone else concerned that Sullinger is going to have a game much like Griffin had against us 4 years ago in the tournament? As I recall, Griffin was unstoppable that day, getting all the rebounds that came his way, throwing down monster dunks, and killing us inside. Sullinger may not be as athletic, but he's a polished big man, and we don't have anyone at the center position that can even come close to defending him on the block. Hoping Christmas/Keita can play tough though.. Thoughts?

Sullinger might kill us..but it wont be in close. If he kills us it will be on sweetney shots from the free throw line. i would graciously invite him to shoot the free throw jumper and hope he makes only about 1/2 because he will be far enough away from the hoop to limit his offense rebounding ability.

another thing you have to realize is that in no way does he have anywhere near the *****tard strength of Griffin

Sullinger right now is not close to Blake Griffin...he'll get his 15/10 but I think we can work with that.

Sullinger might kill us..but it wont be in close. If he kills us it will be on sweetney shots from the free throw line. i would graciously invite him to shoot the free throw jumper and hope he makes only about 1/2 because he will be far enough away from the hoop to limit his offense rebounding ability.

another thing you have to realize is that in now way does he have anywhere near the *****tard strength of Griffin
I'd guess Thomas sees more time at the foul line than Sully does (although all I'm sure they'll alternate)

Also, in that OU game they went off from 3, taht killed us more than Blake did

Griffin was awesome...but it was Crocker who gave us the knockout punches.

If Sulli has 20-10, I'll take it as long as their shooters don't go off.

Griffin was awesome...but it was Crocker who gave us the knockout punches.

If Sulli has 20-10, I'll take it as long as their shooters don't go off.
This seems to be the consensus from what I'm reading on the board today. Let Sullinger get his, worry about Buford/Thomas. OSU does NOT have a lot of scorers, if Buford OR Thomas don't show up, we should be ok. Craft is a terrific player, but not much of a scoring threat.

This seems to be the consensus from what I'm reading on the board today. Let Sullinger get his, worry about Buford/Thomas. OSU does NOT have a lot of scorers, if Buford OR Thomas don't show up, we should be ok. Craft is a terrific player, but not much of a scoring threat.
If Buford goes off, we're in trouble. Thomas has been a scoring machine recently.

If Buford goes off, we're in trouble. Thomas has been a scoring machine recently.
I have no doubt that if all 3 are on their game we'll have to play extremely well offensively to have a shot. The scary thing is they can put Buford on the perimeter, Thomas at the foul line, and Sullinger on the block and just kind of go to work.

I haven't watched OSU a whole lot this year, so I'm not sure if Sullinger is prone to foul trouble, but I'ld love to attack him early and often and try to get him on the bench. When he's out we can really cheat up on Buford and Thomas.

there is an unbelievably vast difference between the player Blake Griffin is, and the player Sullinger is. Griffin is a freak above the rim player. Also, we are a much better defensive team.

buckeyes have 7 losses this season . they're far far far far far far far from invincible.

I can't believe you people. We have been ranked 1 or 2 for week after week and you think because melo is gone we have to have the stars align to beat these guys? They art the ones that should be concerned. They should be worried about our traps, the athleticism and length of our zone, and how they are going to stop our guards.

I can't believe you people. We have been ranked 1 or 2 for week after week and you think because melo is gone we have to have the stars align to beat these guys? They art the ones that should be concerned. They should be worried about our traps, the athleticism and length of our zone, and how they are going to stop our guards.

That's not what this thread is about.

If you want to start that thread, start it.

Perhaps you should re-read many of the posts before you tell me what this thread has been about.

Perhaps you should re-read many of the posts before you tell me what this thread has been about.

The thread is questioning if Sullinger will be like Blake Griffin #2. Then there's comments about how their shooters will be the actual key.

Then you chime in with WHAT ABOUT OUR PLAYERS!!! THEY SHOULD WORRY ABOUT US!!

I don't think anyone disagrees.

That's not what the thread was about.

I have no doubt that if all 3 are on their game we'll have to play extremely well offensively to have a shot. The scary thing is they can put Buford on the perimeter, Thomas at the foul line, and Sullinger on the block and just kind of go to work.

I haven't watched OSU a whole lot this year, so I'm not sure if Sullinger is prone to foul trouble, but I'ld love to attack him early and often and try to get him on the bench. When he's out we can really cheat up on Buford and Thomas.
He has been in foul trouble the games I have seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom