Blatant Attention-Seeking OT Post | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Blatant Attention-Seeking OT Post

Congratulations to you and your daughter. I read the tweet OX posted and spent a little extra time reviewing it, wondering what in the world was a girl from California doing attending Syracuse? Will she be the Mike Hopkins of women ‘s soccer?

I don’t know 1% of what cto does but this is like the 10th story I have heard about her helping to get a deserving student into Syracuse. I can’t imagine all the people she has helped; all the lives she has change and the massive overall impact she has made on so many, almost all total strangers.

There are a lot of stereotypes of people who are well off...how they only care about themselves, have no empathy, have lost touch with the common people. That might be the case with some but not with her. Wow! What a great person and a great asset for Syracuse University! Well done cto! And again, congrats to you and your amazing daughter Phillymoose!
Tom, you are making me blush...and I don't look good in red. But sincere thanks for the kind words. It (sadly) doesn't always work out, but I am so happy for the kids when it does.

OrangeXtreme does an amazing job of populating the less-traveled forums with content updates but I am pulling this one out and dropping it front and center.

I have been a part of this community forever. I won't credential too much, but I was around when BK (Rob Konrad's father) was a regular poster, was at the Sheraton for some hilarious board gatherings/shenanigans, been on one of the early golf-outings with Tom and Dan, once rode THE train from Armory to the Dome with TexanMark, bumped into UEO once at a bar on (where else?) the upper east side, own a Big 12 Champs t-shirt, lost a bet to Stevenson on the FIRST Eagles/Pats Superbowl, and will still argue that Superpurplecat was the best visitor/poster this community has ever had. I love being a part of this community, even though I don't post that often. (That goes for you, too, Supp - with whom I 'disagree' with sometimes on the OT board.)

It is therefore with heart-in-the-throat pride and gratitude (specifically to CTO without whom this would not have happened) that I post the tweet above referencing my daughter's signing to play soccer at Syracuse. I promise to take all further conversation to the Olympic and Women's board where it belongs - but I simply could not resist.

Thank you for indulging me!!

David. And yes, I do now live in Santa Monica. And, yes, while she spent the first 8 years of her life in NYC, she has pretty much no idea what she's in for weather-wise. ;)

I remember our board conversations from 6 years ago when your daughter had just transitioned over to Real So Cal at U-13.

Congratulations to her and you!!!!

ACC is a great soccer conference...

OrangeXtreme does an amazing job of populating the less-traveled forums with content updates but I am pulling this one out and dropping it front and center.

I have been a part of this community forever. I won't credential too much, but I was around when BK (Rob Konrad's father) was a regular poster, was at the Sheraton for some hilarious board gatherings/shenanigans, been on one of the early golf-outings with Tom and Dan, once rode THE train from Armory to the Dome with TexanMark, bumped into UEO once at a bar on (where else?) the upper east side, own a Big 12 Champs t-shirt, lost a bet to Stevenson on the FIRST Eagles/Pats Superbowl, and will still argue that Superpurplecat was the best visitor/poster this community has ever had. I love being a part of this community, even though I don't post that often. (That goes for you, too, Supp - with whom I 'disagree' with sometimes on the OT board.)

It is therefore with heart-in-the-throat pride and gratitude (specifically to CTO without whom this would not have happened) that I post the tweet above referencing my daughter's signing to play soccer at Syracuse. I promise to take all further conversation to the Olympic and Women's board where it belongs - but I simply could not resist.

David. And yes, I do now live in Santa Monica. And, yes, while she spent the first 8 years of her life in NYC, she has pretty much no idea what she's in for weather-wise. ;)
Congrats. You wouldn’t happen to have a 7’-1” son that plays center that you can also send our way?

I remember our board conversations from 6 years ago when your daughter had just transitioned over to Real So Cal at U-13.

Congratulations to her and you!!!!

ACC is a great soccer conference...

Yep - and her club journey in SoCal has been quite interesting and potentially instructive for those navigating that particular underworld. Would be interested to hear how many board members have kids playing club soccer, but need to take it off the hoops board..!

Yep - and her club journey in SoCal has been quite interesting and potentially instructive for those navigating that particular underworld. Would be interested to hear how many board members have kids playing club soccer, but need to take it off the hoops board..!
I have a good friend and co-worker on this end who I’d love to connect to such a conversation.

Congrats!

And what did I win on the bet? Two tickets to Steigelfest?

That is not a place you'd like to visit!

I seem to remember it was alcohol related but we never met- and the debt was never paid.
In my mind, we went double or nothing in 2018 so we are now even.

i am 8 months and a day late... but this is awesome!! congrats!!

That is not a place you'd like to visit!

I seem to remember it was alcohol related but we never met- and the debt was never paid.
In my mind, we went double or nothing in 2018 so we are now even.
So we owe each other beers. Excellent and congrats on raising an outstanding daughter. You should be very proud. Let’s Go Orange!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom