Blind test: rank these five teams | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Blind test: rank these five teams

Doesn’t KenPom have our SOS at 43 and NCSOS at 172?

That's kind of my point. There are so many numbers and criteria that I could ask ten people to rank these teams not only using this criteria but the others as well, and I could get ten different rankings. It's all how a person interprets the data. It's a crap shoot. Might as well flip a coin.

Agreed. You proved your point.

That site looks as if it makes some attempt to factor home/away into its SOS. That's how Texas Southern (who played all its NC games on the road, and lost all of them) gets to be #1 in your rankings. ;)
Perfect, happy to be wrong on this.

How the heck does St.Mary’s only have 7 quad 1 games total and they are even in serious discussion.
When they are 4-3 in those games as well.

My god the committee needs to send a message to Bennett. Play a harder schedule in the nonconference or your out.

How is this even a discussion then? We should be in with ease.
It’s really the fact we lost a lot of games against bad conference teams IMO.
We should have beaten ND, Wake, GT and we are safely in.

It’s really the fact we lost a lot of games against bad conference teams IMO.
We should have beaten ND, Wake, GT and we are safely in.
I hear you. Such a silly reason, though, when this happens to a lot of teams. And those were all close games. While, I don’t think there should be a great emphasis on style points (blowout wins), close losses should be taken into consideration somewhat. Like I’ve been saying for the past several weeks, we’re a few bounces away from being Clemson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom