Boatright's Post-Game comments | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boatright's Post-Game comments

Or maybe, as Boatright eluded to just prior to his final comments, SU winning 3 consecutive prior to this (straight from the horse's mouth) has even a worse taste. Just like that old tune '2 out of 3 ain't bad'...winning the last 3 out of 4 ain't bad either. :)

Look, let them have their moment. For a program at UConn's level to beat a Syracuse is a legendary moment for them. They have always looking up to the Cuse and will do so going forward. They may never play a Top 10 team at home again ever. Their only shot at teams like Syracuse after this year will be in guarantee games at the big program's place.
let us have our moment? we have more Big East championships and more National championships. And you guys blocked us from joining the ACC. We are still joining if we want to . How lame and pathetic Syracuse fans are. Your team may be one of the worst NCAA tourney teams of all time for a big program.

Or maybe, as Boatright eluded to just prior to his final comments, SU winning 3 consecutive prior to this (straight from the horse's mouth) has even a worse taste. Just like that old tune '2 out of 3 ain't bad'...winning the last 3 out of 4 ain't bad either. :)
he was alluding to we have wone 3 of the last 13 National Championships .. you guys are delusional

Considering he attends a "university" where a recent player graduated without having ever read a book, I'm guessing not.
why don't you spell Boatright right first before you talk

Who cares. This was his biggest win college since he's been at UConn. We have bigger fishes to fry than beating an unranked team who's banned from postseason play. Next please.
bigger fishes to fry? you guys usually get cooked in the first round of the NCAA.. cannot wait to root for the teams that play you

he was alluding to we have wone 3 of the last 13 National Championships .. you guys are delusional

Your statement may be correct (though I think you meant won vs. wone...maybe a UConn thing) however, it certainly wasn't what he was refering to last night.

Yeah, and they will never be convinced that the war is over. And they lost.
that is funny since Syracuse blocked us from going to the ACC but here we come...you watch. WE are right behind you. Who knew old 4 eyes would be the third best coach in this rivalry after last night!

Your statement may be correct (though I think you meant won vs. wone...maybe a UConn thing) however, it certainly wasn't what he was refering to last night.
it that your big comeback? oooooohhhhhh typical Cuse

To the winners go the spoils. Whatever. Let them have their moment. We played like crud. We deserved to lose.
wow. I did not think a fan up in that weird part of NY had a fan like this one.

We are still joining if we want to

You are? Funny I must have missed that part.

Here is the deal with SU/Uconn. We were a better program from birth until 1990. They have had more success since then. I dont think that is debatable. Head to head its been pretty even where each program has won big games against each other. Bottom line is we both have played in 3 title games. They obviously won 3 and we won 1. Does that make them a FAR superior program? I never got that. Had we played Geo Tech and Butler as opposed to Kentucky and Indiana maybe we have 3. We have knocked on that door as many times as they have. We just havent gone through it as many times but we have been there.

The thing that cracks me up about Uconn fans are they will piss and moan about us joining the ACC and F them and they will be the league doormat, etc etc etc. However if an invite to the ACC ever comes over (or the B1G or the SEC or the freaking Mountain West for that matter) and they get out of the disaster train wreck that the BE going forward is going to be in they would all be doing a board circle jerk. The jealousy of where we are going to where they will be is what makes me crack up. Keep your 3 titles. Obviously it doesnt hold much weight if noone comes calling.

With this game carrying, on some levels, a similar "end of an era" significance, is it fair for me, someone born in 1988, to consider Boatright's post game comment of "Syracuse is going to leave the Big East with a bad case of UConn in they mouths" to be my generation's "Manley Field House is officially closed"?

Watching UConn players gather around Ollie at center court after the game was a bit much...I was waiting for them to bring out the ladders & cut the nets down.
good way to misrepresent the moment. They were together as a team. A team that does not deserve the one year ban. We beat you with our best players going pro and 3 players transferring. Do you get it? you guys played like you play in the NCAA's last night... one last time 3 of the last 13 NATIONAL Championships!! we will see you in the ACC!!

You are? Funny I must have missed that part.

Here is the deal with SU/Uconn. We were a better program from birth until 1990. They have had more success since then. I dont think that is debatable. Head to head its been pretty even where each program has won big games against each other. Bottom line is we both have played in 3 title games. They obviously won 3 and we won 1. Does that make them a FAR superior program? I never got that. Had we played Geo Tech and Butler as opposed to Kentucky and Indiana maybe we have 3. We have knocked on that door as many times as they have. We just havent gone through it as many times but we have been there.

The thing that cracks me up about Uconn fans are they will piss and moan about us joining the ACC and F them and they will be the league doormat, etc etc etc. However if an invite to the ACC ever comes over (or the B1G or the SEC or the freaking Mountain West for that matter) and they get out of the disaster train wreck that the BE going forward is going to be in they would all be doing a board circle jerk. The jealousy of where we are going to where they will be is what makes me crack up. Keep your 3 titles. Obviously it doesnt hold much weight if noone comes calling.
wait. You are complaining about who you played in the NCAA when you get knocked out in the first round every year...baaaaahhahahahahh

it that your big comeback? oooooohhhhhh typical Cuse

My comeback was reiterating what Boatright said (again straight from the horse's mouth) that they, meaning SU, had won three straight prior to last night's game. For what it's worth though, if you are going to comment in this thread about someone spelling your boy's name incorrectly, you should practice what you preach.

if you could only spell Boatright right I would say you may have read one book somewhere.
Kemba Walker graduated in 3 years. As a Knick fan have you heard Carmelo Anthony talk. Did he even attend a class in one year. Lord.

My comeback was reiterating what Boatright said (again straight from the horse's mouth) that they, meaning SU, had won three straight prior to last night's game. For what it's worth though, if you are going to comment in this thread about someone spelling your boy's name incorrectly, you should practice what you preach.
typical Cuse.

that is funny since Syracuse blocked us from going to the ACC but here we come...you watch. WE are right behind you. Who knew old 4 eyes would be the third best coach in this rivalry after last night!

Why are you here? You're obviously a misinformed fan boy who is butt hurt despite the fact that your team won last night. Why come running to the Syracuse message board for vindication on things you seem to belive as fact?

UConn stopped UConn from going to the ACC when they tried to sue BC and the ACC. Not sure where you get the idea that Syracuse has had anything to do with it being we aren't even officially in the ACC for another 3 1/2 months.

wait. You are complaining about who you played in the NCAA when you get knocked out in the first round every year...baaaaahhahahahahh

Every year? Again must have missed that part. My point is proven just given the fact that you are here trying to defend your teams situation on not having a real home next year. Deep down it is killing you and every other Uconn fan whether you want to admit it or not.

Why are you here? You're obviously a misinformed fan boy who is butt hurt despite the fact that your team won last night. Why come running to the Syracuse message board for vindication on things you seem to belive as fact?

UConn stopped UConn from going to the ACC when they tried to sue BC and the ACC. Not sure where you get the idea that Syracuse has had anything to do with it being we aren't even officially in the ACC for another 3 1/2 months.

Because he is 15.

I literally laughed out loud at this one. Solid public speaking. Patrick Ewing circa 1982

Or that master mangler of the English language, Georgetown's Reggie Williams, holder of the World's record of 200 "ahh You Know's" in a single interview.

I watched one Reggie Williams interview in the company of three Georgetown alumni who were ashen faced at the end of it. They were stunned.

You're forgetting one thing though, back in '03, relative to the aforementioned suit, he had only grown his first pubic hair.

Cracks me up. They have the Ray Finkle syndrome going on over there. Blaming everyone else for their ineptitude while screaming "the laces were out"!