Bob Chesney | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Bob Chesney

They aren’t raising ticket prices 300%. People need to stop passing along that lie.
Exactly, my rep told me some sections (upper deck corners and end zones) might not even see an increase.

Is it just me, or are we rapidly approaching the point where it becomes clear that either they aren't that impressed by Chesney or he turned them down? If there isn't an announcement by tomorrow, it sure feels like the search is resetting or widening.

Even if Mullen was the #1 and they couldn't get it done, if they were sold on Chesney as their second choice, you'd think that would get done within a couple days if he wanted the job.

This is only true to a certain point. You think you’re going to outcoach 5 stars consistently with 2/3 star talent?

How many teams do we have full of 4-5 star talent in a given season? 2-3 games?

Is it just me, or are we rapidly approaching the point where it becomes clear that either they aren't that impressed by Chesney or he turned them down? If there isn't an announcement by tomorrow, it sure feels like the search is resetting or widening.

Even if Mullen was the #1 and they couldn't get it done, if they were sold on Chesney as their second choice, you'd think that would get done within a couple days if he wanted the job.
It's weird how quiet things are today.

A lot of people in here without a lot of business experience it seems like. Which is fine, other than commenting as if they've got years of experience and jumping to conclusions about every little thing.

It's weird how quiet things are today.
Between that and Mullen ending the speculation at 11:57pm, it feels like he was their choice, someone imposed a midnight deadline, and it couldn't get done... And maybe they soured on Chesney or vice versa along the way, and they're kind of back to square one. Pure speculation on my part, to be clear, but extended radio silence with no real rumors popping up feels like a bad sign.

Not gonna lie... I was expecting Chesney to be unveiled today.

I couldn't be more against hiring this guy. He might be a great football coach but he has never recruited at this level and he has never coached against guys at this level.
Get the concern but though Holy Cross plays a few P5 teams each year and gave them decent games?

Is this guy credible? He's reported Wildhack and others were in Chicago and also that Chesney was in Syracuse all weekend. Theoretically possible but somewhat contradictory.

Haven’t we announced football coaches at bball halftime before? At least once I remember.
I remember Marrone for sure but that was leaked before hand. I am not a media savvy guy but when is the most eyeballs:interest for a leak of this magnitude to get the attention of ESPN and the likes? I wonder if an AD would know of such thing that may have worked in the industry????

oh ffs we are always at that one perilous moment, we're on the precipice at all times

meanwhile we're right where we were in 2004
1 more chance to make the BIG 2/3 conferences, we're not doing it so far

50bac314d184c754d662bb8c60ebd3d1.jpg

Waiting for the white smoke to rise above the Dome and high above the city and enjoying my popcorn.

Some of you are very entertaining.

I remember Marrone for sure but that was leaked before hand. I am not a media savvy guy but when is the most eyeballs:interest for a leak of this magnitude to get the attention of ESPN and the likes? I wonder if an AD would know of such thing that may have worked in the industry????

I thought Marrone had his press conference first.

Then spoke to the crowd at halftime of the next basketball game.

Haven’t we announced football coaches at bball halftime before? At least once I remember.
Pretty sure coaches were introduced at the bball games, not announced. I still remember Marrone getting the crowd hyped when he was introduced.

The news that Dick MacPherson was hired came out during, or just before an SU basketball game. I was a student. Was sitting next to the 'normal' fans and heard a couple of them talking.

'Did you hear they hired a new football coach? They just announced it.'

'No. Who is it?'

'Some guy I never heard of. I think his name is Dick. Linebacker coach for the Browns.'

I don't remember who was discussed as a candidate for the job back in 1980. There were surely some newspaper articles about it.

I know I had never heard of Dick MacPherson until that day. I was initially really disappointed. I think Floyd Little wanted the job and campaigned for it. Was hoping for him or at least someone I had heard of before.

Don't remember anyone else being discussed though I am sure there were other candidates.

Dick of course ended up doing a terrific job (after a slow start). In retrospect, one wonders what would have happened had Tom Coughlin been given a chance. It is a shame he never got a shot at being the SU head coach.

Timing in everything in life.

Are you calling an announcement at the LSU game Bees??

Not calling anything. Just pointing out coincidences. We do play tomorrow night vs LSU and if an announcement is coming Tuesday or Wednesday I can see it tomorrow night at halftime like we did with Marrone. But again, it’s just piecing together coincidences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom