Bob Chesney | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Bob Chesney

There’s also multiple posters there saying they hate Syracuse and how we’re (the fans) insufferable. What did we ever do to Holy Cross? (Besides take their beloved HC in a couple days of course:cool:)
Some guy who seemed high on the butthurt meter mentioned something about Benny or something. I have no clue what he was referencing.

Can someone give me a TED talk on how Macpherson recruited at Syracuse. To me he's the comparison to a Chesney hire. A dynamic, high energy guy, who knows the back woods of New England/Tri State.

How did Mac build out that first staff, how did the recruiting look out of the gates etc. I know he ran into a rough period early on but did he do something to get recruiting going.

Like I said upthread somewhere, the deconstruction of what we've done wrong and what others have done right in the northeast is paramount to this program. What can we do better with our limitations. What are our assets because they do exist (the 300 miles away from alot of places, etc).

Real good amount of in-state talent in those days, guys like Moore, Gedney, Donnie Mac, Green, etc etc...

Sorry in advance, links are not my specialty. Youtube video of his QB Sluka. For those want pro style I have bad news for you. For those liking ED and GS I have good news for you. Edit: Beck could be a fit if this is Chesneys style QB.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiRgf71k9SCAxXBF1kFHdwtDxoQtwJ6BAgHEAI&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX4G-JqCLVA&usg=AOvVaw2u0JBJNJh_F71vyoGPgg0P&opi=89978449
He does have an arm though and can thread the needle though. True dual threat, would be such a nice fit here. Would have to get him some receivers obviously.

How did Mac build out that first staff, how did the recruiting look out of the gates etc. I know he ran into a rough period early on but did he do something to get recruiting going.
Yes, win. His recruiting immediately improved following that Cherry Bowl appearance and gradually improved further the more he showed he could consistently win here.

Listen I’m not saying he’s the end all be all

But I think he would be a solid hire.

I would take him over Tony White, which is probably going to be a controversial statement
With this 100%. Let that snake (and before anyone comes at me, he is a snake by definition. Talked about how much he loved being near his mom in queens then left for a pay raise for the same role at Nebraska) TW go to SDSU with Dino and Rocky. It’s time to start fresh

I agree. Its really weird.

People are absolutely clamoring for this coach I never heard of from a program I never think about.

Fine as a mention, but when he is coming in as the seeming #1 in some people's minds over some of the other options, dudes with NFL and P5 experience, that is weird to me.
Head coaching experience > p5 experience. Not every coordinator can build a program

With this 100%. Let that snake (and before anyone comes at me, he is a snake by definition. Talked about how much he loved being near his mom in queens then left for a pay raise for the same role at Nebraska) TW go to SDSU with Dino and Rocky. It’s time to start fresh
I’m sure you would turn down a Significant raise too.

Because he wins wherever he goes. If you know football, it translates. Getting some retread “name” might make some dolts happy, but we need a coach who knows how to win. This dude does.
He hasn't been anywhere.
The oversell of Chesney is weird.
This should be a national search for qualified candidates, not the 'best of the Patriot league'.
If he's what's left at the end, fine.
No guarantee he's the next coach Mac bc he won at Boston Catholic or wherever.

He hasn't been anywhere.
This should be a national search for qualified candidates, not the 'best of the Patriot league'.
Who is your ideal candidate

He hasn't been anywhere.
That's just it... no guarantee he's not.
Now's the ideal time to take this shot. If he faceplants, you switch gears in 3 years & keep it moving. But...you have to take this chance right now. This guy will go somewhere, might as well be us.
It's an unorthodox, chancy, & Ballsy move. But if I'm JW, I go for it. The reward will be well worth the risk. JMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom