Bob Chesney | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Bob Chesney

Unrelated, but I am still fascinated about the CNY FLYING CARDIAC SERVICES plane and how it goes back and forth to Bedford a lot. Is he a flying surgeon and works out of there? Just likes to fly? The world of private aviation is intriguing. And yes, I know this isn't related to Chesney as he wouldnt be flying out there but figured, why not...
This is a solid effort to give Chesney the Mullen vibes.

He deserves it.

Co-sign

So looking further into Chesney I see that he knows Addazio, knows Belichick, and gives good pregame speeches.

Reactions: FAL
Let’s go with Chesney. He’s an excellent communicator, not old, he will be in P4 soon. Just get it done at this point. I’m less worried about recruiting with him to be honest and more worried if he is that sort of Dino mold of “players coach”.

I am still pissed off at what appears to be a last minute fall out with Mullen, likely due to money, but this is what happens during coaching searches and I do not know what actually happened. It’s time to move on, pound the portal, and get ready for the most important O and D hires in basically ever.

Win Games. There is risk, but that risk can go well.

4DC1A4EB-AD0B-4B63-9712-CFBD9000E4AD.jpeg
BE49E3EC-5299-4273-AC80-A1A41352C7D9.jpeg
655CDB38-393A-4297-B494-48F3528AF311.jpeg
Interesting, Chesney’s son liked my tweet.

Last edited:
Had a few minutes to kill, looking at the Holy Cross roster

New Jersey
26​
Massachusetts
18​
Florida
14​
Texas
7​
New York
7​
Illinois
5​
Pennsylvania
5​
Virginia
4​
New Hampshire
4​
Michigan
4​
Indiana
2​
California
2​
Ohio
2​
Maryland
1​
Missouri
1​
Georgia
1​
Rhode Island
1​
Tennessee
1​
Connecticut
1​
Canada
1​
St. Francis (N.Y.)

Notable High Schools

Saint IgnatiusOhio
CurtisNY
Don BoscoNJ
St Peters PrepNJ
St. Joseph RegionalNJ
Gulliver PrepFL
Brother RiceMI
DePaul CatholicNJ
Bergen CatholicNJ
DelbartonNJ
Christopher ColumbusFL
PlantFL
DwyerFL
SpartaNJ
West OrangeNJ
JesuitFL - Tampa

Many high level football playing Catholic schools. That's a good thing.
Thanks for doing this!

Vincent Chesney, followed by Bob so obviously related. Liking pretty much any and everything Chesney to Cuse related.
Could just be proud relative, liking all the positive press about Bob not necessarily bc it’s cuse.

Could be. I’m done reading the tea leaves after the Mullen saga, so I don’t know what it means and I’m not going to try to figure it out.
Hahah yea it’s so easy to over analyze any of this. I’m back to being skeptical about everything. Until a legit journalist or Syracuse itself breaks some news

Between that and Mullen ending the speculation at 11:57pm, it feels like he was their choice, someone imposed a midnight deadline, and it couldn't get done... And maybe they soured on Chesney or vice versa along the way, and they're kind of back to square one. Pure speculation on my part, to be clear, but extended radio silence with no real rumors popping up feels like a bad sign.
Or maybe none of those things. They have a full week before Portal Day to announce, talk to players and coaches and start recruiting. Plenty of time. If nothing by Wednesday then I would guess there might be a snag somewhere. There are a lot of people to touch base with to make them feel a part of this hire - takes a few days.

This is unconfirmed, but my uncle knows a guy who owns an Oreo plant in Jacksonville, NC. His guy is in charge of sourcing the cream filling, and they go way back. You should see these guys put away the bourbon, and then pound the Oreos when they get drunk. Anyway, he says they've been shipping a metric ton of Mega Stuf Oreos to Worcester, because Chesney is just an addict. And apparently he likes to get his team a big Oreo sugar high before games.

Now his buddy in the distribution side of things handles the Wegmans account. He says they only like to stock the regular and Double Stuf Oreos. Chesney is psyched to shop at Wegmans in Syracuse, so this is a big issue.

So apparently, according to my neighbor's old college roommate's ex-girlfriend who works at Labquest, they've been experimenting with shipping Mega Stuf Oreos back and forth on these Labquest private jets.

If the private jet Oreo distribution plan works, Chesney is in. He's eager to see how it holds up during this winter storm.

So, we should hear something very soon, unless my uncle's friend's friend and and my neighbors old college roommate's ex aren't the rock solid sources they appear to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom