Bob Diaco | Syracusefan.com

Bob Diaco

Franz69

All Conference
"That matter-of-fact approach seems straight out of the modern coach-as-CEO handbook, but it belies the quirkiness of a former Iowa linebacker who regularly shows up at August practices wearing a sweatshirt, who secured five-star linebacker Ishaq Williams' commitment with a 4:30 a.m. visit to his Brooklyn home and who isn't above motivational ploys like demoting nose tackle Louis Nix to second team after spring practice so that he'd spend the summer getting in better shape."

http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/1804929?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Michigan State Spartans|p

I reakon we'd have to rile up a lot of cash money to get this guy to come to Syracuse. Maybe for those of you that want him, maybe Dr. Gross skipped Tampa and being with the basketball team and he was in Miami instead.

He is a hot name you couldn't go wrong with. You won't lose any recruits with Diaco and I promise you he gets SU a couple top 25 recruiting classes before he leaves. If you get Diaco the buzz around SU only increases and I think we sell more tickets next year than we would have with Marrone. If he beats Ped St its on.

The only slam dunk coordinator other than him is Herman at Ohio State.

(Kirby Smart wouldn't come here and I wouldn't go for MOntgomery at Baylor its Briles offense after them Reagan at Rice is next best.)

He is my favorite I am in on him totally.

This is a guy who would be a great hire for SU!

"That matter-of-fact approach seems straight out of the modern coach-as-CEO handbook, but it belies the quirkiness of a former Iowa linebacker who regularly shows up at August practices wearing a sweatshirt, who secured five-star linebacker Ishaq Williams' commitment with a 4:30 a.m. visit to his Brooklyn home and who isn't above motivational ploys like demoting nose tackle Louis Nix to second team after spring practice so that he'd spend the summer getting in better shape."

http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/1804929?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Michigan State Spartans|p

He is on TGD's list.

He has also been on a bunch of other lists and hasn't been hired yet.

He is on TGD's list.

He has also been on a bunch of other lists and hasn't been hired yet.

I don't know how much he is making, but hope he is our coach come Tuesday... We need to bring some energy to this program, and we can't go Cheapo, we have a basketball program that brings in Money and if our football team starts winning big, it will bring a lot more money. Never mind the ACC raise coming in next year.. if we have to pay 2.5, then so be it.

Well he certainly knows how to recruit against Syracuse, so he's got that going for him. Nothing a little sales spin can't fix.

The more I hear of Diaco the more I think he's my top choice. Young guy (39), from New Jersey, recruits the area, coaching one of the nation's top defenses in the national championship tomorrow, and, by all accounts, he can recruit.

I'd be fine with Shafer, but I think Diaco is probably the highest ceiling guy I've seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hear him for yourself.
http://video.search.yahoo.com/video...reshman&c=10&sigr=10pldi3o1&fr=yfp-t-701&tt=b

Then I'm guessing Shafer would be gone.

Not necessarily. Unless he is the Head Coach/DC thing like Schiano did at Rutgers for a while there.

We're in a situation where we had a HC do a good job getting us respectable again, we have an 8-5, bowl winning, co-conference champion team. It's not like we had a HC fired whereby the assistants, for the most part, are viewed as complicit and incompetent or in need of a change.

I expect there to be some changes but I wouldnt' be surprised to see a high level of continuity regardless of who is hired. Shafer and Adkins have been around here for 4 years and unless they're going with Marrone, I'd have a hard time seeing the reason to replace them. By all accounts they've done a good job, have experience at the school and have build recruiting relationships that don't just appear overnight.

Since he interviewed at BC, I"m assuming he would at least entertain HC offers?

The more you guys talk about him, this is the guy I want and it makes a lot of sense. Young guy, local ties, working at a big time program right now.

Any idea why BC didn't select him?

Any idea why BC didn't select him?

Opie, Jags, The Spaz........there's a pattern there. I actually think they may have lucked out with Adazio.

Not impressed by that interview. Good to see that BC interviewed Pete Lembo. Guess I'm not his only fan.

ok, wow.

hes 1A to tressels 1.

but the baggage with the vest may too much to ask, dont need that watchdog shlit.

everybody is corrupt, dont need the ncaa getting on us because someone got a ride from a coach or something.

wait......

Oh Lord

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom