Bob Diaco | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Bob Diaco

"That matter-of-fact approach seems straight out of the modern coach-as-CEO handbook, but it belies the quirkiness of a former Iowa linebacker who regularly shows up at August practices wearing a sweatshirt, who secured five-star linebacker Ishaq Williams' commitment with a 4:30 a.m. visit to his Brooklyn home and who isn't above motivational ploys like demoting nose tackle Louis Nix to second team after spring practice so that he'd spend the summer getting in better shape."

http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/1804929?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Michigan State Spartans|p
Well, before we fine out who we are hiring, I will say this. I hated that middle of the night stalker visit at the time, and said on here that I hope we never resort to doing things like that. Honestly, I think it's disgusting. If we hire Diaco and that becomes our MO, I don't care who we end up "winning" that way. Program takes a step down in my mind.

Don't know if he's the right hire, but a NJ native could be really useful right now.

Well, before we fine out who we are hiring, I will say this. I hated that middle of the night stalker visit at the time, and said on here that I hope we never resort to doing things like that. Honestly, I think it's disgusting. If we hire Diaco and that becomes our MO, I don't care who we end up "winning" that way. Program takes a step down in my mind.
No it won't. You'd be mad if we went 11-1 because our coach went to someone's house early in the morning that could make a real impact on our program and got them to come here? Silliness.

No it won't. You'd be mad if we went 11-1 because our coach went to someone's house early in the morning that could make a real impact on our program and got them to come here? Silliness.
I meant what I said. I don't want to win "at all costs" and when I read about that nonsense, it crossed a line of decorum in my mind. You can call it what you want.

I don't have any problem with 4:30am visits.

Now if I was the recruit, I'd tell them and their school to go F themselves and go back to sleep.

I don't have any problem with 4:30am visits.

Now if I was the recruit, I'd tell them and their school to go F themselves and go back to sleep.

That may depend on who the school sends to visit.

HCBD, kind of sounds like a bank, but yeah, that sounds like it could work.

I'm now 100% on board with Diaco after doing a little more reading on him.

My only question is, how long would we be able to hang onto him? I'd assume whenever a big job like ND, USC, Florida, or whatever comes open, he'd be at or near the top of the list, not to mention the many, many NFL jobs that come open over the years. Would he simply be a three or four year rental, at best?

And is that worth it?

I think, if he keeps Hackett on to maintain this recruiting class, as well as Wheatley and maybe (maybe) Shafter, then hell yes. I say maybe to Shafer because keeping that many coaches from a previous regime is far too much to ask.

Well, if this game were an audition for Diaco, he's off to a rough start...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom