Boeheim’s Army Dead? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim’s Army Dead?

It isn't perfect, but it's something. And it's a veiled representation of our team. And named after a legendary coach synonymous with Syracuse. It's as good as you're going to get for basketball in July.
Well we have the Olympics this year

There are currently 58 teams listed on TBT's website as competing in this year's tournament. Boeheim's Army still not listed...

Also, no roster announcements, or any pertinent updates other than the Axe man...

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

The Louisville team is going to have some famous folks on it. If they can still play is TBD, but TBT is going to put Kentucky in that bracket and they are playing at Freedom Hall. Think TBT has moved on from the BA scene.

Where's Axe man? Weird he'd put that out publicly without solid info that everything was confirmed.

It was fun to watch for a time especially with recent alumni from 2008-16 teams, but it has run its course IMO

I enjoyed it. Not suggesting that it is / was as much fun as watching actual SU sports, but it was entertaining at a time when sports options are kind of at a dearth.

I like baseball, but summer is sports no-mans-land IMO. Long stretch without much to watch, post-lacrosse / pre-football.

So the TBT was something fun to look forward to. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it at times, even with the mixed teams. Really was fun to see former players suit up again in Orange. And it helped solidify my connection to players that didn't play here long -- especially John Gillon, Chris McCullough, and Andrew White. Watching them each play for a couple of years of BA deepened the connection to guys who were here and gone in seemingly in the blink of an eye.

And some years, the expectations were higher, which was fun. Even though we stubbed our toe a couple of times, because we had the wrong composition of players for this type of tournament.

But I always looked forward to the games being on TV, because it's fun to watch 'Cuse hoops in the summer.

That article confirmed what I believed about this off-season. Coordinating BA is a massive time-commitment and a lot of effort. Belby probably worked practically a full-time job to juggle all of the logistics through the off-season, and that has to wear on you after several years.

Our recent teams have stunk so anyone worth playing is too old. Every program is taking it seriously now our chances to win aren't what they were for a time when we were clearly one of the 2-3 most likely champions every year.

Glad we took it down one year. Hope we do it next year with minimal ringers.

I enjoyed it. Not suggesting that it is / was as much fun as watching actual SU sports, but it was entertaining at a time when sports options are kind of at a dearth.

I like baseball, but summer is sports no-mans-land IMO. Long stretch without much to watch, post-lacrosse / pre-football.

So the TBT was something fun to look forward to. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it at times, even with the mixed teams. Really was fun to see former players suit up again in Orange. And it helped solidify my connection to players that didn't play here long -- especially John Gillon, Chris McCullough, and Andrew White. Watching them each play for a couple of years of BA deepened the connection to guys who were here and gone in seemingly in the blink of an eye.

And some years, the expectations were higher, which was fun. Even though we stubbed our toe a couple of times, because we had the wrong composition of players for this type of tournament.

But I always looked forward to the games being on TV, because it's fun to watch 'Cuse hoops in the summer.

That article confirmed what I believed about this off-season. Coordinating BA is a massive time-commitment and a lot of effort. Belby probably worked practically a full-time job to juggle all of the logistics through the off-season, and that has to wear on you after several years.
I agree and I assume the big donor from previous years is no longer involved.

I think many are dismissing the loss of Boeheim's Army due to the fact that the players who would be playing in it are now from the last 10 years of Syracuse basketball, which many of us don't want to relive as much as earlier eras and don't have as close of a connection with the players due to lack of success, short stints in orange, etc.

Would've been fun to watch if Joe Girard and Kadary Richmond joined the team IMO.

Yup, it's tough once Hoops and Hockey ends. Not really looking forward to the Olympics when it's probably on 12 different streaming services and a six hour or more tape delay.

I will watch NBA Summer league hoops from SLC and Vegas. There's always some good players involved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom