Quick Reminder | Syracusefan.com

Quick Reminder

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
As we hash out the end of this year and look forward to 2025 let's keep in mind that players and their families read this board. I think this board is light years ahead of fanlax and twitter is a dumpster fire but I know in the heat of the moment we can post things we probably don't mean or normally wouldn't. I can be as guilty as anyone and I always advise parents to NOT join or read this board. I would ask to keep in mind unlike bball and fball, D1 lax has a much smaller online community so some of these players are seeing less then stellar comments probably for the first time in their careers. Nothing wrong with reasonable criticism (again see some of my posts) but we want to make it clear were supportive of the entire roster and let's not go overboard, we don't need to be some of the SEC message boards.

In that mold Shout out to the senior and grad guys who really helped put in a great year getting SU back in the tourney including Stevens, Mule, Titus, fine lot's own Saam Olexxo, Mason Kohn (if he doesn't come back), Will Mark, Wright, Schmidt and those players I am sure I missed.

Yeah I think this is imperative to remember not only for lax but for all sports

These players/staff etc do read the boards, I know first hand.

Not saying everything needs to be positive but make sure the criticism isn’t over board and remember at the end of the day, these guys are college students. They are young

As we hash out the end of this year and look forward to 2025 let's keep in mind that players and their families read this board. I think this board is light years ahead of fanlax and twitter is a dumpster fire but I know in the heat of the moment we can post things we probably don't mean or normally wouldn't. I can be as guilty as anyone and I always advise parents to NOT join or read this board. I would ask to keep in mind unlike bball and fball, D1 lax has a much smaller online community so some of these players are seeing less then stellar comments probably for the first time in their careers. Nothing wrong with reasonable criticism (again see some of my posts) but we want to make it clear were supportive of the entire roster and let's not go overboard, we don't need to be some of the SEC message boards.

In that mold Shout out to the senior and grad guys who really helped put in a great year getting SU back in the tourney including Stevens, Mule, Titus, fine lot's own Saam Olexxo, Mason Kohn (if he doesn't come back), Will Mark, Wright, Schmidt and those players I am sure I missed.

100 percent agree with you. I can’t Imagine playing your heart out and then seeing some unkind words about you.

I attended the game on SunDay. First time in a long time. You can see the anguish on the kids face when they come off after making a mistake that lead to a goal or turnover. The last thing they need to see is their fans being super critical on a forum. Hard at times because of our passion.

One last item about a Senior on the team. A friend of a friend invited me to meet some of the players after the game. I tried to decline as I knew they would be so down. I eventually relented and headed to the tailgate. The person found the player and brought him over. A senior whose collegiate career had ended. I could see how devastated he was. I told him to proud of his career. He was an absolute “professional” and said Thanks and talked for a minute. I got away as quickly as possible. Long story I know but wanted to say what a fine young man he was and I’m sure they all are. Proud of this team and the men on it. Can’t wait until next season.

Well said, Jeremy.

I saw my first game of lacrosse in my first year at Syracuse, and fell in love with the sport and the Syracuse Orangemen on the spot. It's been a crazy ride through the years, but the one constant has been the players putting on the Syracuse uniform. HHH isn't just a hashtag saying, it IS what it means to play for Syracuse.

Through the good times and the bad (thankfully few) the players are what make Syracuse Lax what is was, is, and will be. We need to take what Jeremy says to heart. The lax community is a small and insulated community compared to FB and hoops. We really need to make sure what we say on the board here (yes, this is public, whether you have a handle here or not) isn't hurtful, over the top, or just plain stupid. As JRHEETER said, they are young. Hell, they're kids playing a man's game. Will they make mistakes? Sure. But they don't deserve to be crucified for it. Criticism is one thing. Personal or hyperbolic attacks are unwarranted and will be dealt with quickly and with zero tolerance. Words matter. It's one thing for a kid's parents to read stuff like that, but to have a player read something like that (and they do), it's totally different. Maybe consider asking yourself if you would say what you want to post to the player's face.

Congrats to this year's seniors/transfers. You will always be Orange. Thank you for your contributions to Syracuse University.

Well put! Quite a leap from last year to this season... all of these kids pour their heart into our program and it is a major commitment to make it happen. I'm very grateful for everything they've done and look forward to next year, which is going to be fantastic. I think more people will realize the significant contribution that this year's team has made once we are in the F4 in 2025!

Great reminder! I love that lacrosse is still a relatively small community...I grew up watching Matt Palumb in his football pants, then he reffed my college games. That is incredible!

I try to abide by only making comments I'd say to the person if I met them. "That wasn't the best shot choice" vs. "you're the worst player in DI and Coach Gait should make you carry water bottles."

This is a well-informed community and I appreciate the members.

Jeremy, and everyone who commented in this Thread -- thank you for your reminder and giving all of this some much needed perspective. Go Orange! On to Memorial Day weekend 2025.

You should read the things they say about Kayla Treanor and the women’s team on fanlax and they have been in the final four 3 out of the last 4 years
they also haven’t won a chip tho being in final four and even a chip in those years. So let me ask you this is it better to constantly make final four or chip but not win or to win a chip every now again when make it?

Why does it matter? Slandering a team and a coach who is consistently in the top four teams year after year is absurd only 1 team ends the season happy so is every other team a total failure? The mens team has been to 26 final fours and won 11 times which means they still have a losing record in the FF4 and they are the most successful program in D1 history

they also haven’t won a chip tho being in final four and even a chip in those years. So let me ask you this is it better to constantly make final four or chip but not win or to win a chip every now again when make it?

That’s not how life works

Why does it matter? Slandering a team and a coach who is consistently in the top four teams year after year is absurd only 1 team ends the season happy so is every other team a total failure? The mens team has been to 26 final fours and won 11 times which means they still have a losing record in the FF4 and they are the most successful program in D1 history
i wasn’t slandering coach i said nothing bout coach or really team was just mostly asking what would people prefer as i was being sarcastic. I actually love kayla had crush on her since he playing days. I was more guess asking whoever is talking bout them. Was just saying what do they prefer make it every year but not win or make it less often but win when finally do. As can say tillman has made how many chips but only won 2? Just saying can be wide range of diff opinions is all wasn’t ment to insult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom