Boeheim and Bilas were right | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim and Bilas were right

Has a great handle and knows when to penetrate and when to dish. The only player on the team with these three attributes.

He's at his bet when he's aggressive and hunts his shot - he needs to do that more consistently

Imo He's at his best when he come's off a Curl and squares up, 2 places on the Court where he is deadly from the 3

...he seems to step up if others are in trouble or not playing their best game...he needs to take over more...and be more assertive...last two games...good Triche...

Triche was incredible and hit huge shots. Good to see.

He has had some of his best games against WVU. He and the referee won this for us. That missed goal tending saved our butt.

He has had some of his best games against WVU. He and the referee won this for us. That missed goal tending saved our butt.

Another SU fan that is sure we don't score in the last 10 seconds or we that would definitely lose in OT?

Another SU fan that is sure we don't score in the last 10 seconds or we that would definitely lose in OT?

Let's hope this doesn't get the same kind of attention as the Pinstripe Bowl or the Toledo game.

Imo He's at his best when he come's off a Curl and squares up

Totally agree. I thought that was something Kris Jo said he worked on over the summer:rolleyes:

Triche dosen't know how good he can be.

His two FTs with 1:28 left were the last points scored in the game. Who would have bet both teams would have gone 1:28 without scoring. Thank goodness it was he on the line then.

His two FTs with 1:28 left were the last points scored in the game. Who would have bet both teams would have gone 1:28 without scoring. Thank goodness it was he on the line then.

Agreed. Triche is the only player I get excited to see on the line, even though the others have improved. Turned out to be some clutch free throws.

Triche is shooting 86% from the floor...that is nearly 40% more than Scoop...that equates to 3-4 more points per 10 foul shots...tells me who needs to be in at end of games...

Triche is shooting 86% from the floor...that is nearly 40% more than Scoop...that equates to 3-4 more points per 10 foul shots...tells me who needs to be in at end of games...

Reading your posts on the BB board and your contributions in the chat room, I thought that I was a Triche supporter, but arbitragegls you've got me beat by a long shot. You're Triche's #1 fan, no contest.

I hope he finally blossoms into the scorer that I thought he'd be coming out of high school. Its been a slow evolution. Hopefully this year, maybe next year?

He's like Buster Keaton with that expressionless poker face.
All he does is get the job done.
And that's all that matters.
You nailed it.

And that has to be the first ever Buster Keaton reference on this board. Well done.

Reading your posts on the BB board and your contributions in the chat room, I thought that I was a Triche supporter, but arbitragegls you've got me beat by a long shot. You're Triche's #1 fan, no contest.

I hope he finally blossoms into the scorer that I thought he'd be coming out of high school. Its been a slow evolution. Hopefully this year, maybe next year?
have always thought that Triche was an after thought by many on the board...he is calm, emotionless...acts same way whether he does well or not...he has flaws and biggest maybe differing to others...but in a game situation, not the one shot to win..that probably is Waiters...but in an overall scheme, he plays the best defense, scores when needed and is unslefish...that to me is a good teammate...so yes, I support him...but I also nail his ass when he does something wrong...missing a 3 is not something wrong...pounding the ball for 25 seconds is...leaking out for a free be 2 is...so yes, I point those things out...but really...did you see my post on Scoop and his distributing the ball this year...very good and deserves lots of positives for that...so it is just not Triche...it is whomever plays well

You nailed it.

And that has to be the first ever Buster Keaton reference on this board. Well done.

SWC beat him to it by a week. (A more clever poster than I would have a link here, but I may only offer that the thread was from last Saturday and titled something like "From Which Direction?")

SWC beat him to it by a week. (A more clever poster than I would have a link here, but I may only offer that the thread was from last Saturday and titled something like "From Which Direction?")
I stand corrected. Figures it would be SWC, too. :)

BT shooting 35% better than Scoop from the free throw line is no less amazing than Scoop shooting 31% better than BT from inside the 3 point line. Brandon is shooting 31% on his 2's this year vs Scoop at 62%. I understand the point that you are making about having him in to hit FT's, but in a close game a 2 point bucket counts just as much as 2 ft's. Each of our guards has pluses and minuses. None is clearly and unquestionably better than the other with Dion coming back to earth.

You like to rail on Scoop about dribbling too much. You must be a new SU fan. That is on JB so blame him. He has been running that high pick and roll play for as long as I can remember. For years the pg has been asked to run it side to side looking for a drive and/or dish, shot, roll or reversal opportunity out of it. Gmac would run it over and over and over again. It can be an effective play and can be very difficult to guard when executed well. NCAA and NBA different games, but went to T-wolves game last night and that is basically their offense these days with Rubio running the high pick and roll over and over. San Antonio couldn't stop it. I was skeptical, but he's actually a heck of a player.

BT shooting 35% better than Scoop from the free throw line is no less amazing than Scoop shooting 31% better than BT from inside the 3 point line. Brandon is shooting 31% on his 2's this year vs Scoop at 62%.
Not saying you have an agenda, but after today's game Triche is shooting 48% from inside the arc (49 for 102).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom