Boeheim just on SC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim just on SC

you are correct. Never really understood why Dion gets as much criticism on an SU board (of all places) as he does.
I think the criticism has been mostly based on the lack of fulfilling potential. Anytime lack of maturity, work ethic, or intelligence hinders a gifted player's potential, it's frustrating. See Fab Melo and Billy Owens also. Lately it sounds as if Dion is getting his head straight, so hopefully we'll see many good things from here on.

JB being JB. I am upset he isnt interested in another guard or 5th year guy but this doesn't bother me. He is calling it as it is. Ennis does need to get strong to finish around NBA athletes. The jumper/floater can't be your only offense. He needs to work on his outside shot as well as lateral mobility on D. Does that mean Ennis made a bad decision? I don't think so in that if he is lottery now.. not likely he jumps much even with a real good following year.

There were many classes that I took at SU that didn't require attendance. There were some that I only showed up for exams. You can still get good grades without going to class on a regular basis. I don't recommend it for everyone, but some people can pull it off. If TE had a 4.0 in the first semester, like his father said he did, then maybe he can cobble together enough credits to be considered "making progress".

Deadspin is the worst.

And I see people are still butthurt by Ennis doing what's best for him, and not the multi-million dollar program that doesn't pay him a cent. What an a**hole.

Show gratitude to the school that let you play for them, even though HE choose Syracuse over dozens of other schools that wanted him. And show gratitude by leaving the school in good academic standing, a rule that was invented by the NCAA in order to play up the appearance of the "student-athlete" so they don't have to pay employees like Tyler Ennis.

Boeheim may be right about his NBA prospects but Ennis doesn't owe any of us anything. All I know for sure is that Deadspin (particularly Tom Ley) is the worst.

Deadspin is the worst.

And I see people are still butthurt by Ennis doing what's best for him, and not the multi-million dollar program that doesn't pay him a cent. What an a**hole.

Show gratitude to the school that let you play for them, even though HE choose Syracuse over dozens of other schools that wanted him. And show gratitude by leaving the school in good academic standing, a rule that was invented by the NCAA in order to play up the appearance of the "student-athlete" so they don't have to pay employees like Tyler Ennis.

Boeheim may be right about his NBA prospects but Ennis doesn't owe any of us anything. All I know for sure is that Deadspin (particularly Tom Ley) is the worst.

I love me some Deadspin. It's normally pretty hilarious.

"I think physically he probably could've used another year," Jim Boeheim on Tyler Ennis going to the NBA on ESPN.”
because it's a well known fact that you can only physically develop while in college

The writer of that article along with the idiots commenting are just that, idiots. Nothing JB said is going to adversely affect TE draft stock. It'll be based on game tape, the combine, and individual team workouts. What a moronic article.

Agreed. I didn't take those comments as "talking sh/t" about Ennis at all. JB is entitled to an opinion, just like everybody else.

Moronic article.

Last edited:
Does Ennis like Chocolate or Vanilla ice cream? And when did he last eat ice cream? I feel I need to know everything about him.

"I think physically he probably could've used another year," Jim Boeheim on Tyler Ennis going to the NBA on ESPN.”
because it's a well known fact that you can only physically develop while in college

Kevin Durant couldn't bench a poptart at the NBA combine i recall...

I love me some Deadspin. It's normally pretty hilarious.

I think what bugs me about Deadspin is that it used to be AMAZINGLY hilarious before Gawker took over. Now it's just become a sports-themed mouthpiece for Gawker to push their agenda and brand. It's turned into clickbait. They also seem to decide for you what's cool and what's creepy/weird/douchey, etc. They take something that can go either way and label it in one good/bad direction.

Tom Ley is the worst at this. He strikes me as someone who barely followed sports before he got hired, and is much more interested in pushing equality and making judgements, moreso than talking and joking about sports. Deadspin isn't a "guys" website anymore. It's turned into some ultra-liberal, hipster, politically correct blog that is sports second. I just hate what its become. Even the comments suck now.

If someone can point me to a website that is like what Deadspin used to be, I'd love to go there.

Why should this be a problem for SU if it isn't for Kentucky that has 3 times as many players leaving early?

Assuming the worst, this probably means he won't be leaving 'in good academic standing'. :(

The schools should be allowed to make these student athletes sign a waiver stating that if they leave early to pursue a career in professional sport And they don't finish all of their academic requirements, That the school can sue for damages. Actually take that back, If a player does not fulfill his academic requirements in a year that they competed.

I've left multiple jobs - that paid me, like with real money - to pursue different jobs. I expect just about everyone on this board has as well. No one has ever sued me for it. That seems like the right outcome.

Kevin Durant couldn't bench a poptart at the NBA combine i recall...

I believe they have to bench 185 at the combine and you're right, Durant didn't do it once. I guess he'll just have to accept the reality that he's only arguably the most gifted basketball scorer in human history, and that he'll never be in a Mr. Universe pageant.

I assume that JB's point is that while TE is physically ready for college he is not for the NBA.

Why should this be a problem for SU if it isn't for Kentucky that has 3 times as many players leaving early?
Most likely because Kentucky will do anything and everything to make sure that when all their players leave, they leave in 'good academic standing' whether they truly are or not.

Most likely because Kentucky will do anything and everything to make sure that when all their players leave, they leave in 'good academic standing' whether they truly are or not.
I would like to see their (Kentucky) college term papers. Probably makes the North Carolina one look like a PHD quality term paper.

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or making fun of me. (That movie has been on my to-watch list for like 3 years - maybe this weekend I'll check it out.)

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or making fun of me. (That movie has been on my to-watch list for like 3 years - maybe this weekend I'll check it out.)
agreeing . . . and I'll throw in that Inglorious Basterds is one of the most overrated films of all time. Not that it's bad, just not nearly as good as its notices.

Really disappointing if it's true Tyler stopped going to class. My understanding is he was a good student too.

I have no problem with JB telling it like it is on SC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom