Boeheim must read this board | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim must read this board

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
What in the world did he see that made him think that playing Lydon at the 5 was the answer? Rebounding killed us.

Lydon is a pretty good player - he should not be our center unless in needed moments. period. the kid can not rebound out of the 5. its not his fault, he is just out of position.

Lydon played Center a lot in Atlantis, well before there was much talk about it here, no? IDK what our other options are, because Coleman is a liability on both ends, in a big way.

Lydon played Center a lot in Atlantis, well before there was much talk about it here, no? IDK what our other options are, because Coleman is a liability on both ends, in a big way.

The only way DC will earn time is if he starts boxing out or starts getting some offense. otherwise he better get comfy on the pine.

according to everyone Coleman played his best game against A&M and didnt play bad in his 5 minutes today.

Ive been very loud about lydon being a huge liability defensively and rebounding at the 5. Coleman is significantly better. That being said Lydon had been significantly better offensively than Coleman. But not tonight. Lydon was invisible offensively. We basically played 4 on 5 on offense with Roberson and Lydon each equaling 1/2 of a player.

according to everyone Coleman played his best game against A&M and didnt play bad in his 5 minutes today.

Ive been very loud about lydon being a huge liability defensively and rebounding at the 5. Coleman is significantly better. That being said Lydon had been significantly better offensively than Coleman. But not tonight. Lydon was invisible offensively. We basically played 4 on 5 on offense with Roberson and Lydon each equaling 1/2 of a player.

Lydon is the better defender. Coleman is the better rebounder. Lydon can at least space the court when he has an off night; Coleman can do nothing on offense, yet.

turnover margin 20-11 we should win when that happens every game.

I know we talk about this all the time, but would it have killed us to go man with our smaller line-up and pressure the ball? Our zone is not quick enough to get back and cover the weak side passes. Wisconsin put on an offensive clinic against the zone. That freakin lay-up by Happ with :01 on the inbounds was inexcusable.

The only way DC will earn time is if he starts boxing out or starts getting some offense. otherwise he better get comfy on the pine.

The team rebounds SIGNIFICANTLY better with DC in the game. You have to see that. Lydon is rarely in position out of the 5 for rebounds and he isn't strong enough to keep the defenders from getting literally perfect position on him. literally perfect time and time again. when he got in foul trouble they went after him 5 times in a row? and scored or missed bunnies on all 5. and we played KALEB JOSEPH when Roberson fouled out. THINK ABOUT THAT!

Offensively speaking, you are right.

Lydon is the better defender. Coleman is the better rebounder. Lydon can at least space the court when he has an off night; Coleman can do nothing on offense, yet.

WHAT?!!?!?! they DESTROYED us methodically inside tonight.

Lydon created a lot of travels, ill give him that. but they had SO MANY easy opportunities because lydon can't handle the bigs defensively. they get the ball so deep in the lane. we aren't used to seeing that with our history of defensive bigs in the zone.

I know we talk about this all the time, but would it have killed us to go man with our smaller line-up and pressure the ball? Our zone is not quick enough to get back and cover the weak side passes. Wisconsin put on an offensive clinic against the zone. That freakin lay-up by Happ with :01 on the inbounds was inexcusable.

def agree with this.

but boeheim will point to the 1 time we pressed and how they killed that as good as I've ever seen.

What in the world did he see that made him think that playing Lydon at the 5 was the answer? Rebounding killed us.

Lydon is a pretty good player - he should not be our center unless in needed moments. period. the kid can not rebound out of the 5. its not his fault, he is just out of position.
Not JBs best night, cant wait to hear the presser for how he was thinking. The tiny lineup he went to twice w KJ in for TRob made zero sense to me. The rebounding #s were already astoundingly bad. That substitution made it worse. But in the end if we hit our FTs we win. Go Cuse

def agree with this.

but boeheim will point to the 1 time we pressed and how they killed that as good as I've ever seen.

A Jim Calhoun UConn team of 4 guards would have diced this Wisconsin team up. He would have pressured that ball like Oklahoma did and took Wisconsin out of their comfort zone. I really hate typing that, but he was spot on with his analysis.

Not JBs best night, cant wait to hear the presser for how he was thinking. The tiny lineup he went to twice w KJ in for TRob made zero sense to me. The rebounding #s were already astoundingly bad. That substitution made it worse. But in the end if we hit our FTs we win. Go Cuse

I don't know who had worse shot selection in the last 2 minutes of OT, KJ, Cooney or Mal. Awful shots. Awful.

Gtown game is a big game. Imo GTown is a better team than Wisc and its on the road. Go Cuse!

I thought we helped in the post much better on Thursday and Friday. The wings didn't cheat as much today and Lydon got out-maneuvered by a talented center.

As for the rebounding...yikes. Got beat by some tenacious players.

WHAT?!!?!?! they DESTROYED us methodically inside tonight.

Lydon created a lot of travels, ill give him that. but they had SO MANY easy opportunities because lydon can't handle the bigs defensively. they get the ball so deep in the lane. we aren't used to seeing that with our history of defensive bigs in the zone.

Lydon at least can get a hand up to contest their shots. He forced a good amount of misses at the rim. The alternative with Coleman is that the bigs would catch the ball a couple more feet away from the hoop, decide which direction they feel like going because Coleman can't stay in front of anybody, and either make an easy layup or draw a reach-in foul as Coleman's attempt to make up for his slow foot speed.

Neither is ideal.

Really? So the answer is to play Joseph? He doesn't play defense and makes horrible decisions. We played DC in the tournament and we won.

Coleman's defense the 3 minutes he played was poor. They got the ball right into the lane for 2 lay ups. He's just slow.

Really? So the answer is to play Joseph? He doesn't play defense and makes horrible decisions. We played DC in the tournament and we won.
No question we need DC. Kj looked good in 1st half, not so much after that

JB needed scorers out there, and DC isn't a scorer. I did not agree with the KJ substitution, but we were screwed either way at that point. We have up the ghost when G and TC missed their FT's in regulation. Those guys MUST make FT's for us to be successful. Freakin 50% down the stretch won't cut it.