Boeheim ran the final play for Fair | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim ran the final play for Fair

Great call by Jimmy B... Fair got drummond and it was a mismatch... Fab with the wekside rebound... Jimmy B HOF'er

Overthinking things...

Uconn was handchecking bodying our guards quite a bit in the second half.
Uconn would pull Melo out and force him to get back to block drummond. We did the same thing.

I liked the play call we led all game get it for the highest percentage basket we can down the stretch and we did.
Fair has 2-3 inches on Dion.

Interesting call to give it to CJ on a baseline drive. I don't think he had a point or a rebound in the 2nd half...What happened to him? Why did he stop getting the ball? Very strange last 15 minutes. Our offense just stopped dead. No ball movement, terrible shot selection, bad TO's. But this team has a knack for making plays in the last 2 minutes to get the W.

Interesting call to give it to CJ on a baseline drive. I don't think he had a point or a rebound in the 2nd half...What happened to him? Why did he stop getting the ball? Very strange last 15 minutes. Our offense just stopped dead. No ball movement, terrible shot selection, bad TO's. But this team has a knack for making plays in the last 2 minutes to get the W.

To be honest, the ball stopped moving in the 2nd half because guys started to try to take the whole thing into their own hands. Hopefully it can be a great teaching point by JB. Too much 1-1 and it caused us to make a lot of 2nd half turnovers and take some real bad shots. We can still be sooooo much better.

To be honest, the ball stopped moving in the 2nd half because guys started to try to take the whole thing into their own hands. Hopefully it can be a great teaching point by JB. Too much 1-1 and it caused us to make a lot of 2nd half turnovers. We can still be sooooo much better.

How many What turnovers were there?!? I can remember at least 3-4 that we haven't made all year. A few borderline travels and KJ dribbling off his foot, without those we wouldn't have been sweating so much t the end. With that being said we continue to make plays when we need them and our Dudes make them not our Dude.

CJ ddn't get hardly any touches in the second half. Our guards dominated the ball too much. Too much standing around and watching.

To be honest, the ball stopped moving in the 2nd half because guys started to try to take the whole thing into their own hands. Hopefully it can be a great teaching point by JB. Too much 1-1 and it caused us to make a lot of 2nd half turnovers. We can still be sooooo much better.

Same issue last game against USF in the second half. No motion to much isolation. It can be very demoralizing when you aren't turning the ball over and the other team is.

Another other interesting stat we shot about 50 percent in the first half and about 35 in the second.
The last 6 games we shot...
50 34 55 34 59 34
we kinda put two of those games together in one tonight.:noidea:

And that MCW guy is going to be special next year.

Biggest miss of the 2nd half had to be Keita missing that easy put-back - what could have been a 12 pt lead ended up being only a 7 pt lead. 5 pt swing on that miss.
Keita really needs to hit the gym this off-season and get a lot stronger.

Biggest miss of the 2nd half had to be Keita missing that easy put-back - what could have been a 12 pt lead ended up being only a 7 pt lead. 5 pt swing on that miss.

I almost lost my mind when that happened. I'm already on edge when Baye is in the game because he seems so inept this year in almost all facets of his game, but when he gave them that 5 point swing I had some trouble maintaining my composure. lol

How many What turnovers were there?!? I can remember at least 3-4 that we haven't made all year. A few borderline travels and KJ dribbling off his foot, without those we wouldn't have been sweating so much t the end. With that being said we continue to make plays when we need them and our Dudes make them not our Dude.
Whatever-the-hell-that-was with Keita missing (I guess) that gimme ensured it was going to be a down to the wire game. That was a "crossroad" moment and felt like it at the time.
Tough road game in a tough place against a tough team, nice game.

I almost lost my mind when that happened. I'm already on edge when Baye is in the game because he seems so inept this year in almost all facets of his game, but when he gave them that 5 point swing I had some trouble maintaining my composure. lol

Before that play I was trying to be positive about Keita being in the game. My generally positive outlook on things took a hit on that play.

That was a sorry play.
But a little earlier KJ missed a little putback layup.
It seems we have 2 or 3 missed gimmes every game.
They killed us against UConn in the BE tourney last year.

One miss on offense means nothing.

Hit a basket, get a defensive stop, hit another basket, contest a jumper, rebound its miss, and hit another basket and you have a 6-8 point swing. We could have went back up to 16. No such thing as fate in these instances. We just were outscored because uconn ran some good paint basketball in the second hand and our shooting leveled out to around 35 with to much isolation and a few turnrovers.

Momentum is a myth because it can change at any time.

How abut CJ actually getting that shot off over Drummond? Unreal.

I was cursing on that play...What Keita!!!! that was a bunny. He should of dunked that !! For the most part, he frustrates me to no end on the offensive end. Has hands of stone!!

How abut CJ actually getting that shot off over Drummond? Unreal.
He made a late adjustment - at that point it was just to avoid the block. One more nanosecond and he is called for an up-and-down travel. There was some good fortune just getting that ball to hit the rim.

Fair almost got that shot to go - just so weird Fair getting the ball when he said we doing run one play for Fair last week

So Fair is "The Dude?"

I was cursing on that play...What Keita!!!! that was a bunny. He should of dunked that !! For the most part, he frustrates me to no end on the offensive end. Has hands of stone!!
Reading everybody, one would think that Baye was all alone in a gym and missed. These things don't happen in a vaccum. Just think of all the bunny's UConn missed not to mention the other teams over teh past few weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom