Boeheim says no update on McCullough | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim says no update on McCullough

why are people jumping on Nashville?

Everyone has made a comment about JB and CM's relationship. It def looked odd that JB didnt even go say anything to him.

Say whatever you want, but it would be nice to show that you care like Pitino and Huggins and K have done in the past. Even if it is just for show. It is just comforting to see.

It looked and felt like Varsity Blues. I hope JB didnt mean to look like that, but thats what it looked like.
what JB showing a lack of emotion and compassion? Can't imagine that...

That's him on the surface. I'm told that way way way way deep down he's really a softee....

CuseFaninVT said:
And that may be, but this site bugs me sometimes when JB is questioned. The reaction is immediate and immense toward the person who questions JB, and it's not exactly nice. In case the others don't realize this (not pointed at you my friend), JB is not currently a saint. He's never performed an actual miracle. Sometimes he acts like a grumpy old man, and saying this does not make me a 'hater' of the team or the school.
1996 was a miracle regardless of what you say. Getting scoop through college was probably another.

Again, people absolutely losing their minds over someone's own personal take on a situation. No name-calling, no foul language, just a personal take/opinion about the scenario.

And people snap. It's weird.
Yep. No one has any idea what happened at halftime, or after the game, or this morning. It's all conjecture based on one brief 2 minute sequence.

And I'm speaking toward both ends of the spectrum here. It's kind of like overanalyzing the meaning behind a high school kid's tweet. It's a fruitless endeavor, so why bother?

no worries everyone. this guy is gonna step in for C McC and save the day:

In JBs defense, has he ever done that with anyone?
HCSS is the first one I've seen that seems to go out to every injury.

I think it depends on the situation as far as how JB reacts. If you remember when Kristof Ongeneat flipped and landed on his head in the Big East Tournament against Louisville, JB waved to the trainer and was on the court in a big hurry in that situation. Last night, I think JB knew it was a leg injury but it wasn't something where Chris' life may be permanently changed (for lack of a better way of putting it)

If JB goes over to every injured player on the floor, I wouldn't doubt someone would post that he coddles the players too much and he should focus on coaching. Bottom line is - JB is not a doctor. How does he know what type of injury occurred? Which type of injury merits him walking over there to check? Which injuries should he not go and check?

It would have been nice for him to walk over and check but I'm not going to get upset that he didn't. His job is to coach the basketball team.

And that may be, but this site bugs me sometimes when JB is questioned. The reaction is immediate and immense toward the person who questions JB, and it's not exactly nice. In case the others don't realize this (not pointed at you my friend), JB is not currently a saint. He's never performed an actual miracle. Sometimes he acts like a grumpy old man, and saying this does not make me a 'hater' of the team or the school.
Sure. And there is no contingent perpetually waiting to pounce upon any little thing JB does or doesn't do exactly to their liking - is there? There is an agenda around here, and it is actually shared by a number of posters, essentially stating that they follow SU basketball despite JB. That JB can essentially do no right. That they are more driven to proving JB's flaws than anything good he might have done over the past 40 years.
That his not running out onto the court last night is even being discussed as an "issue" right now is pretty much comical. But have it, please don't deviate from the agenda now.

Boeheim's jacket last night had room for improvement

#freespeech

Again, people absolutely losing their minds over someone's own personal take on a situation. No name-calling, no foul language, just a personal take/opinion about the scenario.

And people snap. It's weird.
Snap?

no worries everyone. this guy is gonna step in for C McC and save the day:

I'm going to go ahead and take serious offense to the posting of this, because damnit, I posted it (and even put it in my Otto's Grove recap of the Georgia Tech game) and got no reaction. Shenanigans, I say to you, sir! Shenanigans indeed!

I agree completely. If that was my kid on the floor, I know I'd be a bit pissed JB didn't even seem to notice/care. Anyone who says otherwise is just being a JB homer.
I'd want the trainer there...why would I care if the coach is out there. He can talk to him after the game.

JB's lack of concern really rubbed me the wrong way. Thoughts are with CM.
With respect, I don't believe that his keeping his mind on the game showed lack of concern. He let his medical team handle it. I am sure he talked to Chris at halftime (if he was still in the locker room). He does have compassion.

What happened to your green cat? I loved that cat!

Brad Pike, the trainer, was out there immediately. He was the appropriate person to be there. Aside from the Kristof situation (which could have been a broken neck or worse), I don't remember JB ever rushing onto the court in such a situation. His presence would add nothing to the situation. Let Brad Pike and the other professionals do their job without interference. And I suspect the players would also prefer to see people with some knowledge of what to do ...and how to do it.

Brad Pike, the trainer, was out there immediately. He was the appropriate person to be there. Aside from the Kristof situation (which could have been a broken neck or worse), I don't remember JB ever rushing onto the court in such a situation. His presence would add nothing to the situation. Let Brad Pike and the other professionals do their job without interference. And I suspect the players would also prefer to see people with some knowledge of what to do ...and how to do it.
Agree with this. And because I bring absolutely everything possible back to the show The Wire, it brings to mind a scene in season one when, after a cop has been shot, there are people walking around the crime scene just getting in the way, and finally the guy in charge has to stand up and shout, (paraphrasing because the original is not safe for work): "If you don't have an actual job to do, get the hell out of here and let the people trying to take care of the situation work."

This has been another episode of, "Jeff uses any excuse to bring up The Wire."

When it comes to basketball coaching greatness, and driving under the legal limit... Boeheim > Huggins.
When it comes to being sensitive and concerned for your injured player when they're down on the court… Huggins > Boeheim

dasean-butler-knee-injury-final-four-west-virginia-b5e640cd2453a2db_large.jpg

I think this is a situation where it was okay for JB to not go out to check on Chris and it would have been okay if he had gone out to check like HCSS does and Huggins did. I don't think we should read anything into anything with regard to JB not going out and checking on Chris. I do think that JB felt bad about what he's been recently saying about Chris though. In the presser last night JB referred to Chris playing better "in practice" and how hard this could be because he was doing well "in practice." Certainly JB could not say how well he think Chris has been playing in games, especially after what he said after Georgia Tech. But JB wanted to say something nice about Chris and that's why he referred to what he had seen in practice. JB cares about his players more than we will ever care about them. I can assure you of that.

Last edited:
I think the more serious the more the coach would be out there. like UL kids injury or neck issues. a knee is serious but not life threatening usually.

Eric15 said:
When it comes to basketball coaching greatness, and driving under the legal limit... Boeheim > Huggins. When it comes to being sensitive and concerned for your injured player when they're down on the court… Huggins > Boeheim
Is that snot/saliva dripping out of huggies nose/mouth?

I brought up the Kristof situation in my post a few minutes ago in this thread. But as usual, you said it much better than I could :) I agree with your perspective.

If JB spends the timeout keeping the team focused, he gets bashed for ignoring CMac.

If JB spends the timeout with CMac, he gets bashed for wasting the timeout when he should have been getting TRob and Chino ready for extended action.

Either way, some people will always find fault with JB's actions.