Boeheim says no update on McCullough | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim says no update on McCullough

why are people jumping on Nashville?

Everyone has made a comment about JB and CM's relationship. It def looked odd that JB didnt even go say anything to him.

Say whatever you want, but it would be nice to show that you care like Pitino and Huggins and K have done in the past. Even if it is just for show. It is just comforting to see.

It looked and felt like Varsity Blues. I hope JB didnt mean to look like that, but thats what it looked like.

Show who? You...the fan watching.....either CMac knows JB cares or there is a bigger relationship problem that JB going over and "checking on him" isn't going to cure.

lummgr said:
In JBs defense, has he ever done that with anyone? HCSS is the first one I've seen that seems to go out to every injury.
HCSS does it to ask the injured guy what play they would run next...

When it comes to basketball coaching greatness, and driving under the legal limit... Boeheim > Huggins.
When it comes to being sensitive and concerned for your injured player when they're down on the court… Huggins > Boeheim

View attachment 33494

Good god..... either Huggy Bear is about to administer CPR or he might be looking at being placed on the sex offenders registry for that.

Brad Pike, the trainer, was out there immediately. He was the appropriate person to be there. Aside from the Kristof situation (which could have been a broken neck or worse), I don't remember JB ever rushing onto the court in such a situation. His presence would add nothing to the situation. Let Brad Pike and the other professionals do their job without interference. And I suspect the players would also prefer to see people with some knowledge of what to do ...and how to do it.

At what point was anyone asking for JB to administer first aid here? Having what appears to be an ounce of compassion is the question, not his vast knowledge of appropriate methods of diagnosing lower leg injuries.

I highlighted the word appears because that's what we are talking about. I have no idea one way or the other what JB thinks about Chris, but I know what the assumptions could be from people outside the program, including people thinking of joining the program.

At least take five or ten steps in that direction. From the TV feed, he barely looked back.

Sorry I love JB but this isn't bashing him. He should have gone on to check on McC. Nobody wants JB to be Mr. Rogers but when Kristoff Oguanant got hurt he went out there, when Eric Devodorf tore his knee against East Tennessee in 08 he went out there.
I don't expect JB to be Mother Theresa but CuseinVt has this one right in my opinion.

If JB is Teflon let me know and I won't say anything about him. It is fair to question some of his decisions it doesn't mean either side is wrong but I felt right away last night it wasn't the right decision he should have just gone out there and checked on the kid.

I don't think any injury is different. Cto's face is shown after the Kong fall in 09 and JB did chcck on him. Devo tore his knee and he checked on him.

Alsacs said:
If JB is Teflon let me know and I won't say anything about him. It is fair to question some of his decisions it doesn't mean either side is wrong but I felt right away last night it wasn't the right decision he should have just gone out there and checked on the kid. I don't think any injury is different. Cto's face is shown after the Kong fall in 09 and JB did chcck on him. Devo tore his knee and he checked on him.
Wondering why he didn't go out is one thing, insinuating that he didn't because he doesn't care is absurd. That's what Nashville insinuated IMO.

Sorry I love JB but this isn't bashing him. He should have gone on to check on McC. Nobody wants JB to be Mr. Rogers but when Kristoff Oguanant got hurt he went out there, when Eric Devodorf tore his knee against East Tennessee in 08 he went out there.
I don't expect JB to be Mother Theresa but CuseinVt has this one right in my opinion.

... and CuseFanATL!

... and CuseFanATL!

Because you said it was the only reason I jumped in as well. Clearly I have an anti-JB agenda based on at least one reply here, but you don't face that same obstacle. I thought I was safe to get your back.

I'm going to go ahead and take serious offense to the posting of this, because damnit, I posted it (and even put it in my Otto's Grove recap of the Georgia Tech game) and got no reaction. Shenanigans, I say to you, sir! Shenanigans indeed!

sorry man, didnt see it. I would never commit such an act knowingly.

But its such a great scene !

Because you said it was the only reason I jumped in as well. Clearly I have an anti-JB agenda based on at least one reply here, but you don't face that same obstacle. I thought I was safe to get your back.
Glee-round-of-applause.gif

I'm not feeling a lot of the logic being thrown around here:
"If JB went over there, people would be saying he coddles his players"
"If JB went over, he would be bashed for not coaching up his players"
"JB is not a doctor, he can't add anything to the situation"

For #1 and #2, I don't remember anyone saying those things ever. They're unfounded hypotheticals. "If he did X, then probably Y would happen (where Y has never happened before)". For the 3rd, it's not about his knowledge but his compassion, especially after how he's been pointing out and treating Chris publicly.

Another one I hear is "You can't possibly know anything from a 2 minutes, it's like a high school player's tweet". I understand that it may not have been the best analogy, but I don't like the concept at all. With a 140 character text message, we don't see the person deliver the message, but just see it on the screen. In person there are over a million cues being given off. And that's just visually and audibly. That's not including sensing vibes. Through evolution humans can know a lot about another person within a few seconds of looking at him/her. It's an important survival mechanism. I know people like to protect other people from judgement by saying things like "you're not in the locker room, you don't know" or "We can't possibly know from a 2 minute interaction", but I assure you we can.

Eric15 said:
When it comes to basketball coaching greatness, and driving under the legal limit... Boeheim > Huggins. When it comes to being sensitive and concerned for your injured player when they're down on the court… Huggins > Boeheim

For the 3rd, it's not about his knowledge but his compassion, especially after how he's been pointing out and treating Chris publicly.

Yeah I didn't understand the logic of "Boeheim shouldn't have gone over cause he couldn't help the situation medically." By that logic, nobody would ever visit a loved one in the hospital.

But whichever, onto Wake Forest.