Boeheim says "tremendous changes" this offseason. | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim says "tremendous changes" this offseason.

There is just one senior on the Syracuse basketball team this year, but Jim Boeheim isn't sure who will be the Orange's roster next year.

On Wednesday, though, the Syracuse coach hinted at some major personnel changes before the start of the 2015-16 season.

"I'm not sure what next year is going to bring,'' Boeheim said Wednesday. "I think we're going to go through some tremendous changes in this off-season.''

Rakeem Christmas, Syracuse's starting center and the only senior on the team, will graduate this spring. And there are no candidates to enter the NBA draft. So Boeheim's comments would seem to indicate that one or more players could decide to transfer.

"You never know who's going to be here,'' Boeheim said. "Recruiting's still going on. I have no idea who's going to be here next year. I never do. I thought Jerami Grant and Tyler Ennis were going to be here this year. They aren't.''

Translation...

we'll have room for Thomas Bryant.

That is a little unsettling. Seems like more than just one guy transferring to qualify as "tremendous." Then again tremendous is a coach word that usually means "marginally notable" so I guess we'll see.

Our guards have to improve next year. We all know Rak won't be the only player on the current roster not come back next year.

I really hope college hoops reduces the shot clock to 30 and JB dumps this NBA iso offense unless we have a MCW/Waiters/Flynn/Ennis to run it.

I see a transfer or two and an early entry or two.

Hopefully, 'tremendous change' doesn't imply any resulting changes because of further punishment. I also assume that doesn't mean 'retirement'. JB would never go out like this. Willingly.

I wonder if we have more than one defection if there is a late hard push to bring in Murray now that he reclassified. That would be one awesome tremendous change!

Our guards have to improve next year. We all know Rak won't be the only player on the current roster not come back next year.

I really hope college hoops reduces the shot clock to 30 and JB dumps this NBA iso offense unless we have a MCW/Waiters/Flynn/Ennis to run it.
Battle in 2016 would be ideal for that offense imo, but not next yrs team

What are the chances we see him dump the NBA iso O? That's been problematic for years, he's not about to change now.

I wonder if we have more than one defection if there is a late hard push to bring in Murray now that he reclassified. That would be one awesome tremendous change!
6 guys in 2015? I dont see it

I assume both Mike G and Cooney can leave with no sit-out year because they should graduate in May (assuming they are on track). They could do the thing where they leave to get a masters that SU doesn't offer and play right away. I'm just not seeing an upside for either of them to do that, though. They both are in line for monster minutes next year.

Tremendous change= 4 or 5 freshmen + return of Coleman and CMAC + growth and development of Joseph/Johnson/Roberson
That seems doubtful as he talked about not knowing who will be here. He would have just talked about a lot of new pieces next year, not 'tremendous change'...

I assume both Mike G and Cooney can leave with no sit-out year because they should graduate in May (assuming they are on track). They could do the thing where they leave to get a masters that SU doesn't offer and play right away. I'm just not seeing an upside for either of them to do that, though. They both are in line for monster minutes next year.
G could go try to play pro ball. Cooney, I don't know what he'd do.

6 guys in 2015? I dont see it
Big numbers don't mean as much as they used to, with all of the kids who are leaving early. In other words, one big class does not unbalance a roster to the extent it has in the past.

I'm with Full Rebar. I think he's just referring to the fact that we are bringing in 5 guys plus we will likely have DCII and CMAC available again and Rak gone. That is tremendous change. He didn't say tremendous unanticipated change.

Yep G may be heading to europe or wherever

If that is the case, I'm convinced this program is flat out cursed. How the heck does UVa and similar schools keep guys year after year and we seemingly have guys bolting if they had 4 good games and took a charge in a key moment of televised game. We will never be successful if we can't keep guys like Mike G in the program for more than 1.5 years of productive play.

I would love G to be starting combo guard next year. If we can only have one of Cooney or Gbinije back next year I would want G. Cooney's minutes unless he adds to his game this offseason should be reduced. If Richardson learns the defense next year he needs to get some minutes.