Boeheim speaks on grant... | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim speaks on grant...

Well that did not leave me warm and fuzzy.

AZOrange said:
He gone.

Ennis was the big loss. Grant can be replaced, but we won't have a backup 4. That's where it will hurt.

cuseguy said:
Ennis was the big loss. Grant can be replaced, but we won't have a backup 4. That's where it will hurt.

We have 2 guys that can play the 4. Roberson and McCullough.

rrlbees said:
We have 2 guys that can play the 4. Roberson and McCullough.

Ha. The old mix and match.

You're good.

cuseguy said:
Ha. The old mix and match. You're good.

We'd only have a problem if both have to be out at the same time.

That story is 24 hours old. The Elmcrest dinner was Wednesday.

Had JB already spoken to the Grant family by then, or have they yet to meet?

cuseguy said:
Do we have 2 guys who can play the point? Mike G doesn't count. He's not a point. Your turn.

Why doesn't G count? He could take a big step forward. We also don't know if we'll bring in another kid.

Why doesn't G count? He could take a big step forward. We also don't know if we'll bring in another kid.

Unlikely. Haven't you heard, Boeheim is hell bent on driving the program into the ground. He refuses to do anything that will help the team and is laughing his tookis off while Rome burns!!

rrlbees said:

I'm not a big fan of G at the point, and I don't think he's particularly comfortable there. I've always seen G as more of a combo 2/3.

We should bring in another point. But I don't get the sense we will.

cto said:
That was pretty shitty. Ambushing him at a charity event where he was doing something good for the community. That is all I wll say.

Was he ambushed?

I tend to think it's good reporting.

Or an attempt at good reporting.

JB is a public figure. The most public figure in Syracuse. I don't see anything wrong with a reporter asking him that question.

Was he ambushed?

JB is a public figure. The most public figure in Syracuse. I don't see anything wrong with a reporter asking him that question.

It's not the question it was the situation. He was there as a guest of honor for Elmcrest. Not the time or place. Should be all about the organization we were all there to support.

oldpinepoint said:
It's not the question it was the situation. He was there as a guest of honor for Elmcrest. Not the time or place. Should be all about the organization we were all there to support.

Disagree. It's a good thing JB is a coach in a one horse town. Can only imagine how many times he'd be "ambushed" as coach of, say, the Knicks.

Was he ambushed?

He was there to help raise money for a charity -- not to talk about SU basketball. This is why many public figures will NOT help raise money for charity. They are they there for a purpose. Not to be harassed about their day jobs.

Last edited:
He was there to help raise money for a charity -- not to talk about SU basketball. This is why many public figures will NOT help raise money for charity. They are they there for a purpose. Not to be harassed about their day jobs.

He is at a public event. He is not being hounded like the paparazzi who intrude upon the private lives of celebrities. He and any public figure is fair game in that kind of setting and he should expect things like this. There was nothing wrong and more things right about what happened in that kind of environment. I hope we never discourage freedom of the press so I totally disagree with your opinion.

He is at a public event. He is not being hounded like the paparazzi who intrude upon the private lives of celebrities. He and any public figure is fair game in that kind of setting and he should expect things like this. There was nothing wrong and more things right about what happened in that kind of environment. I hope we never discourage freedom of the press so I totally disagree with your opinion.
Have to agree. He was not there as JB, private citizen. He was there as HOFHC JB.

Last edited:
"We'll see what happens" Boeheim said.

"Kids have to do what they think is best for themselves, and we have to adjust to that" he added.

thats how we got to "he gone" and "message to his dad"

Did i miss a quote?

It isn't over til the fat lady sings, in this case Grant. JB knows that and answered appropriately. As much as we speculate, most of us have no idea what is going to happen going forward. I'm going to trust in the guy who has been driving the train for more than half my life to figure out what is best for the program just as he has in the past. No worries!

"We'll see what happens" Boeheim said.

"Kids have to do what they think is best for themselves, and we have to adjust to that" he added.

thats how we got to "he gone" and "message to his dad"

Did i miss a quote?
I read this as a non-comment comment.
It's a platitude.
He said nothing of substance...exactly what you'd expect if there's no revealed decision.

Jim Boeheim is a public figure...probably THE most public figure in Central New York.
And he is one for only one reason: that he's been SU basketball coach for 38 years.
He's a big boy at a public event.
Such questions are to be expected.
They're run of the mill.

This wasn't a funeral.
It was a charity event.
His charity work is admirable.
But the entire reason he's attractive as a charity fundraiser or honoree is because of his celebrity as the Orange coach.
Doubtful anyone really wants to hear him (or anyone else for that matter) actually talk about the charity.

He's the highest paid employee for the University, a millionaire several times over because he coaches a game. And the only reason he's there is because...he's the basketball coach.

And if that's the reason why many public figures won't pursue philanthropic endeavors, well they're pretty much bags.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom