Boeheim speaks on grant... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim speaks on grant...

moqui said:
sure . . . I hear there's a sale down at Points 'R Us . . . pick up 2 while we're at it

Yeah, I know it's so difficult for a selector with 3 scholarships to give to find a backup point guard. Such a luxury.

Yeah, I know it's so difficult for a selector with 3 scholarships to give to find a backup point guard. Such a luxury.

since you think it is so easy, show us a list of all the high-D1-capable point guards available for the fall of 2014

the staff know full well what is out there, and what they've got in hand. if they are standing pat, you can bet it is for a reason

and if you think the reason is that they are stupid and you know better, then list the kids eager to come and compete with a bunch of guys already in the system for a chance to average 6 to 8 mpg.

That was pretty shitty. Ambushing him at a charity event where he was doing something good for the community. That is all I wll say.

He was being honored for work done on behalf of the charity and/or community. Presumably that meant raising money and awareness for certain causes. How much of that effort was facilitated by his position as head coach? How many requests would have gone unanswered if not for his title? This was no "ambushing".

that remains to be seen
That is exactly right Moqui. Prior to that season there were a ton of question marks, just like going into next season. Wesley Johnson was rumored to be the best player in practice, but nobody knew how good he would be. Andy surely had his doubters. AO and Rick Jackson, I don't think anyone thought they were super stars. That team had the right combination of players and the right chemistry to win. There is a ton of talent on this team. Alot of versatility. This year's freshman are hungry and are very hard workers and they are looking to step up and fill in the blanks to make this another special team. I can't wait to see what happens. In my opinion, these are the best years, because the team is relatively undefined going in to the season and these guys have a chance to work hard and get it all figured out. That is why I love college basketball WAYYYYY more than the NBA.

"Come to Syracuse. You"ll get minutes when Kaleb has foul trouble...or mop up against Colgate.

Or you will get the half if not the majority of the minutes if Kaleb is not ready.

Dave85 said:
Or you will get the half if not the majority of the minutes if Kaleb is not ready.

I understand that you have a fantasy that such a player exists, but again I challenge you to give the name of an actual person who is good enough to compete with the guys already in the fold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom