Boeheimium Rhapsody | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheimium Rhapsody

if you asked me to name songs by any of these groups other than beatles i might be able to name 1-2.

if you played the song i could probably recognize a few more.

who/feetwood/u2/metallica probably zero in either case no idea really anything any of them have done but I know U2 exists.

metallica/who/ac-dc not a chance i have no clue what they sound like even if i have heard them.

i do know a couple stones i have heard but couldnt tell you what that were.

lef zepplin/pink floyd one each i think.

guns and roses couldnt name any but i could probably recognize the voice

queen once i heard them i went ok thats a queen song . but going in not more than 2-3.

chicago i can recognize a few.

i dont think going to college in the 80s i heard one person playing any of these groups.

if you asked me to name songs by any of these groups other than beatles i might be able to name 1-2.

if you played the song i could probably recognize a few more.

who/feetwood/u2/metallica probably zero in either case no idea really anything any of them have done but I know U2 exists.

metallica/who/ac-dc not a chance i have no clue what they sound like even if i have heard them.

i do know a couple stones i have heard but couldnt tell you what that were.

lef zepplin/pink floyd one each i think.

guns and roses couldnt name any but i could probably recognize the voice

queen once i heard them i went ok thats a queen song . but going in not more than 2-3.

chicago i can recognize a few.

i dont think going to college in the 80s i heard one person playing any of these groups.
I went to college in the 80s.

Those are the most Popular bands in the Glorious history of Rock n Roll.

I feel bad for you and your friends and your New Kids on the Block and Madonna cds or whatever pop u stuck to.

Never met anyone who didn’t like, or for the love of Pete, at least know...those bands & who liked sports , that was within a radius of 20 years of my birthday.

dont know new kids songs either, i do know I am not a big madonna fan.

I know Im just more of a mainstream music guy.. 4-500 cds and not one from any of these groups other than a beatles one.

styx/foriegner/boston/journey/ELO/kansas/genisis

i did like def leppard though.

is it a small town vs city thing?

Saw this last weekend. I was entertained. I didn't think it was the greatest film, but Queen's music is so damn good, that it felt like just putting on their greatest hits albums. Malek is excellent, and the kid they got to play Brian May is a dead ringer.

I think where a lot of the criticism comes in is that the film is kind of sprawling. It's more a Freddie Mercury biopic than a Queen one for about 60% of the film, but doesn't really take a tight enough focus on him, IMO to really make it about Mercury.

Queen is a huge multi-decade band with a lot of great stuff, so I can see where it's hard to pare that down to two hours.

Saw the movie on my flight yesterday. Finally. Wow. I was blown away. Loved it enough that I watched part of it again during the flight.

Saw this last weekend. I was entertained. I didn't think it was the greatest film, but Queen's music is so damn good, that it felt like just putting on their greatest hits albums. Malek is excellent, and the kid they got to play Brian May is a dead ringer.

I think where a lot of the criticism comes in is that the film is kind of sprawling. It's more a Freddie Mercury biopic than a Queen one for about 60% of the film, but doesn't really take a tight enough focus on him, IMO to really make it about Mercury.

Queen is a huge multi-decade band with a lot of great stuff, so I can see where it's hard to pare that down to two hours.

I also enjoyed the movie. They were remarkably talented, innovative and original. Their vocal harmonies are the stuff of legend, they crossed genres easily (e.g. Crazy Little Thing is actually rockabilly), May's guitar work is often spectacular, always fitting in and never trying to take over, BR itself is a lyrical tour de force, as is Killer Queen, and Deacon's bass work is much the same as May's guitar work (above).

Saw it tonight. Liked it a lot. Still prefer Roma and A Star is Born more I think.

i liked a star is born. but it was a nice music story for 1:45 and a movie for about the last 15..

BR was also about the music but tried to tell a story of and on the whole movie.

dont know new kids songs either, i do know I am not a big madonna fan.

I know Im just more of a mainstream music guy.. 4-500 cds and not one from any of these groups other than a beatles one.

styx/foriegner/boston/journey/ELO/kansas/genisis

i did like def leppard though.

is it a small town vs city thing?

U2 (along with REM) were probably the two biggest college bands when I was in school in the 80s. Music is a personal thing, though. We like what we like. I’m assuming we must be close to the same age and I know a bunch of songs by the groups Kaiser mentioned.

I saw the movie and really liked it. Probably put it after The Doors in terms of biopics, but I really liked it. I was just glad not to be dragged by my kids to another comic book movie. I slipped out and saw this by myself.

i watched it last night and enjoyed the performances ( are those teeth real ?) and the soundtrack brought back good memories but as far as best picture ????? pass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom