Boeheim's Army / TBT 2021 | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army / TBT 2021

Screenshot_20210724-112508_Instagram.jpg

I haven't heard anything about the 3 point shooting competition that White was in. Does anybody know if he advanced?

In the future, could current college players play in a tournament like TBT since there's no guaranteed money?
No.

That's not NIL.

That would be basketball in other competitive settings, and if they won, they'd be compensated for the basketball, not for their name, image, or likeness.

Now, that said... for these alumni teams, could a current player strike a deal with a local card/sports memorabilia shop where the TBT team is and sign autographs for $$$?

Yup. Because that's profiting from their name, image, and/or likeness.

I've seen a few posts in the game threads about Coach Pope and how he ended up as BA's coach, so I thought I'd share it in the original Boeheim's Army thread...

It started at UW when Hop took over. Pope was a grad manager. While he was there, Pope started making some SU connections including Devo. After getting got his masters, Pope went to Orangeville Prep to work for Ennis' dad. While there, Weitsman and Devo visited to check out Orangeville Prep because of their idea to start their own basketball academy. Through that visit, Pope became friends with Adam and even closer with Eric. I'm pretty sure he attended a Cuse game in the Dome with both of them as well. Fast forward to now.. Weitsman called him up and offered him the job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom