Boeheim's Army / TBT 2023 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army / TBT 2023

Eh, my standards are pretty low.

I still will watch it if it's convenient.

You still in Utah btw? I continue my successful streak of living in Utah while working remotely for companies headquartered in places with a higher cost of living.
Still here with no plans to leave. One of these days I should change my board name accordingly.

2 career long Cuse guys.
1 one and done who played like 10 games.
1 who transferred in and played multiple seasons.
2 grad transfers.
1 who played 2 years and transferred out.

And 4 other guys.

Good enough for me to follow and watch I guess, but Battle and Christmas are the only ones I ever remember rooting for in a big NCAA tourney game.

*shrug*

Those early teams with Southerland, Warrick, Devendorf, etc. really had my interest.
Agree, I hope the team does well for the benefit of the SU guys and I'll probably watch, but it's not anything I will plan my schedule around. I just can't pretend this is the real SU playing. I might get into more when Nov-March becomes the highlight of the year again, like I think it will start to be this season, and this is more of a fun side thing. Plus, I know you also have a good baseball team to cheer for, so that gets more of my attention this time of year.

Change the team name to Boeheim's Warriors or Golden Eagles.

Well there are what 7 cuse guys, 2 Marquette guys, then Kane, Morgan and the CoC kid. So Golden Eagles I don't get.
Just doesn't feel the same as having all/almost all Cuse players. I guess if they win the thing, alls forgotten.

He was fun to talk smack with in TBT here in Atlanta a few years ago.

From what I've seen there hasn't been a 100 pct alumni team to win it all. Basically everyone has hired guns. Kane coming back for a 3rd year he is kind of an adopted Orange now anyways plus Morgan now in year 2.. I can appreciate the free agents that come back. Thus it's truly just 3 new faces.

Even UB wasn't all UB I believe.

Just doesn't feel the same as having all/almost all Cuse players. I guess if they win the thing, alls forgotten.

To me its up to TBT to make it an alumni tourney. Otherwise while it may reduce interest some it is what it is. Seeing Tyus back out there I am stoked about.

To me its up to TBT to make it an alumni tourney. Otherwise while it may reduce interest some it is what it is. Seeing Tyus back out there I am stoked about.
Doesn't Marquette field an alumni team? Guessing not this year, if these two guys are playing for BA. Yeah, stoked about Tyus; would love to see Brandon Triche on the roster.

We’d be happy if the actual Cuse team took a transfer from Marquette (or anywhere) to get better. Not sure why people see it differently here. Just have fun rooting on a team affiliated with Cuse.

We’d be happy if the actual Cuse team took a transfer from Marquette (or anywhere) to get better. Not sure why people see it differently here. Just have fun rooting on a team affiliated with Cuse.

THIS.

I mean, the actual men's hoops teams has multiple transfers who weren't Cuse guys, until they were.
How and why would this be any different?

We've got JJ, Chance, Kyle Cuffe Jr, McLeod & Hima (prior yr transfer) on this squad now.

Did we have a problem rooting for Wes, Silent G, Chewie, Gillon, Uncle Drew, Eli, Cole, etc?

Seinfeld nailed it - "we're all just rooting for laundry".

Doesn't Marquette field an alumni team? Guessing not this year, if these two guys are playing for BA. Yeah, stoked about Tyus; would love to see Brandon Triche on the roster.

They used to but not this year apparently which is likely why.

Brandon is 32 now. We have had a few guys who we were stoked about seeing but then when we saw them…they had gotten “older”. Not saying that would apply to Triche, but then again it might. You never know.

Now if we could get his Uncle Howard out there for a few minutes in mop-up that that might be fun. I’d pay to see him again regardless of his age.

Attachments

• Chess Boxing.jpg
    Chess Boxing.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 37
Wilson is a very solid add... though it is going to pain me when these two Marquette guys turn out to be more important than the majority of the SU guys.

Matters less to me at this point than it did early in the event's history. We won with Tyrese Rice & Kiefer Sykes as the two main guys. It is what it is.

Still going to be fun seeing Battle, McCullough, Christmas, Jimmy Boeheim, Chukwu & White play again. Specifically Battle. He's an underrated guy in the history of SU basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom