Boeheim's Army / TBT 2023 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army / TBT 2023

Wilson is a very solid add... though it is going to pain me when these two Marquette guys turn out to be more important than the majority of the SU guys.

Matters less to me at this point than it did early in the event's history. We won with Tyrese Rice & Kiefer Sykes as the two main guys. It is what it is.

Still going to be fun seeing Battle, McCullough, Christmas, Jimmy Boeheim, Chukwu & White play again. Specifically Battle. He's an underrated guy in the history of SU basketball.

McCullough was absolutely key in the year they won it. They don't win it without him.

McCullough was absolutely key in the year they won it. They don't win it without him.
Agreed. Didn't mean he wasn't a key - but those two guards were high up on the list too.

Agreed. Didn't mean he wasn't a key - but those two guards were high up on the list too.

Roger that. I'm excited seeing him and Battle along with the others.

Boeheim’s Army will play Team Gibson in its opening game of The Basketball Tournament.

The game is scheduled for July 24 at 7 p.m. at the Oncenter War Memorial, site of the Syracuse Regional. TBT games can be seen live on the ESPN family of networks, though no specific information exists yet about that particular matchup.

Team Gibson will be making its TBT debut this summer. Boeheim’s Army, one of the more veteran teams in TBT history, is 22-7 overall and won it all in 2021.

The Syracuse Regional seed list:

1) Blue Collar U

2) Boeheim’s Army

3) The Nerd Team

4) The Rhody Way (University of Rhode Island alums)

5) The Commonwealth (UMass alums)

6) Happy Valley Hoopers (Penn State alums)

7) Team Gibson

8) Big 5 (Philly players)

Looks like Boeheims Army isn't the only team to pluck players from that Marquette Golden Eagles team from past years. Team Gibson has two players from that team too (Elgin Cook and Vander Blue).

FzKOEJDX0AEKepY
FzGCQZnWYAAjQ5v

353775827_659296092908514_8954365718629423_n.jpg

I think we go 2-1. Depending on who Buffalo brings back.

Team Gibson (NBA vet Taj Gibson) is a new team, but they will not be a pushover 1st round (2 vs 7) matchup in my opinion. I wonder if Taj will lace 'em up for this.. doesn't sound like it. Whitehead can hoop. They snagged a couple Marquette guys as well. Funchess will be an interesting one to watch to see what he has. I know when he left football he said that he wanted to try out for the NBA.

In Syracuse, it should still come down to us verse Buffalo.

Team Gibson (NBA vet Taj Gibson) is a new team, but they will not be a pushover 1st round (2 vs 7) matchup in my opinion. I wonder if Taj will lace 'em up for this.. doesn't sound like it. Whitehead can hoop. They snagged a couple Marquette guys as well. Funchess will be an interesting one to watch to see what he has. I know when he left football he said that he wanted to try out for the NBA.

In Syracuse, it should still come down to us verse Buffalo.

Glad to get another shot at the Nerd team. Some serious dbags with that group last year .

Hell yeah UMass and Cuse games back-to-back in July

The 2nd and 3rd round games are not even on ESPNU only ESPN+.

I'll likely watch the first game and that's it unless BA advances to reach regular TV again.

The 2nd and 3rd round games are not even on ESPNU only ESPN+.

I'll likely watch the first game and that's it unless BA advances to reach regular TV again.
I didn't realize that. Agree, I usually re-up with ESPN+ in September when college football starts again and then keep it until April. I won't pay for a month to watch this, but I'll probably catch the regular tv games.

I didn't realize that. Agree, I usually re-up with ESPN+ in September when college football starts again and then keep it until April. I won't pay for a month to watch this, but I'll probably catch the regular tv games.
Honestly I would be more inclined to pay to watch them scrimmage with our University team than the TBT games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom