Boeheim's Army vs Blue Collar U Gameday... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army vs Blue Collar U Gameday...

Still rooting hard for these guys and keeping up with every game but it doesn’t have me glued/sucked in as much as if it was an all Cuse squad. Riller is something else though.

Also the thing is, I think they could put together a legit Cuse squad too.

Hughes
Battle
Ennis
Gillon
Buddy
Richardson
White
Jimmy
Marek
Christmas
McCullough
Pascal

That team has potential to win it all and I think all those players would play, if not at least strongly consider playing.

Still rooting hard for these guys and keeping up with every game but it doesn’t have me glued/sucked in as much as if it was an all Cuse squad. Riller is something else though.

Hughes
Battle
Ennis
Gillon
Buddy
Richardson
White
Jimmy
Marek
Christmas
McCullough
Pascal

That team has potential to win it all and I think all those players would play, if not at least strongly consider playing.

Definitely could see that squad getting it done too.

I will say one thing. In game 1 I noticed Wilson, Buycks, Riller and Robinson all kind of out there as hired guns. They played well with our crew but still not a team. After the last two games surrounding by a rowdy cuse crowd it was fun to see them enjoy the love and be more a part of the family even as a 3 week rental.

Put that orange on and feel the energy and you can't deny you are pulled in.

Hughes
Battle
Ennis
Gillon
Buddy
Richardson
White
Jimmy
Marek
Christmas
McCullough
Pascal

Obvious you need quick guards who can be physical at the basket. Nobody on that list is that.

Meh, not into this at all!
It must be very time-consuming for you to go all over the internet letting people know the stuff you're not into.

Guys, we get it, you don't like that it's not an all-alumni team. You'd rather they suit up JB Reafsnyder and the Dome Knitter than have hired-guns. Okay. But that's not the situation though, so you don't need to keep making that same dull point. These hired-guns are playing on a team named after a Syracuse coaching legend, they are by-proxy representing our city, and they are potentially helping a bunch of former cuse players make bank. If you can't root for them, fine. But you can feel free to just ignore the tournament.

It must be very time-consuming for you to go all over the internet letting people know the stuff you're not into.

Guys, we get it, you don't like that it's not an all-alumni team. You'd rather they suit up JB Reafsnyder and the Dome Knitter than have hired-guns. Okay. But that's not the situation though, so you don't need to keep making that same dull point. These hired-guns are playing on a team named after a Syracuse coaching legend, they are by-proxy representing our city, and they are potentially helping a bunch of former cuse players make bank. If you can't root for them, fine. But you can feel free to just ignore the tournament.

Believe you missed the sarcasm

Obvious you need quick guards who can be physical at the basket. Nobody on that list is that.

Battle? Seems to fit that requirement mostly. Maybe he’s not ultra quick, but he’s pretty quick.

See, I get that everybody is entitled to their own opinion / free to watch whatever they choose. And I get that in the big scheme of things, TBT doesn't really matter much. I readily acknowledge that if BA loses, I probably won't watch much [if any] of the rest.

But these past two games have been REALLY exciting. First, we got to play Nerd Team in a revenge game, and whipped them.

Then, we take on the defending champs / #1 seed from Buffalo, in a regional rivalry type of game with bad blood between the two programs -- and after being down 14 early, we win by 20.

We're now in the Elite 8, with a solid chance for our team to win the million dollar prize.

I've seen a lot of posters suggest that they don't want to watch, because it isn't all SU players. But I think you're missing out. It has been flat out fun to watch Rakim Christmas and Chris McCullough go out an play well, Jimmy Boeheim doing his thing, etc. And I've also enjoyed watching Riller, Robinson, and Kane even though they don't have ties to SU [although you can certainly make the case that Kane is now 'Cuse-adjacent, given his muti-year stint on Boeheim's Army].

And the excitement level should only go up from here, now that there's more on the line with each passing game. Don't miss out -- high quality basketball, with an Orange twist!

Last edited:
Blue Collar is a very good team that has been together for many years. This team out toughed them.

Really impressive effort. Riller and Wilson are the stars but Christmas and McCullough are important pIcees. I think BJ will be too if he can get healthy.

Who would have thought Boeheim’s Army and Jesse would both be headed to West Virginia this summer?

With Jim Boeheim there and Huggy Bear god knows where?

See, I get that everybody is entitled to their own opinion / free to watch whatever they choose. And I get that in the big scheme of things, TBT doesn't really matter much. I readily acknowledge that if BA loses, I probably won't watch much [if any] of the rest.

But these past two games have been REALLY exciting. First, we got to play Nerd Team in a revenge game, and whipped them.

Then, we take on the defending champs / #1 seed from Buffalo, in a regional rivalry type of game with bad blood between the two programs -- and after being down 14 early, we win by 20.

We're now in the Elite 8, with a solid chance for our team to win the million dollar prize.

I've seen a lot of posters suggest that they don't want to watch, because it isn't all SU players. But I think you're missing out. It has been flat out fun to watch Rakim Christmas and Chris McCullough go out an play well, Jimmy Boeheim doing his thing, etc. And I've also enjoyed watching Riller, Robinson, and Kane even though they don't have ties to SU [although you can certainly make the case that Kane is now 'Cuse-adjacent, given his muti-year stint on Boeheim's Army].

And the excitement level should only go up from here, now that there's more on the line with each passing game. Don't miss out -- high quality basketball, with an Orange twist!
Since there is too much negatively I'll take the time to say it. I love TBT as a quick summer basketball fix. I love watching Boeheim's Army. They are the home town team for this event. I'd watch and cheer just as much if there were zero SU players on the team. Theses guys represent Syracuse now, and they are doing it very well. On the court especially, but in interviews too. These guys LOVE our fans and love playing in Syracuse.

Sorry to the people still pining for this to be an SU old timers game, but you should have figured out by now that its logistically impossible long term. Depending on the number of healthy non NBA guys Syracuse has out there it can be a mostly SU team some years, but it can't just be an old timers game every year forever. It's too hard to get great basketball players to commit consistently to something where they are not likely to be paid at the end.

There are some really good players in this event. The best one (maybe even the best 2) play for us. The only way we don't win the whole thing is injuries (which is a very real concern). A few years ago there was nothing in the summer, now we have some basketball, I say enjoy it. It can literally end at any time. Its not much of a commitment. We get to say go SU in November. Until then all we've got is Go Boeheim's Army.

It’s fun and I hope they win.

It was just MORE fun when it was Southerland going insane from 3, and Warrick dominating, and Devo going to the hole and finishing with his left and talking crap and having the Morris brother’s team wanting to fight.

Those teams never won it, but they made runs. Deane was the only “outsider”, but he grew up near Albany.

1. Syracuse is undefeated on Siena's floor.

2. War Memorial doesn't own a court of its' own. Had to borrow one.
I wonder why the Dome court couldn't be shipped downtown.

IMG_5810.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom