Boeheim's Army vs Brotherly Love Game Info... | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army vs Brotherly Love Game Info...

Very disappointing. We really missed two of our best players, if not the two best, in Triche and McCullough. Triche for his headiness and DEFENSE and McCullough for his young kegs inside. Both would have started IMO, or should have.

Love was great with their movement and always making the extra pass. Even when we dug down and played hard defense, they’d just make one more pass to get us out of position due to lack of quickness.

Disappointed we didn’t play White and BJ more together. But even when they were we ran nothing to get them clean looks. The offense was nothing but one in one for a drive or a long jumper. Shots weren’t gotten off any movement and passing.

These guys are mostly all SU legends. But it’s time to start over even if we pick up a few non SU guys. The only ones I would invite back next year are White, BJ, Devo if he still wants to play, Hak if he really wants to stay in the game and maybe maybe G if we can’t get enough guys. Get Triche and McCullough back. Add Hak and Ennis if we can and one more wing that can Shoot. Nichols maybe but I think he’s moved on from this.

Bigs - Rak, McCullough, Hak

Wings - White, BJ, DNic or equivalent.

Guards - Triche, Ennis, Devo
What about Andy. Wouldn't he add value?

Well I was wondering why Seth Greenberg repeated constantly how Brotherly Love didn’t play as individuals but shared the ball, not caring who scores and play for each other. He must have repeated this 10 times throughout the 2nd half. Couldn’t figure out why he kept saying it.

JB’s half time commented regarding having less players, shorter rotation and taller forwards, instead of shorter 6’4, 6’5 guards playing forward which hurts rebounding and our of course, our centers playing better. Nothing that could be done about the forwards unless they are on the team.

And I've finally decided. My future lies beyond the yellow brick road.

Because it’s a group former Syracuse players that we root for? It could be the worst basketball imaginable and I’d probably watch.

I'd probably watch if it were an alumni corn hole tournament.

This team seemed to lack something from the beginning, especially on the boards. The idea that the bigs were a bit long in the tooth has credence. Maybe it's that we didn't do a great job of recruiting bigs in recent years?

I don't think we need bigs in this format. They didn't really clog or defend the middle in addition to not rebounding well, so what's the point of putting a tall, slow usually slightly awkward guy on the floor if not for rebounding or shot blocking?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom