Boeheim's Army vs Heartfire | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army vs Heartfire

Heartfire was a much bigger challenge than what these other two teams appear to bring.

Heartfire was a much bigger challenge than what these other two teams appear to bring.
Yes it appears that way but Bradley has a good inside game if they find a way to exploit it and the home court advantage and the other team is just gritty and doesn't quit.

Either the premise is getting old or the quality is just regressing. Either way it's still a fun watch but not nearly as much as the first few years.
Last nights game was real bad. Non-stop turnovers. No one able to finish at the hoop. The Army probably had a dozen turnovers on just basic basketball passes. Not sure if guys are just out of shape or if the refs are allowing too much contact but I agree that the 2 games so far seem a lot worse quality than previous years.

Last nights game was real bad. Non-stop turnovers. No one able to finish at the hoop. The Army probably had a dozen turnovers on just basic basketball passes. Not sure if guys are just out of shape or if the refs are allowing too much contact but I agree that the 2 games so far seem a lot worse quality than previous years.

The officiating has been a joke. They let guys bang and foul each other all game and then call some things when they feel like it. There is no flow. It's pickup games essentially which basically means if you have quick and scoring guards along with some bruisers/junkyard guys you have the right mix. We added four of that type and it was exactly what was needed to advance but it was awful to watch.

The officiating has been a joke. They let guys bang and foul each other all game and then call some things when they feel like it. There is no flow. It's pickup games essentially which basically means if you have quick and scoring guards along with some bruisers/junkyard guys you have the right mix. We added four of that type and it was exactly what was needed to advance but it was awful to watch.
Could not agree more with the officiating. I love watching Boeheims Army but the games are so ugly because of the refs allowing guys to get mugged on drives or down low. This tourny will continue to be ugly until they fix that.

I have a harder time caring as much this year with more non SU players on the roster. In past years I'd make it a priority to watch, but I haven't this time around. Plus, I also really enjoy the Summer Olympics. And with them being on only once every 4 years (or 5 in this case), watching them over some truthfully ugly basketball takes precedence for me.

It was another ugly win. My beef is the play and coaching seems to be very lackadaisical, the team hasn't gone into the locker room for half time adjustments either game, maybe I should expect less but heck these guys are going for a MILLION Dollars!

As others have said this seems to be more street ball this year than years past which is disappointing but I guess its better than nothing.

As one could expect the fan base has been small for the first 2 games in Peoria, maybe 60-75 or so Cuse Fans for game 1 and less than 25 last night.

Could not agree more with the officiating. I love watching Boeheims Army but the games are so ugly because of the refs allowing guys to get mugged on drives or down low. This tourny will continue to be ugly until they fix that.

Reminded me of a Pitt game during the Jamie Dickhead era.

Which was not a surprise, given the Pitt faces on that Heartfire team.

I don’t find this year as enjoyable. Maybe it is the quality of play or maybe it is because the actual SU guys are, for the most part, merely supporting cast members.

I don't mind the non-SU guys but I wish that the SU guys were contributing more. In past years, the stars were the SU guys and the non-SU guys were the role players who supported them. That hasn't been as much the case so far this year.

I have no problem rooting for the Trailblazers because of a certain ex-Orange that comes off the bench. But he is him and thus it is a different situation. It is more fun when the ex-Oranges on BA are the stars.

Last edited:
I find this year immensely more enjoyable than last year...when we played two terribly ugly games and got blown out in the second game.

However, I doubt I’ll enjoy it as much as the year where we made deep runs with Cuse guys.

Obviously I’d rather watch them win with pretty much all Cuse guys, but if that wasn’t a realistic option this year, well...

We don’t recruit many of those physical junkyard dog type forwards, but they’re effective in this format and thus we needed to get them from somewhere. Like, CJ Fair was probably a better college player than Kennedy. But in this tournament where they don’t call anything, a guy like Kennedy is probably better.

Also, not having Gillon or Triche probably made it necessary to grab another guard.

I find this year immensely more enjoyable than last year...when we played two terribly ugly games and got blown out in the second game.

However, I doubt I’ll enjoy it as much as the year where we made deep runs with Cuse guys.

Obviously I’d rather watch them win with pretty much all Cuse guys, but if that wasn’t a realistic option this year, well...

We don’t recruit many of those physical junkyard dog type forwards, but they’re effective in this format and thus we needed to get them from somewhere. Like, CJ Fair was probably a better college player than Kennedy. But in this tournament where they don’t call anything, a guy like Kennedy is probably better.

Also, not having Gillon or Triche probably made it necessary to grab another guard.
Would having scoop and RJ have helped?

Who is the guy sitting down with the X and O board Ryan Blackwell pointing to?
Jeremy Pope, who is the head coach this year. I have no idea who he is or why they brought him in, tbh.

Who does ESPN think they’re catering to by constantly making every game about random stories? The in game split screens and interview(even JB’s) while they completely ignore the game for minutes at a time...literally nobody cares. Anybody that actually has this on their TV is a hoops junkie who is just trying to watch the game.

They do the same thing with high school games.

Devo still shows the most effort on the court.

Devo shows his age. Hate to say it because I love the guy. But he doesn't have it to be truly competitive with these guys. He's reduced to being a glue guy, scrapping for loose balls. Which is fine, it's just that he can't get by guys to drive the lane anymore, and his passes have been all over the place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom