Boeheim's Army vs Team FOE Game Thread... | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army vs Team FOE Game Thread...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Boeheim's Army vs Team FOE
Sunday, July 23, 2017 | 2:00 pm
Brooklyn, NY

TV: ESPN

You can also watch online through Watch ESPN or by using the Watch ESPN app for tablets and mobile devices.

DFYLcY3XcAEshGJ.jpg

We do have a size advantage and Kansas players tend to struggle against the zone.

They have a lot of talent at guard but how many can they get away with playing at the same time.

We do have a size advantage and Kansas players tend to struggle against the zone.

Looking at their roster, only 3 of their players played for Kansas.

Maalik Wayns...I still remember that game at the Dome when he came out and hit a bunch of early 3's, while being like a 20 something percent 3 point shooter on the year.

Looking at their roster, only 3 of their players played for Kansas.

Maalik Wayns...I still remember that game at the Dome when he came out and hit a bunch of early 3's, while being like a 20 something percent 3 point shooter on the year.
Two of them start and all three play a lot of minutes. But you're right, there are a few former Big East players that may or may not cancel that out.

Man I thought Tyshawn Taylor was going to be a star. As a true frosh he was impressive. Was unguardable during that game in KC we came back at won.

Man I thought Tyshawn Taylor was going to be a star. As a true frosh he was impressive. Was unguardable during that game in KC we came back at won.

It is pretty strange how some guys are extremely good at the beginning of their college careers but simply don't develop. I have had this same thought you posted about 20 or so players over the years. You hear their name and think what happened to that guy he looked like a stud.

It is pretty strange how some guys are extremely good at the beginning of their college careers but simply don't develop. I have had this same thought you posted about 20 or so players over the years. You hear their name and think what happened to that guy he looked like a stud.

Yeah, I'm going to try to think of some of these guys. One guy I thought who woud be like another Gilbert Arenas was Rasheed Sulaimon. I thought he looked absolutely terrific as a frosh. Obviously he had some off the court trouble but I thought he was going to be a 20ppg type scorer.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm going to try to think of some of these guys. One guy I thought who woud be like another Gilbert Arenas was Rasheed Sulaimon. I thought he looked absolutely terrific as a frosh. Obviously he had some off the off the court trouble but I thought he was going to be a 20ppg type scorer.

Who was the PG that played for Marquette about 10 years back? He came out of the gates great as a freshman and then seemed to get worse as his college career progressed.

Who was the PG that played for Marquette about 10 years back? He came out of the gates great as a freshman and then seemed to get worse as his college career progressed.

Vander Blue?

Dominic James

Yup. And Chris Thomas had a similar career at Notre Dame.

Terence Morris from Maryland always comes to mind for me as a great example here. He had a great sophomore year but never progressed beyond that, and even regressed as a senior. 6'9, Athletic, looked like he would develop into a big time shooter but got worse there. That always puzzled me.

Yup. And Chris Thomas had a similar career at Notre Dame.

Terence Morris from Maryland always comes to mind for me as a great example here. He had a great sophomore year but never progressed beyond that, and even regressed as a senior. 6'9, Athletic, looked like he would develop into a big time shooter but got worse there. That always puzzled me.

Thomas would have been a drafted had he left after his freshman or sophomore year. Didn't he have a knee injury that sapped a lot of his explosiveness by the time he was an upperclassmen if I recall?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom